x-box 360 if you want one

mcmahonfan

Get there extremely early people stores and I mean all stores are only gettin between 10-15 of them. I was at our Wal_mart and there is a girl already waiting in line she called the Best Buy in a neighboring city and they also have only between 10-15. So if ya want one ya better get in line like now!!! I noticed that wal-mart.com is out of them online. Just says they will be available in stores at midnight tonight. Ya must have been able to pre-order them or something at first and their initial shipment is out.

There was a thread earlier that said that xbox 360 have about 100-1000 depending on which store you shop at. If you want one for yourself then by all means run out and get one now but if your planning to resell it on ebay it won't go for as much as everyone was thinking.

There was a thread earlier that said that xbox 360 have about 100-1000 depending on which store you shop at. If you want one for yourself then by all means run out and get one now but if your planning to resell it on ebay it won't go for as much as everyone was thinking.

Not true at all the shortage is very real and after the midnight release tonight and early morning release tommorow you will see them spike in price on ebay. They are already going for $600 - $800 on ebay and they only cost $399. My EB and Game stop had to short half thier pre orders because XBOX shorted them along with all the other stores. They hae only gotten 1/2 to 3/4 of what they were originally suppose to get on release day. I think we will se A LOT of people camping out early trying to get them at midnight tonight.

Mara

Walmarts in the Nashville area have between 15-45 Xboxs in stock. I was in one this morning and the lines have already started. A friend of mine who works in the electronics department there suggested calling stores in the smaller towns outside of the Nashville metro area. He said that some of these stores are getting almost as many systems as the metro area stores, and the lines are probably smaller.

ok just spoke to the walmart here in clrksville. They will be passing out tickets to those waiting for the XBOX satrting at 10pm. They can then collect thier XBOX from the layaway department after midnight. so there is the scoop

Mara

If their are any Costco members out there....we have them !:D

Although their is a memo that we only have 100 onhand...the same goes for other stores...one per member/household :clapping:

Walmart here just told me they got 20 of each kind. Majorly short of what they expected she says

Mara

How Many Xboxes for Sale? No One's Saying

SEATTLE — It's late November and gamers, it's cold outside. But a little winter chill won't stop video game lovers from lining up at stores throughout the country in hopes of being among the first to score Microsoft Corp.'s brand new Xbox 360 when it is released Tuesday.

The question is: Will the wait pay off, or do the Xbox faithful risk going home empty-handed?

Here's the good news: Retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Best Buy Co., Circuit City Stores Inc. and Target Corp. say they plan to have consoles available at all locations on Tuesday.

What's more, retailers say they expect to get more consoles weekly leading up to Christmas, so people who don't get consoles immediately need not despair.

Here's the bad news: Most retailers won't say how many they'll have on launch day — for competitive reasons — and some locations could sell out quickly.

"There's a lot of excitement for this product," said Best Buy spokesman Jay Musolf. "Come early."

Microsoft has said it plans to sell 3 million of the new $399.99 Xbox 360 consoles worldwide within 90 days of its launch. The company said it is producing Xboxes as fast as it can.

But it has conceded that an ambitious plan to launch the console worldwide within a few weeks — rather than staggering releases over months and months, as is typical — will mean fewer consoles initially in North America.

A slimmed-down version without a detachable hard drive and wireless controller will sell for $299.99.

Apart from its high-definition graphics and gaming aptitude, the device offers users other capabilities: the ability to listen to music, view photos, watch DVDs and play electronic puzzle and card games.

"The supply problems are there in as much as the demand is unbelievable," said Peter Moore, a corporate vice president in charge of marketing for the Xbox.

But he denied production problems and dismissed "conspiracy theories," including that the company is purposefully bottlenecking supply to intensify interest.

"None of those are true whatsoever," he said.

Best Buy plans to open some stores at midnight for elaborate launch events, and all of the company's stores — including those that sold consoles at midnight — will open at 9 a.m. with consoles available.

Wal-Mart also is planning to sell consoles beginning at midnight, but only at stores that are already open 24 hours. Circuit City, Costco and Target say they will begin selling the consoles when their stores open for business at the regular time Tuesday.

Circuit City spokeswoman Amanda Tate said the retailer plans to hand out vouchers on a first-come, first-serve basis and will put a "sold out" sign up so people don't waste their time waiting. She said not to expect too many consoles at each store on launch day.

"I would like to say hundreds, but in actuality it's dozens," she said.

Costco Wholesale Corp. will have consoles available at some stores, but don't expect elaborate launch events like those planned at some Best Buy locations. Rick DeLie, Costco's vice president for toys, said he's hoping that consumers just stumble happily upon them.

"We're a treasure hunt," DeLie said. "Do we want people lining up outside our doors? No."

Amazon.com Inc. is sold out of Xbox 360s, but company spokeswoman Tracy Ogden said the online retailer expects to be able to get consoles to those who pre-ordered them relatively quickly. Ogden would not say when the company planned to again begin taking orders.

GameStop and EB Games, both units of GameStop Corp., plan to open hundreds of stores at midnight to welcome the console — but don't show up expecting to get one.

The company is only handing out actual consoles to customers who pre-ordered months ago, and spokesman Chris Olivera said even some people who pre-ordered more recently may not see a console until early January. The company hopes to sell games and other add-ons at the midnight event.

For everyone else, Olivera is recommending that perhaps they consider another system, like the first Xbox or rival Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 2, will do.

Microsoft's Moore said most people who want an Xbox 360 immediately probably already have other consoles, so he's not worried about losing business to older machines.

As for those who might be left empty-handed on launch day, he said: "The only thing I can tell those folks is that supply will continue to

There's Bill Gates on the cover of Time magazine in May, with a glowing green-and-white machine. "Inside Bill's New Xbox" it screamed.

Since then, the Xbox 360 — a sequel to Microsoft's Xbox video-game unit — has been the subject of breathless profiles, splashy television ads and Internet gossip.

The first shipments, due Tuesday, are already sold out. Analysts are calling it this year's hot holiday gift.

Don't believe the hype — and don't buy the Xbox 360.

Oh, it's an amazing console, don't get us wrong. Plugged into a high-definition television set with a booming sound system, it's amazing, a wonderland of sights and music.

But that's the part of the problem. To get the full Xbox 360 experience, you need to spend hundreds — perhaps thousands — of dollars. All that for a machine that won't play the hot games this season, like "Star Wars: Battlefront II" and "50 Cent: Bulletproof."

Save your cash, and skip the frenzy. Here are five reasons you should say "game over" to the Xbox 360:

Price — The Xbox 360 comes in two versions: the hard drive-less "core" system for $299 and the premium package for $399. But those who buy the lower-cost version are in for a surprise — they won't be able to play any of the Xbox games they already own.

"A lot of parents who go out and buy the $300 system, because they can't afford the $400 system, will have kids who aren't going to able to play 'Halo' or 'Halo 2' because backwards compatibility is going to be on the hard drive," says Brian D. Crecente, editor of kotaku.com, a gaming news blog.

Lack of games — Microsoft has announced there will be 200 backwards-compatible games (including "Forza Motorsport" and "Halo 2"), but only 19 launch titles for the 360. Only a handful are exclusives.

And popular new games, like "50 Cent: Bulletproof" and "The Warriors," won't play on the 360 at all.

Douglass Perry, editor in chief of the Xbox channel on IGN, says, "If you can wait, the second wave of games [due next year] are going to give developers the chance to really show us next-generation gaming in the truest sense."

No competition — Sure, you could rush out and drop hundreds on the 360, but we have no idea what the next-gen PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Revolution are going to be capable of doing. Both of those systems are due next year, and will surely spark a mini-price war with the Xbox 360.

Hidden costs — Right now, the Xbox 360's stunning graphics ability is its biggest selling point, but to take advantage of it, you'll need to invest in a high-definition TV — tacking on an extra couple hundred bucks, at least.

"We've all heard Microsoft basically saying that if you want to get an HDTV, the 360 is going to be the thing that makes you go out and get one," Crecente says. "Most of us dismissed that, but I swear, it's like they designed the 360 to make your TV look bad if you don't have HDTV."

And if you add peripherals, such as the ability to play games over the Internet, the Xbox 360 costs nearly $600!

Older consoles are not dead yet — Both the original Xbox and the PS2 are selling for $149, with the GameCube coming in at a mere $99 — in all cases, a complete steal compared to the Xbox 360.

You could take the money you saved and put it towards buying all the systems, plus a whole bunch of great games like "The Warriors."

Although he's a firm believer in the Xbox 360, Perry says, "If you buy a PS2 or an Xbox now, you're buying a system at the end of its lifespan, when some of the best games are showing up."

Walmarts in the Nashville area have between 15-45 Xboxs in stock. I was in one this morning and the lines have already started. A friend of mine who works in the electronics department there suggested calling stores in the smaller towns outside of the Nashville metro area. He said that some of these stores are getting almost as many systems as the metro area stores, and the lines are probably smaller.

This would be me :D They are all accounted for, Im in Winchester and Ive called all the way around us from Nashville, to Murfreesboro, Manchester, Tullahoma, Shelbyville and all small small small in between.

Its 6pm now, so if ya in our area and havent been in a line already- (In Tony Sopranos voice) Faget about it :D

Hubby up at our Walmart now in line guess Ill see him after midnight, he is stuck with a core, he wanted a premium but they only got 2 and hes 3rd in line, hes going out to find hard drive tomorrow.

I understand the spirit of Ebay, I have used it myself. But I dont like it when people take advantage and get more than 1 so they can sell. There are lots of people who want to buy one, but cant becasue some people are buying 3, 4 and 5 or more. Yes, there are idiots out there who will pay 600 for it. Thats what i dont get. I mean, if people didnt buy, there would be no market for it. So why do people pay that? It only encourages more people to buy multis to put on ebay, in turn causing more people to pay higher prices. I guess as a person who games for fun, it ieks me. I would hate to know I was the next person on the list, but someone is buying 2 or 3. And at my husbands store, anyone caught doing so promptly got thier money refunded and lost thier pre-order. That was EB Policy on the 360. And for once, I agree with EB policy.

I understand the spirit of Ebay, I have used it myself. But I dont like it when people take advantage and get more than 1 so they can sell. There are lots of people who want to buy one, but cant becasue some people are buying 3, 4 and 5 or more. Yes, there are idiots out there who will pay 600 for it. Thats what i dont get. I mean, if people didnt buy, there would be no market for it. So why do people pay that? It only encourages more people to buy multis to put on ebay, in turn causing more people to pay higher prices. I guess as a person who games for fun, it ieks me. I would hate to know I was the next person on the list, but someone is buying 2 or 3. And at my husbands store, anyone caught doing so promptly got thier money refunded and lost thier pre-order. That was EB Policy on the 360. And for once, I agree with EB policy.

I have one in my name and one in my husbands. EB hasn't given me any trouble about it. I'm seeling 2 to pay for my husbands mainly because the things are pricey. If people will pay out the nose then hey BF money for me. Supply and demand I ordered back during E3. I'm sorry not all people thought ahead.

Mara