Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Saw the Neiman Marcus stuff 70% off, very clearly signed at the front of the store and there was tons left...people just aren't buying it. I considered the pink Marchesa dress for my daughter as at $23 it was a cute holiday dress. But it us dry clean only and that's just not happening for a kids' dress.

Thanks for the post about the scissors... I was able to find 2 pair yesterday thanks to your description and I really needed them! And I found 5 packs of the green "Christmas" solo plates & kids cups at 70% off and I needed them for a party. I've done better this year than the last 2 years combined in Christmas clearance!

*Tons* of NM stuff left here too at 70%.

Dollar spot was salvaged at 70% here.

Christmas kids pj's still full price here... obvious christmas... red/green/santa/etc. That happened last year here too when others were posting theirs were marked down.

Anyone venturing out today to see if maybe Christmas goes to 90%? I can't get to the store until tonight :(

I'm thinking Friday for 90% and probably just get gifts bags and any incredibly cute cards that might be left. we passed on a boxed outdoor angel yesterday just because storage would have been a headache and we don't really have outdoor stuff to go with it.

Still 70% here in the DFW, (Irving, TX). 50% off bagged candy. Pretty picked over, not much left other than ribbon, wrapping paper, ornaments, etc. 70% off Neiman Marcus but prices still a little too high than I'm willing to pay, and nothing's really that great either. Found the red and green goldfish but was still regular priced. Found pepperidge farm cookies but those are also still scanning at the regular price. Managed to find one RR set, so was super excited since I've been wanting one for forever, (a big thank you to the person who posted about it!) My other secret find was the Chinet clear crystal cups 14 oz, 18 count are ringing up 70% off and are not marked and in the normal paper supply aisles. The ones with the strawberry on the package are clearance, the ones with the lime are not. Tons of winter Oreos in the regular aisle, but I only got 2. Also found 2 Glad press n seal in the regular aisle.

Any tips on stocking stuffers to look for in the toy aisle? I should have taken a picture of the set up before Christmas! I am so anxious for stuff to go 90%. It is such a thrill getting thing so cheap! A friend of mine compared it to going on a scavenger hunt. Lots of fun!

Another thing to look for - EOS Raspberry lip balm with a white pattern at the top of the package. They are a deep red (not bright red).

QUESTION... If i take just my recipets (2) into Target, can they scan them and see what is lower priced and give me the difference. This would be off Chritmas stuff that I got for 70% off. I know they have the 14 day policy just didnt know if it would be this easy on clearance and also do I have to know exactly which item is lower. thanks

QUESTION... If i take just my recipets (2) into Target, can they scan them and see what is lower priced and give me the difference. This would be off Chritmas stuff that I got for 70% off. I know they have the 14 day policy just didnt know if it would be this easy on clearance and also do I have to know exactly which item is lower. thanks

This is really YMMV, our store does not allow price difference on seasonal clearance (can't return 50% once it goes 70% off, they will only give 70% price back), but I do know that is not the case in some states that allow for returns of this sort.

I have never been able to get a price adjustment on clearance. I have to do that re-buy and return trick. But its worth a try. You can only be told no.

Today I was able to find that Rachel Ray baking where mentioned above for $14.99. Also found Stars Wars Jabba's Palace marked at $35xx regular price is $115. All the other lego sets rang up 50% off. Not much of anything else except the Neiman Marcus stuff is now 70% off. I purchased the suitcase.

Thank you, I will try for the adjustment... and all my stuff is still in the trunk in case I am able to refind and rebuy. The one thing I know in CA is that we do get exactly what we paid for it with the store reciept, not the current clearance price... whew!

That is so nice, I understand why Target has the policy but if you really pay x for an item, you should be able to get x back no matter what the current discount is (with a receipt of course!)

Any tips on stocking stuffers to look for in the toy aisle? I should have taken a picture of the set up before Christmas! I am so anxious for stuff to go 90%. It is such a thrill getting thing so cheap! A friend of mine compared it to going on a scavenger hunt. Lots of fun!

Another thing to look for - EOS Raspberry lip balm with a white pattern at the top of the package. They are a deep red (not bright red).

I'd like to know about the toy aisle also. I remember getting tons of stuff in years past. Getting such a variety in inexpensive items lets me donate more :)

Selena

I'd like to know about the toy aisle also. I remember getting tons of stuff in years past. Getting such a variety in inexpensive items lets me donate more :)

Selena

This is what I have so far: Batman figures, LaLaLoopsy Ice something or other, Hello Kitty Mystery Figure, Tonka "Chuck" cars, Dinosaur Train figure, Yo Yo ball.

That doesn't work for holiday merchandise. A handful of states force them to honor it for seasonal merchandise, but CA does not.

Thank you, I will try for the adjustment... and all my stuff is still in the trunk in case I am able to refind and rebuy. The one thing I know in CA is that we do get exactly what we paid for it with the store reciept, not the current clearance price... whew!

Sorry, dear, that is not accurate for seasonal clearance merchandise. You return it now, you will only get the CURRENT price, not the original price paid. That ONLY applies to seasonal stuff, like Christmas wrapping paper and anything in the mini-seasonal department that is marked down without a red clearance tag. If they mark it manually, you get what you paid.

Target will NOT do a price adjustment on clearance. You either buy new stuff at the current discount and return the things you purchased with the 50% receipt or see if they will let you return it and buy it again (I have never had them let me do that). But you can't just take in the receipts and ask for and adjustment.

Target will NOT do a price adjustment on clearance. You either buy new stuff at the current discount and return the things you purchased with the 50% receipt or see if they will let you return it and buy it again (I have never had them let me do that). But you can't just take in the receipts and ask for and adjustment.

That is true except in a handful of states that require them to do it. I think Kansas and New Jersey are among them. We have this discussion every year, so you can probably find it in the archives and determine exactly which states require them to adjust on seasonal. But they ONLY do it where the law forces them to.

That is true except in a handful of states that require them to do it. I think Kansas and New Jersey are among them. We have this discussion every year, so you can probably find it in the archives and determine exactly which states require them to adjust on seasonal. But they ONLY do it where the law forces them to.

I think that Sarasuzymama means that people who buy a cmas item at 50% and then go in when it hits 70% to try and get the difference refunded to them. Not many have luck with doing that. But yes, in both Missouri and Kansas stores (at least around the Kansas City area) you DO get back what you pay for your holiday item no matter whether you bought it full price and return it when it's 70% off. Price adjustments are generally kind of hard to get, although I have had some nice customer service people do it for me during toy clearance a few years back.

There seemed to be some exceptions with Halloween costumes this year though. Signs were up telling shoppers all costumes had to be returned by Oct. 31. I hadn't ever seen that before.

I had a horrible experience at Target yesterday. Thankfully it was the out of the way one with a nice food area and I sat and collected my misrung items and thoughts before standing in line at CS. Also very thankful the lady didn't want to review item by item and took my word for cashiers errors. The lady started off ok by pulling together like items then putting in quantity for it, then half way through starts just adding quantities of stuff randomly.

She multiplied my tissue paper purchase by double by the time she was done mischarging, and I would have wound up saving next to nothing had I not realized she was full of it. Sometimes it pays to take your time and do it right the first time, how difficult is it to scan one thing at a time.

Yes, KC...that is what I meant...thanks! Here in Missouri I can get a refund for what I paid for the item as long as I have a receipt and actually return the item. However, I can got just bring in my receipt and say "I paid $10 for this and now it is on clearance for $5" and get them to give me a $5 refund (which is what a price adjustment is).

I tried scanning through the last two pages, anyone see the Bath & Body sets like Axe, Old Spice, Nivea, Dove, etc. discounted much yet? I went like two days ago, maybe three, and a few were marked down to $8.48 (reg. $9.99). I am looking for a better price than that. TIA :)

I tried scanning through the last two pages' date=' anyone see the Bath & Body sets like Axe, Old Spice, Nivea, Dove, etc. discounted much yet? I went like two days ago, maybe three, and a few were marked down to $8.48 (reg. $9.99). I am looking for a better price than that. TIA :)[/quote']

I just got back from Peru, il, and gift sets were still at that price