Brad, Check out this crap!!

babsmac

My MIL sent me this yesterday:

Click on "Gottadeal.com Is Nottadeal.com"

http://www.wreg.com/

This was my reply to MIL:

I'm not really sure what this story is talking about. The whole story has so many inaccuracys, yet another reason I don't watch any news but Channel 5. All the prices for things I'm looking at were right in the early ads after I saw the actual ads (Walmart). I talked to a manager at Walmart yesterday (I was asking what time I should get there) and she said that they knew their ads were leaked to a competior so they printed a special flyer just yesterday and lowered the prices even more on some items. That may be why there are some price differences. Since I'm sure that reporter didn't go the site before yesterday, so I don't think he knows what he is talking about.

Babs

How the Hell are they gonna say that they copied it word for word but it's not right? :rant:

Sorry if the language offends anyone. :( But that just pisses me off this is a wonderful site and all of the ads that have come out on the retailers sites have been accurate. Except for a few things changed at Wal-Mart since the leak was over a month ago.

Oh man! I love the ending where the anchor says that after this Andy Wise character made his rounds he got on Walmart.com and discovered that you simply copied the ad word for word. Really? You think? Except Gottadeal had the ad a month BEFORE it was on Walmart.com! So the part where they implied that you didn't actually get the ads from someone close to the production process and that the prices you list are simply the every day price - what about that? :confused: They seem to be contradicting themselves there.

Off to write an e-mail...

My question to that asswhip TV station. How did gottadeal.com know AHEAD of time that the prices would be about oh I dont know...100% correct on WM's crap. Hell WM can't even get their shit right.

Look a Computer: $398

No No. ITs $488

No NO its $632

No No is $378

God we dont know??? Let confuse everyone by putting out DIFFERENT ads and then we will PM ourselves?? Dumbass idiots at WM out on the farm! :gd_twocen:indiffere

that was hillariuous. I wonder if all the people living in that town are as dumb as the reporter.

Uhhh...of course the ads are copied word for word....except it was here WEEKS before it was on WM.com.....

Have these people never looked at a sales paper to know that some things are in the ad at everyday prices? Or did they bother to read the threads telling people which items WERE everyday prices? Geez, what morons.

Off to write an e-mail...

I was thinking about writing an email myself. I think I will!! Everyone of us should send them an e-mail. BUT...IF YOU DO...

REMEMBER...don't be rude or sarcastic. Don't show your:gd_shake: b/c that won't get us or the website anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to tell them off. But it will just get tossed to the side if it's in a bad manner. The way to get your point across is to be as nice as possible about it. Just simply tell them that you're not sure where they have gotten their information but the ads so far have been pretty well on the money. And that there is no way for Brad or Ross to have copied the ad off Wal-Marts website since GottaDeal had it a month ago. (Or whatever you want to tell them). Tell them if they take a more in depth look at the site they will notice these ads were leaked way before they were on the companies web sites. Also, if they believe the ads are sooooo incorect then they should do a follow up story after tomorrow when all the print ads are in hand.

Ok, lets get writing everyone!!! :slaphappy

Please don't think we are all idiots in Memphis!! This guy is a total goob and we have been making fun of him for YEARS. He used to review home products and tell you if they were worth the money. Now he got too big for his britches and just makes up crap. This station has some major envy for the real news station in town and is always coming up with these type of sensational stories. I don't ever watch it so I didn't actually see it on the news.

Mugs, please write an email or tell Brad to sue. The whole town would be grateful if you got him off the air.

I have been telling all my friends and family how wonderful the site is. That is why my MIL sent me the link, she thought she was "saving" me.

I was thinking about writing an email myself. I think I will!! Everyone of us should send them an e-mail. BUT...IF YOU DO...

REMEMBER...don't be rude or sarcastic. Don't show your:gd_shake: b/c that won't get us or the website anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to tell them off. But it will just get tossed to the side if it's in a bad manner. The way to get your point across is to be as nice as possible about it. Just simply tell them that you're not sure where they have gotten their information but the ads so far have been pretty well on the money. And that there is no way for Brad or Ross to have copied the ad off Wal-Marts website since GottaDeal had it a month ago. (Or whatever you want to tell them). Tell them if they take a more in depth look at the site they will notice these ads were leaked way before they were on the companies web sites. Also, if they believe the ads are sooooo incorect then they should do a follow up story after tomorrow when all the print ads are in hand.

Ok, lets get writing everyone!!! :slaphappy

Well I TRIED to tone it down as much as I could. :) But they're a news organization, when faced with the facts it won't matter what packaging it comes in, they'll have to run a retraction. And it sure as heck better get as much airtime as that drivel did!

Please don't think we are all idiots in Memphis!! This guy is a total goob and we have been making fun of him for YEARS. He used to review home products and tell you if they were worth the money. Now he got too big for his britches and just makes up crap. This station has some major envy for the real news station in town and is always coming up with these type of sensational stories. I don't ever watch it so I didn't actually see it on the news.

Mugs, please write an email or tell Brad to sue. The whole town would be grateful if you got him off the air.

I have been telling all my friends and family how wonderful the site is. That is why my MIL sent me the link, she thought she was "saving" me.

Thats good to kknow! i have been to memphis, its a pretty place (during the daytime anyways). Seems like there are much more important things going on in memphis than this., The day I was there there was a shooting at the greyhound station. We were right across the street when it happened. I mean, come on. That guy was WAY off. But good to know that the people who live there think so as well!

Don't worry, every city has idiots like that. Local news....trying to act like the big boys

Oh by the way go Dawgs!!!

I'll keep you posted if I hear about a retraction I won't tell you I will go so far as to watch and see if they air one. That would just be too much to ask:) Just kidding, I may actully watch just this one day to see if they say anything.

Babs

Just an FYI on why the laptop is $632 in WI is due to a minimum markup law that requires each store to markup items a minimum price and not take a loss on the item. This is supposed to help the small shops to compete. Found this out today.

More than anything else they should be embarassed about the hacky "gottadeal/nottadeal" title. Ooooh, they made it rhyme... idiots.

Heh... when I showed Jenni the video she asked why they only went after Gottadeal and no other Black Friday sites - the best reason I could come up with is that they couldn't make the other sites rhyme with anything. ;)

This guy is a freakin clown! :shitfan:

He said "What a disappointment a Website promising the after Thanksgiving Sales today might just be a hoax"! :confused:

They pulled 3 ads for the piece that aired: GameStop, Super Target, WM.

He goes on to say that these ads posted were "misleading". :giggle:

That guy needs to report on stuff he is knowledged about. :wife:

Just wanted to show you guys a copy of the e-mail I sent!! I was very controlled. :D (I can't believe it. I'm so proud for keeping my temper).

Hi, I just wanted to contact you about Andy Wise's newstory entitled "Gottadeal is Nottadeal". I am a loyal GottaDeal user and I would just like to say that I think this newstory was very inaccurate. Yes, there are some Black Friday prices that are the same price as they are normally. However, that is the way retailers are. Sometimes they will put a regular priced item on their ad because they think it will sell. And as for the Wal-Mart ad, Andy Wise said that all Brad did was copy it word for word off Wal-Mart's website. I fail to see how this is possible since GottaDeal had the Wal-Mart ad posted on October 21st. Wal-Mart only posted the ad on their website just recently. Also, I saw the initial Wal-Mart list when it was posted by a regular GottaDeal member. It was only put on the official list a few days later after being confirmed. I even spoke with a manager at Circuit City the other night when I was in there and he was confirming lots of the sale items for me. Their ad was posted last week and is still not available on their website. So either GottaDeal got the correct ad or the manager was straight out lying to me. If your station feels the information is completely inaccurate, maybe you should do a follow-up story. Seeing as the ads will be in-hand tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day.

I also wanted to let you know that GottaDeal.com currently has over 67,000 loyal members and some are in your viewing area. An unresearched story could decrease the number of your viewers!

Thank you for your time and I seriously hope you consider looking into this matter.

Sincerely,

Miranda ****

One thing I brought up in my e-mail is that they apparantly didn't give Brad a chance to comment. Usually you see these negative stories and they end with "so and so declined to comment" or "could not be reached for comment." Not so here. If they had given Brad a chance to comment, he could have cleared up the inaccuracies.

I really think you should sue them Brad. At least talk to DevilsAdvocate or another lawyer you know online and see what your options are.

Dont you worry Brad we know you ROCK !!!!! Andy Wise needs to wisen up and start shopping gottadeal.com I have had my shopping plans laid out for about a week and now instead of staying up all night making my list i can take me a nap before shopping. Just wanted you to know that we appericiate you very much. Keep up the good work.:gd_pineap:gd_not_ri:yelclap::yay::bounce_fl:hearthrob :hearthrob :hearthrob :hearthrob [/size]