It's official! BestBuy offering NO DOORBUSTERS in parts of OH, SD, IA, ID, WV, + more

MarkRaby

Looks like they are expanding this a lot this year. Check bestbuy.com or your local paper to make sure you don't have this instead of the doorbuster deals:

http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/dyn_rppi/270.0.80.0/BestBuy/large/1124MW01cp2_rv74z.jpg

I can't say I wasn't expecting this, but I'm still a little upset, and confused, at the fact that Best Buy doesn't want me to get to their store really early for any reason.

-Mark-

Again? Good lord. That really sucks. You have all those BB Bucks and everything. We have the doorbusters here...but nothing I am going to be there for. I won't be able to go out on Friday, I don't think. Noplace to leave the kids that early, and by later in the day, I might as well not even bother.

Again? Good lord. That really sucks. You have all those BB Bucks and everything. We have the doorbusters here...but nothing I am going to be there for. I won't be able to go out on Friday, I don't think. Noplace to leave the kids that early, and by later in the day, I might as well not even bother.

Yeah; if I didn't have the BB Bucks, I just wouldn't even waste my time there. There are some other deals I'm interested in (some of the 2-day sales and that 19" LCD monitor), but I sure would have preferred to spend them on that $250 digital camcorder or $379 laptop.

-Mark-

Cue me in on the grudge part? I thought Dayton, Cincy, and Columbus are some kind of test markets for BB? Different Reward Zone program as well.

Ohio sued Best Buy for illegal business practices (and for some reason, this shocked Best Buy....) But I don't think that is what's at play here. I would have to check the zip codes, but I think areas like Cleveland and Akron will have the doorbusters.

I think it is part of the fact that we are a test market. Yep; earlier this year, they lowered our Reward Zone benefits, and to top it off they are scrapping the doorbusters for us. So, who wants to come live in Columbus?

-Mark-

I was told by a mgr last year it's the test market issue. I don't remember if it was the Feds about a FL case or the FL AG, but one of them nailed BB at least as badly as OH. Actually OH seemed to let them off too easily. The other case was for ly.. er misleading people about the alleged coverage provided by those "extra service plans" they beat you over the head with.

sorry for the delay Mark - didn't know you started a new thread!!

trying other OH stores now - crashing

mark i see the reward zone points for sat is only 100. we are supposely get 10000 bouns points for 25.00 spent on sat before 10:00 a.m. 5000 after 10:00

Yeah; lucky us - we are also the test market for a new Reward Zone program, where you earn 1 point per dollar spent (not 100), and you need 250 points to earn a $5 certificate, making the rate of return 2% instead of 3.3%

-Mark-

And those would be because of the Ohio lawsuit as well?

-Mark-

? Why would they be becuase of the OH lawsuit? They don't take a market that is extremely profitable and make it a test market. They know OH hates them already, its naturally a good test market.

? Why would they be becuase of the OH lawsuit? They don't take a market that is extremely profitable and make it a test market. They know OH hates them already, its naturally a good test market.

I thought you were saying the entire gift card idea was because of the Ohio lawsuit (ie. as part of a settlement or something).

-Mark-

Oh, no. Who ever first mentioned (to lazy to look back ;) ) that the GCs were part of test markets is probably right. Im just saying that OH is naturally a good test market becuase of the lawsuit.

Also, this shouldn't be that surprising to everyone. For those of you who read the BB article a while ago where BB explains, in detail, about us "devil" customers and how they are going to gradually get away from catering towards us.

mark what are the doorbusters you were looking to get i could try to get them for you and send them AT cost except the laptop already having trouble tring to get two of them because of that 1 per household deal. and if they try this CRAP in texas they will loose!!!

Ah; sorry for misunderstanding you. That's a good point about us being a good test market for the "un-consumer friendly" things (of course, we don't get to be the test market for things like the personal shopping assistants who can let you in the store early on BF). I guess Ohio is just full of devil customers (but then again, I probably have a lot to do with that ;)).

-Mark-

mark what are the doorbusters you were looking to get i could try to get them for you and send them AT cost except the laptop already having trouble tring to get two of them because of that 1 per household deal. and if they try this CRAP in texas they will loose!!!

Actually, the problem is that I was going to use my Best Buy Bucks to pay for them, which expire on Dec 3. But thank you so much for the offer. I wish I could take you up on it.

-Mark-