The Annual Black Friday 2012 Crazy Shoppers/Stories/News Reports

stationchief

And the chaos has ensued:

The Battle of Black Friday: Mayhem as millions of shoppers punch, kick and even pull guns on each other in race to the best bargains

To sum the list on this report up:

• Cashier in Dick's store in Alaska was carried out by paramedics after fainting while shoppers completely ignored her
  • At a San Antonio mall, a shopper allegedly pulled a gun on another man who had tried to cut to the front of the line at a Sears
  • In Woodland Mall in Kentwood, Michigan, two teenagers were arrested after a brawl broke out between 15 men outside a JC Penney at 1.30am. Witnesses said pepper spray was used.
  • At a Walmart in Altamonte Springs, Florida, a lady was arrested after being disruptive in the traffic line, and allegedly bullying the officer directing vehicles.
  • In Springfield, Massachusetts, a man was arrested after he allegedly left his girlfriend's two-year-old in his car so he could by a 51 inch television from Kmart.
Among other goodies...

According to ABC news, the San Antonio incident was the result of someone trying to cut the line and actually punching someone to do it. Guy picked the wrong line.

Thank goodness for online shopping. Now if we can just keep THAT from being overrun.

lots of people coming 5 minutes before 10 thinking they could score a $179 laptop. "well the sale doesnt start until 10". just wanted to say duh we havent bought them yet. Been lined up for 6 hours though should have came then you would have scored one.

Plus several men complaining about all the people in a rude way, like we were all suppose to separate like the red sea for them. AARRRGGGG some men need to stay home.

Lots of people complaining about sizes already being gone in the sheets, "well the ad said all sizes". Yep at one time there was all sizes. Well alot more queen than any other size but I seen them all. You just had to dig.

For the record, this store did allow people to put stuff in carts way before 8 or 10. No one checked out with the stuff so technically sale didnt start until those times. Still had lines for tv, game systems and stuff like that. Signs on all stuff saying wont scan until 8 or 10.

All stores should do it that way, no fights, no one hurt. Only people who walked in at 8 or 10 wanting stuff. But face it even if we couldnt get the stuff til those times, if you just walked in at 8 you wouldnt get it anyway.

Hollister was a night mare. there were 5 teenish boys standing blocking the flow complaining about it being hot using some really really foul language. I first thought they were employees because they were all dressed in hollister but they were eventually ran off. Plus saw a person bring stuff to someone in line and a girl watching the line told her that wasnt allowed, WOO HOO. I loved that. OK normally I would think that is so smart but the line was wrapped all the way around store and if everyone else had to shop then get in line everyone should, right.

Got almost everything I wanted except footloose. But sales arent over yet.

At our Walmart they started arguing over the towels and sheets about an hour and half before the sale even started..lol. So, a deputy sheriff had to go over there and stand guard..when the sale started an employee handed the towels and sheets out. Each person was allowed two towels and one sheet set...

They did this because last year someone pulled a knife.

lots of people coming 5 minutes before 10 thinking they could score a $179 laptop. "well the sale doesnt start until 10". just wanted to say duh we havent bought them yet. Been lined up for 6 hours though should have came then you would have scored one.

LOL...I ran into someone having the opposite problem. Lady turned up early to guarantee her sewing machine (which they grossly over ordered at my store) and then argued with store reps about why she has to wait until start of sale time to pick up/check out.

It never ceases to amaze me how stuff around these parts always turns into "this would never happen in" insert Cuba or whatever other country these people came from. Every time it takes everything in me to not respond "why don't you go back if it was so great". I guess the grass is always greener on the other side for some people?

I'm 1st generation American and every BF for whatever reason (probably the abundance of deals) my mom recalls the story of her first trip to a 7-11 and it always brings tears to my eyes. Her uncle (who'd arrived a few months earlier since he served in the US army) took her+sisters to 7-11 and told them they could pick whatever they wanted. My youngest aunt took one candy bar and innocently asked him if when they came back the next day there would still be candy left for her to LOOK at and he broke down in tears.

I think it was a year or two ago that I was told our local Walmart set the pallets or door busters up near the end of the aisles in the grocery section and the lines for the items were stretched down the aisle. They blocked off the aisle behind the pallet. They knew how many items were on the pallet and limited the line for each door buster to the number of items available. Everyone in line was calm as they knew they were going to get one. I wasn't there but was I told the experience was very organized and well managed.

I think it was a year or two ago that I was told our local Walmart set the pallets or door busters up near the end of the aisles in the grocery section and the lines for the items were stretched down the aisle. They blocked off the aisle behind the pallet. They knew how many items were on the pallet and limited the line for each door buster to the number of items available. Everyone in line was calm as they knew they were going to get one. I wasn't there but was I told the experience was very organized and well managed.

this is how ours was done...was good...except being in frozen food aisle....I just see a digorno pizza and start to chatter now after that VERY cold 5 hrs LOL

I would like to add one. I had read this somewhere where they had a translation from the original article and the woman was in China

A woman decide to visit a relative and have her baby here in USA .She has finish visiting relatives and had her baby and was about to leave . Her relatives told her that she is one week away from the crazies shopping day in USA where you can get things really cheap. So at the last moments she postponed her trip and begain planning. Now, here is the crazy part. This is a true story.

Apprantly she really likes the quality of things made in US . She went on a crazy Black Friday shopping trip . She bought baby milk powder, clothing , strollers... Basically, she plan and bought everything her baby will need up to when he or she would turn to 5 years old. I KID u not. :eyepoppin . I saw the article and my parents also saw the article. Now, how was she suppose to ship back ? The reporter had interviewed asked her. She say beside buying all the things her baby would need up to 5 years old, she also buy stuff for her husband and gifts for a slew of relatives/friends. So, she rented a oversea container to ship the whole thing back. LOL. And, one last thing she told the reporter was when that baby turn 5 , she will come back with he/she and shop some more.

I recon we just need to learn no matter what some of us will never be satisfied on how stuff is ran. And places and people will always be compared to other places and people.

I just know that no matter how rude some shoppers were, the employees at walmart were the most helpful I have ever seen this year. I was asked repeatedly can I help you find anything. Maybe I looked like a shoplifter, lol..

LOL...I ran into someone having the opposite problem. Lady turned up early to guarantee her sewing machine (which they grossly over ordered at my store) and then argued with store reps about why she has to wait until start of sale time to pick up/check out.

It never ceases to amaze me how stuff around these parts always turns into "this would never happen in" insert Cuba or whatever other country these people came from. Every time it takes everything in me to not respond "why don't you go back if it was so great". I guess the grass is always greener on the other side for some people?

I'm 1st generation American and every BF for whatever reason (probably the abundance of deals) my mom recalls the story of her first trip to a 7-11 and it always brings tears to my eyes. Her uncle (who'd arrived a few months earlier since he served in the US army) took her+sisters to 7-11 and told them they could pick whatever they wanted. My youngest aunt took one candy bar and innocently asked him if when they came back the next day there would still be candy left for her to LOOK at and he broke down in tears.