Secret Santa 2012 Official Discussion Thread

ClosedAcct

I received my SS gift today - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I love absolutely everything. I am going to get it all together this weekend for a nice picture. I received some fruit chips (low calorie and no sugar added which is exactly what I want), a box of 100 calorie pack natural almonds, a box of Great Value Energy Drink Mix packets (my favorite), a K-State stocking (yahoo Fiesta Bowl baby), 3 great bbw lotions and best of all a heated car pad for my seat in the bus. It gets cold on that bus sometimes :)

I am thrilled for everything - my SS did a great job reading my answers to the questions and did a fantastic job picking out great items for me. I am so happy for the healthy treats. I do love candy but since I have mostly cut out sugar from my diet eating that stuff may taste good but leaves me feeling awful. The healthy treats are just what I need right now!!

I have to say I was really bummed earlier today. I posted in another thread that someone stole one of my lawn decorations either last night or some time today. I was going to wait to open my gift but my hubby saw how upset I was and cut open the box and made me open it. Guess he is pretty smart after all :P

I am loving all the cards that I have been receiving. It has been a very hectic few weeks so they have been a real joy!! Now, I did get my ss package and I did open it cause I am worse than a kid. I just so appreciate my ss for all she did and the time she spent. I love everything in the box. I Love the bear salt and pepper holder, the bear ornament, the hand soaps, the star and the plaque. Right now the bear salt and pepper holder is on my dining room table holding Christmas candles instead and looks so cute. Thanks so much. I would take pictures but my camera is on the fritz. Sorry it took so long to acknowledge, but with the past few weeks that I have had, these cards and gifts have been a real blessing.

Thanks for all the kind words and the reinforcement of the 12/3 deadline. I think I take on things as my responsibility and blame myself when it's something I had zero control over in the first place -- I grew up in a family that uses guilt as a tool so I just take it on regardless (But I'm working on that ;) ).

I too am enjoying receiving the cards! I love opening the mailbox and it being more than junk, bills, and mail for previous residents! :)

Posting that you've received has helped me tremendously! It's so hard to check all the tracking numbers so let me ask this: If you've received but you're waiting until Christmas to open, could you please say so? It would help me and I think it might relieve the minds of your SS :)

Secret Santa - 46 people

37 - shipped; 21 received (the received number is based of having posted receiving or your SS saying they tracked what they shipped; same for OE)

7 - late/pending

2 - no word

Ornament Exchange - 28 people[/]

22 - shipped; 9 received

5 - late/pending

1 - no word

With regard to the 'no word' folks, one of the SS's is also the OE so only 2 people are MIA. I checked the activity (stalker style :D) of both and one was active 12/4 but before I sent the PMs and the other - and unfortunately this is the one who signed up for both - hadn't been on GD since 11/21. I had this same dilemma during the summer - how long do I wait before enlisting elves? I have more than enough on the elf list (possibly we could do community elves?) but I don't want to jump the gun. Hmmmmm......

I got both my boxes last night. I got the OE one from the mail lady and my neighbor came over and said "oh hey I got this in your name last week" It was nice but at least tell me, duh!!:P

I have not opened anything yet. I dislocated my shoulder and I am in a sling so everything is tough. It is better now that it is back in place and a big old shot of cortisone helped too.

I am guilty of being a late shipper, they went out yesterday to both my SS and OE:blush: I have notified Packergurl and she is aware. Sorry :(

I will open my gifts tonight and am very thankful for them. I will update later.

I got my SS today!!! I think the kids were more excited for me to open it than I was! :) and I love love love everything I received! It was so much fun opening everything and the look on the kids faces when they saw all the Hershey kisses in the bottom of the box was priceless! As if we've never had chocolate before! Lol Thanks SS for everything, we loved it :)

[attach]7213[/attach]

I got ho me from work about 20 minutes ago (3am) and had my SS box here waiting for me. Unfortunately it looks like it had been used as a ball in a game of kickball. :( I'm not sure if the glass things had been wrapped up in the plastic, or not, but the lid to the candle was broken all over everything & one the cap on one of the Bath & Body items was unscrewed & was over a few of the items. That was the bad, now for the good stuff- I got spoiled!!! I received a cute Santa mug with a packet of Peppermint Hot Cocoa, a fleece snowflake blanket, a cute little pack of Snowflake Nail Polishes, A sugar cookie Candle that smells divine!,Extra Long Blue Fuzzy Snuggle Sox- they are super soft & amazingly warm, Chocolate Sundae Hand Lotion, Bath & Body Cashmere Glow Shower Gel & Body Lotion, A Nora Roberts Book that I haven't read, and to top it off, one of my favorite candies- Reeces Pieces!! Thank you so much Lori (momlori) for being such a great ss. You did an awesome job!

I also received a super cute ornament yesterday in the mail. I'm thinking it was from the ornament swap on here, Shannon from PA. lol That is what happens when you do several swaps on several different boards. :) It's a sparkly red boot, with white feather trim. Inside is a candy cane & swirly suckers. It looks very pretty on our tree. Thank you for picking a unique ornament for my tree. :)

Love all the boxes!! So fun!

To update:

Secret Santa - 46 people

39 - shipped; 25 received (the received number is based of having posted receiving or your SS saying they tracked what they shipped; same for OE)

6 - late/pending

1 - no word

Ornament Exchange - 28 people

23 - shipped; 12 received

4 - late/pending

1 - no word

And we're down to 1 person I haven't heard from.....I have 8 people on the elf list. If I haven't heard from this person by the time I get home from work this evening, I'm going to send a message all the elves and see what we can figure out. Have a good Saturday!!

I got ho me from work about 20 minutes ago (3am) and had my SS box here waiting for me. Unfortunately it looks like it had been used as a ball in a game of kickball. :( I'm not sure if the glass things had been wrapped up in the plastic, or not, but the lid to the candle was broken all over everything & one the cap on one of the Bath & Body items was unscrewed & was over a few of the items. That was the bad, now for the good stuff- I got spoiled!!! I received a cute Santa mug with a packet of Peppermint Hot Cocoa, a fleece snowflake blanket, a cute little pack of Snowflake Nail Polishes, A sugar cookie Candle that smells divine!,Extra Long Blue Fuzzy Snuggle Sox- they are super soft & amazingly warm, Chocolate Sundae Hand Lotion, Bath & Body Cashmere Glow Shower Gel & Body Lotion, A Nora Roberts Book that I haven't read, and to top it off, one of my favorite candies- Reeces Pieces!! Thank you so much Lori (momlori) for being such a great ss. You did an awesome job!

I am so sorry it arrive broken. I can file a claim, just let me know

Received my package today. Loved everything. The grandson took the candy canes. I hid the chocolate covered cherries.......not sharing those.The apple towel set will go perfect in my kitchen. My favorite out of the whole box is the pink cup. Thank you SS.

Got my SS package yesterday with a most interesting variety of items... a big BBW anti-bac hand soap (gonna need that), a clip-on book light (yea!), Dreamgirls (like this movie), a package of mini foam rockets (the kids promptly started shooting them at each other), a small tote bag (which DD has already claimed for her clan), a snowflake ceramic to go coffee cup (DD has taken off with it) and another holiday themed to go cup. Thank you so much for a very thoughtful package - it will be put to good use!

Got my SS package yesterday with a most interesting variety of items... a big BBW anti-bac hand soap (gonna need that), a clip-on book light (yea!), Dreamgirls (like this movie), a package of mini foam rockets (the kids promptly started shooting them at each other), a small tote bag (which DD has already claimed for her clan), a snowflake ceramic to go coffee cup (DD has taken off with it) and another holiday themed to go cup. Thank you so much for a very thoughtful package - it will be put to good use!

YAY!!! Glad you enjoyed it!! Hope the cups weren't broke I tried to wrap them up good!!