School Holiday Parties

lakj98

I am planning the holiday parties for my two younger kids class. The only problem is, nothing can be holiday related because there are kids of a few different religions. So we are going with a winter wonderland theme. We are doing snowflake decorations and white tablecloths, plates, etc...

I am having trouble coming up with any types of games for the kids to play. Any ideas? This is for first graders and fourth graders.

Thanks.

What about Bingo? There are tons of websites where you can just plug in 25-30 words, and it will scramble them for you, and you print out Bingo cards. You could use winter themed words...coat, gloves, hat, snowflake, frosty, carrot nose, top hat, ect, and use hershey kisses for Bingo markers.

Snowball toss in buckets. Also you can toss snowballs in the mouth of a snowman.

When my sons were younger in cub scouts they played a game where you divided the room in half and split the group. You took tissues and threw them at the other team. Every tissue that was on the floor was counted after time was up and the team that had the most tissues on the floor lost.

Good luck! I have the opposite problem. I'm room mom for my kids and have to plan the parties. My boys go to a private Christian school. Nothing can be secular. It's totally fine by me, but it makes it so hard to find non secular Christmas things unless I order stuff online weeks in advance. We always do a game, a craft and the food. Our craft this year is making ornaments. That can take some time depending on what type you do if you are looking for time fillers. :)

Is there permission to do a small race? Maybe if you pushed some desks out of the way this could work...If you do this first it could get some of the major "energy" out of the kids so they could sit better to do crafts/ornaments/crosswords...

You could have a relay race where kids have to run, stop at a mark, and put on hat/mittens/scarf and a jacket, run back to another kid, undress, give it to the other student to dress up, and so on... Be sure to get a coat/hat/etc that can fit everyone involved...