Official One-and-Only "What I Got" & "My Black Friday Experience" Thread

Brad

Stopped into a WM in a small town near where we live and couldn't believe how dead it was. Managed to pick up a ton of the doorbuster movies & the Assassin's Creed game I needed but didn't want to wait for last night.

They still had a lot of the doorbuster electronics.

Here is what I got.

BB

2 - Toshiba 40'

3 - Insignia 26' 99.99

20 - Blu Ray DVDs

BBW

50 hand soaps

Free Bag

10 candles that smell like snow

HPB

28 cook books

7 Books on the history of Hollywood

Godaddy.com

10 years of Ultimate Hosting for $500.00

On Monday I will shop at Vistaprint for some GREAT deals on stuff for my business.

The bank that processes my employers payroll deposits messed up and I didn't get paid today.

They are one of the biggest employers in the area and this effects a large number of people in my area.

That really sucks. Having worked in payroll for a lot of years, for the few holidays that fall mid-week all payroll has to be transferred for processing 1 day earlier than normal to account for the mid-week holiday. Ours usually has to be transferred by noon on Wednesday (our bank rules probably) to get our direct deposits done Friday morning. This week it had to be done by noon on Tuesday.

We headed back to ours around 8am for a second go around and it was dead then. If there were 25 people, aside from workers, in there total that was a lot. Tons of the doorbusters still left, including those darn phones that msn has the video of the mayhem that broke out over them.

Here is what I got.

BB

2 - Toshiba 40'

3 - Insignia 26' 99.99

20 - Blu Ray DVDs

BBW

50 hand soaps

Free Bag

10 candles that smell like snow

HPB

28 cook books

7 Books on the history of Hollywood

Godaddy.com

10 years of Ultimate Hosting for $500.00

On Monday I will shop at Vistaprint for some GREAT deals on stuff for my business.

What are you going to do with 28 cookbooks? Are they all different ones?

Made another round of shopping trips this am. My husband went with me for the first time, he said he would go again. :) My mom and sister were also able to go, they didn't think they would be able to so that was good. The time was split up between them, he dropped me off when they ere ready to start at 5am.

Ventured out to a mall an hour away for the Microsoft Store, and got a Surface and the free sleeve and 50% off 2nd keyboard case. That was the most important thing on our Christmas list, so glad to have that crossed off! The mall was not crowded at all, very glad we did that. Also go me some some undies at VS. :)

Poinsettias at Home Depot, then BBW where I caved and got the bag. :) No lines in there, first time ever, even on a normal day!

Kohls, no line when we got there, 8-10 when we checked out. Got towels for my daughter, so glad I went into the store for these so I could feel them. Also got a memory foam rug. Then on to Ulta and got her a Naked Palette. So she is close to being done.

So overall, a very successful shopping day/week. At least for 2 of my kids. The other one, not much for him yet.

Thanks Brad for the great site to help me score the deals! :)

Walmart:

Nabi Tablet-$ 129.00

PJ pants-$

Genie Bra-$ 6.00

mini ball set for $ 10.00

2 flannel shirts-$ 6.00 each

Basketball goal (picked up for my parents. This is what they got our kids for Christmas) $99.00

Despicable Me (DVD)-$ 5.00

2 small bottles cologne for the boys $3.00 each. Not on sale though.

Big Lots:

bean bag-$ 10.00

headphones-$ 6.00

tablet case-$ 6.00

Target:

New Tinkerbell Movie (can't remember name of it)

Edited by starbeck96
added more

Walmart:

3 rubbermaid container sets (so I can throw all my old stained containers away) - $6.92 ea. They had a bunch.

Sentry fire safe - $99. They only had 8 and I didn't think I would get one but after grabbing the Rubbermaid, cruised down the line and there were two still on the floor. Had to get a guy to pick it up and put it in my cart because it was big and heavy. Luckily, when I was heading out to my car, there was a WM associate helping someone else load something and he put this safe in the car for me. I think I would still be struggling to lift it lol.

Brother sewing machine - $49. Didn't think I would get one of these either since they only had a dozen but after getting the safe, kept cruising toward the back and there were a couple still there so....

Since the safe had to go in the back seat, I ended up heading home to drop it off and then head back for the 10PM stuff. Inquired about the line for the $78 TV and was told they were maxed out on people in line so headed to the $38 blu ray line, got that and a pack of batteries. Took a little longer to check out but was home by 11PM, since I had to work today.

Very orderly at my WM. They had blocked access so lines could be defined. Lots of workers; all lanes pretty much opened. And they still had quite of bit of 8PM stuff when I left at 11PM.

After seeing the video of a WM somewhere else where people went crazy over the smart phones, I believe it is better to have employees hand out the items instead of putting the pallet out there and having people tearing at it to get something. They did this with the more wanted items like the TVs and DVD players at my WM. They had a line, people filed by and each person got what they wanted. No bum rushing, pushing, shoving, etc.

Got 2 of the 4.99 nerf guns at Walgreens yesterday and ordered BIg Bang Theory season 5 from Best Buy (it's already shipped btw). Oh and proved to my family that energy shots and caffeine don't keep me up, in fact nice warm coffee and I was ready for bed so they left the door open to the patio so I was so cold but able to stay awake for my black friday duties for Brad....

As I'm reading this thread I'm trying to remember everything I bought it started Monday so it's been a few days but ill try

Monday BB premier silver event got the 26" tv 2 of the 349. Hp desktops 4 Nabi 2

Then scored on amazon the Lenovo laptop and a toshiba laptop and a soft serve ice cream maker. On Tuesday I scored the tv for 147 on wensday got the 65" Vizio from sams only to have it be cancelled without telling me found out from someone on these boards. Also got 2 of the 399 toshiba another nabi 2 then Thursday early am headed to cvs for some of the freebies and made my way to Walmart by 5 at the first of 4 walmarts I was at I got a lot of the mini appliances we are gonna use them in gift bags for teachers. A regular crockpot the 60" vizio some light up girls slippers a Cinderella princess toy an imagination station rocket and some sd cards. Checked out 2x once at 8 and once at 10 wasn't bad at all still had tons of time till mall opened so went to another Walmart a block away. Wanted to pm the Sandisk Cruzer that tru had for 4.99 they didn't have but picked up this streaming thing for my bil who doesn't have cable and going another nabi sitting there. This store has so much stuff left it was crazy but not as much as the next Walmart we went to. Anyways at this point my little sis who was with me wAnted to go home cause she had school today she goes to a private school and get no vacation. So I took her home and went to my house to have my hubby unload the tv cause didn't want all that sitting in car. Then went to office max got the galaxy tab 2 10 inch and a wireless keyboard and mouse. Then to 5 below for a phone case my little sis wanted. Went home for about 1/2 hour then went to a 3rd Walmart where I found the 19$ printer and a 288 laptop that no one had wanted. From there I went to the mall but didn't get anything then to target where I got some books and met my mom at kohls where we got some more toys for the kids. From there I went home and as soon as I walked in the door my dad called he was at a totally different Walmart and they had a 60" vizio there should he get it I was like up to u this was at 2 this afternoon couldn't believe they still had all this stuff so he got it then I got some shredders from staples online as well as a kitchen aid from kohls.com and a set of rachael ray pots from target. Whew I think I'm almost done. My hubby has 23 nieces and nephews and I have a bunch of little siblings so we need lots of gifts.

Mine started off horrible with Kmart - Got better with Walmart / Target / Belks and other mall stores / Then got worse with Kmart :

My letter to Sears Holdings :

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to let you know about my Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday experience with the Kmart store on Wade Hampton Blvd in Greenville, SC. Let start off by stating that I have attended all of Kmart’s Thanksgiving Day sales and Black Friday sales for about 12 years now. This year I am truly beside myself. I will start with the Thanksgiving Day sale. The Thanksgiving Day sales started at 6am this year. I was in line at 2:15am and number 16th in line. It was about 34 degrees, but yet we persevered despite the frigid tempers and pushed forward for the door buster sales. By about 4:30am there were about 400 people in line that was stretching the entire length of the building. Around 5:30am the sales associate and assistant manager came out side to assist the lines and started to pass out the tickets for the door buster items. They passed out “8” tickets and then brought out a table and placed all of the tickets on the table. They did not instruct the crowd nor allowed the people that stood faithfully in line for hours the opportunity to get the tickets for the deals they stood in line for. Instead they allowed the people from the very back of the line to rush up and the people that were just getting out of their cars to take the tickets off the tables and leave me and the other “VALUED CUSTOMERS” without anything. I spoke to the manager Ms. Shirley and all she could do was apologizing, but could not offer any resolution to the matter. So I and a lot of other people that camped out in front of the store received none of the items that we rightfully should have had. This was very hurtful and dangerous as a mini riot almost broke out to get the tickets and in response to not getting a ticket after standing in line for hours just to be treated in this manner.

After all of the above I still decided to go back out for the Black Friday 5am sale that Kmart had. I was already out shopping for the other sales around town and still working on just a few hours of sleep that I got the day before since I was in line for the Thanksgiving Day sales at your store as well. So I mustered the energy to be in line at 2am again. This time I am “1st “in line and waited patiently as I wanted the 52” RCA LED TV for $399 that was listed in your ad. I waited in 30 degree tempers yet again. Around 4:25 two sales associates came out asking if everyone was signed up for shop your way card and letting everyone know that some deals would require you join to get the price. About 4:35 another guy came out (one of the ones that set the tickets on the table the day before) and was asking what everyone was in line for. I told him I was in line for the TV. He went back in and came back and was telling everyone that there merchandise was in stock, but he told me that the TV ( THE ONE THAT IS LISTED IN THE AD ) was not there and that NO ( NOT ONE ) Kmart store had received this item. I was at a loss for words. 2 Days in a row I sat in the COLD for nothing. 2 days in a row I lost sleep. I passed on 2 other offers for TV’s because I was going to get this one in Kmart. I asked one of the girls that were doing the shop your way sign up if I could speak to the manager. She went to get one only to come back and tell me ( in front of everyone) That “ the manager on duty ( Jerome ) said that “ He was not coming out right now because it was too cold “. My mouth dropped. Everyone in the line had a response to this. The other girl that was with her said “he did not say that de he”. She replied “yes he did” and she said NO that is not good and went to get him herself. He never came out and I never spoke to him. Ms. Shirley came in about 20 minutes later and I spoke to her and expressed my displeasure about the ongoing issues I was having with Kmart. She apologized and said that she would look into the matter and call me with the possibility that the item would come in and I would be able to purchase it at that same rate. I am sorry but that is not good enough for me. I sat in line twice in the freezing cold for what? I was not offered a comparable substitution – even though you had 55” TV’s sitting right there in electronics. There was no notification that the ad item was not available at all – ALL WEEK. That’s blatant FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. As I explained to the store manager that if there was a misprint in your ad you are quick to put up a note in the front entrance, on the door, by the item and on the counter at customer service. There was countless ways this could and should have been handled but the failure was never addressed and this was common knowledge that this item did not and was not going to arrive as promised in the ads. Despite the issue with the tickets for your Thanksgiving Day sale I still spent over $300 at your store that day. I am inclined to take it all back at this point. I am looking for a swift answer on why this failure was never addressed to the public and what is going to be done to rectify this situation and compensation for my time and distress in these matters. I will also be forwarding this letter to the BBB, SC Attorney General’s office and the local news. I am highly upset and offended about this entire situation.

Mine started off horrible with Kmart - Got better with Walmart / Target / Belks and other mall stores / Then got worse with Kmart :

My letter to Sears Holdings :

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to let you know about my Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday experience with the Kmart store on Wade Hampton Blvd in Greenville, SC. Let start off by stating that I have attended all of Kmarts Thanksgiving Day sales and Black Friday sales for about 12 years now. This year I am truly beside myself. I will start with the Thanksgiving Day sale. The Thanksgiving Day sales started at 6am this year. I was in line at 2:15am and number 16th in line. It was about 34 degrees, but yet we persevered despite the frigid tempers and pushed forward for the door buster sales. By about 4:30am there were about 400 people in line that was stretching the entire length of the building. Around 5:30am the sales associate and assistant manager came out side to assist the lines and started to pass out the tickets for the door buster items. They passed out 8 tickets and then brought out a table and placed all of the tickets on the table. They did not instruct the crowd nor allowed the people that stood faithfully in line for hours the opportunity to get the tickets for the deals they stood in line for. Instead they allowed the people from the very back of the line to rush up and the people that were just getting out of their cars to take the tickets off the tables and leave me and the other VALUED CUSTOMERS without anything. I spoke to the manager Ms. Shirley and all she could do was apologizing, but could not offer any resolution to the matter. So I and a lot of other people that camped out in front of the store received none of the items that we rightfully should have had. This was very hurtful and dangerous as a mini riot almost broke out to get the tickets and in response to not getting a ticket after standing in line for hours just to be treated in this manner.

After all of the above I still decided to go back out for the Black Friday 5am sale that Kmart had. I was already out shopping for the other sales around town and still working on just a few hours of sleep that I got the day before since I was in line for the Thanksgiving Day sales at your store as well. So I mustered the energy to be in line at 2am again. This time I am 1st in line and waited patiently as I wanted the 52 RCA LED TV for $399 that was listed in your ad. I waited in 30 degree tempers yet again. Around 4:25 two sales associates came out asking if everyone was signed up for shop your way card and letting everyone know that some deals would require you join to get the price. About 4:35 another guy came out (one of the ones that set the tickets on the table the day before) and was asking what everyone was in line for. I told him I was in line for the TV. He went back in and came back and was telling everyone that there merchandise was in stock, but he told me that the TV ( THE ONE THAT IS LISTED IN THE AD ) was not there and that NO ( NOT ONE ) Kmart store had received this item. I was at a loss for words. 2 Days in a row I sat in the COLD for nothing. 2 days in a row I lost sleep. I passed on 2 other offers for TVs because I was going to get this one in Kmart. I asked one of the girls that were doing the shop your way sign up if I could speak to the manager. She went to get one only to come back and tell me ( in front of everyone) That the manager on duty ( Jerome ) said that He was not coming out right now because it was too cold . My mouth dropped. Everyone in the line had a response to this. The other girl that was with her said he did not say that de he. She replied yes he did and she said NO that is not good and went to get him herself. He never came out and I never spoke to him. Ms. Shirley came in about 20 minutes later and I spoke to her and expressed my displeasure about the ongoing issues I was having with Kmart. She apologized and said that she would look into the matter and call me with the possibility that the item would come in and I would be able to purchase it at that same rate. I am sorry but that is not good enough for me. I sat in line twice in the freezing cold for what? I was not offered a comparable substitution even though you had 55 TVs sitting right there in electronics. There was no notification that the ad item was not available at all ALL WEEK. Thats blatant FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. As I explained to the store manager that if there was a misprint in your ad you are quick to put up a note in the front entrance, on the door, by the item and on the counter at customer service. There was countless ways this could and should have been handled but the failure was never addressed and this was common knowledge that this item did not and was not going to arrive as promised in the ads. Despite the issue with the tickets for your Thanksgiving Day sale I still spent over $300 at your store that day. I am inclined to take it all back at this point. I am looking for a swift answer on why this failure was never addressed to the public and what is going to be done to rectify this situation and compensation for my time and distress in these matters. I will also be forwarding this letter to the BBB, SC Attorney Generals office and the local news. I am highly upset and offended about this entire situation.

Seriously?

The bank that processes my employers payroll deposits messed up and I didn't get paid today.

They are one of the biggest employers in the area and this effects a large number of people in my area.

I decided not to shop last night and checked my account before going out this morning. I transferred the money I needed so will go out after work. I may miss some things I could have gotten this morning, but I'll still pick up a few things. I didn't go this morning because I wanted to wait and make sure things were going to get resolved before I spent the money. No word yet on exactly when I will get my money, just that it's being resolved and they are sorry.

I feel really bad for the people who didn't have a buffer in savings. I'm guessing this royally screwed up a number of peoples black friday.

That really sucks. Having worked in payroll for a lot of years, for the few holidays that fall mid-week all payroll has to be transferred for processing 1 day earlier than normal to account for the mid-week holiday. Ours usually has to be transferred by noon on Wednesday (our bank rules probably) to get our direct deposits done Friday morning. This week it had to be done by noon on Tuesday.

Not sure what exactly happened. Our company payroll let us know via email that the issue was their banks error. The bank would cover fees for those who were charged any. They gave a list of banks that would be able to show our checks tomorrow morning. The rest would show up Monday morning. Plus gave contact information for employees for whom the missing checks caused an emergency situation.

We luckily have saving that covered my bills coming out and allowed me to still go shopping, once I'd confirmed that I'll have my check tomorrow morning.

So on that note, I got:

Xbox360 from Best Buy (online)

Roku from Best Buy (online)

Microwave from Sears (online)

PJs from Children's Place

A few movies from Walmart

A suitcase from Walmart

A kinect from Game Stop

A few tv series from Sam's Club

Chocolates from Menards

A movies from Target

A controller at Best Buy

More movies at Best Buy

The only things I missed out on were a couple of projection alarm clocks from Menards and the DVD/Blue Ray combo pack of Brave. I did have to go to 2 different Walmarts to find the suitcase. So, all together not so bad considering I didn't make it out shopping until this afternoon. Of course my list was pretty short and there wasn't anything in high demand on it.

I am super excited!!!! I got to Michael's about 2:30 today looking for the scrap booking rolley carts with the 10 colored drawers. I knew it was highly unlikely for them to have any. They had a few of the 6 drawer white ones, but after lots of deliberation with dh I decided that I really needed the 10 colored drawers. I am trying to desperately organize my 7 year old's extensive art supply collection. Just for the heck of it I asked. They said they had about 10 of them last night and sold out in the first 30 minutes. However, another clerk who was standing there said she thought she saw some in the back. They went to look and low and behold 2 organizers!!! I just had to buy both especially when they rang up at 29.99. I am going to label one and fill it full of new craft supplies for dd's birthday and the other one will be labeled and used to store all her other "girl" toys that seem multiply all over her room. I got other typical Black Friday stuff (Bath and Body Works, pajamas, Bass Pro Shops, Walmart, Target) but the drawers just made my day!!!!

I live in California and Amazon recently started charging CA residents state taxes + CA electronics recycling fee which now makes them as expensive as lot of their competitors. However I found B&HPhoto (BHPhotoVideo.com) does not charge CA state tax/fees and they have free shipping. Today I bought an iPod Touch 64GB and Mac mini from them for lowest prices I could find online. FYI, all the prices below are totals including S&H (all free today), CA taxes/fees (if applicable), any black friday discounts. I used Google's price compare to find who had these devices for lowest price and went thru checkout to see what taxes and extra cost they added.

. Apple 64GB iPod touch 5th Gen (bhphotovideo.com = $369 )

(apple.com = $391, amazon = $421, bestbuy = $428)

. Apple Mac mini (bhphotovideo.com = $790, included free copy of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac)

(abt.com = $799, amazon = $840, macmall.com = $840, apple.com = $872)

Looks like BHPhotoVideo.com has replaced Amazon as my favorite online site to shop for electronics.

Didn't need much this year, but here goes.

Thursday...scored DD29's new laptop from Office Depot online (the $399 Toshiba).

Had the 65" Vizio from Sams in my cart before they got slammed. However, didn't go through with it. Couldn't bring myself to part with that $1000.

Headed to Walmart for the 8:00 madness. Got the fire safe and 4 BluRays (bluray selection was rather lacking this year).

Got to Target about 9:15. They were "metering" people into the store and with the line around the building said forget it.

Friday....Outside at midnight at Dick's. Got 600 rounds of ammo (buy 1 get 1 half off) to get ready for the zombie apocalypse.

Home and bed at 1:15

Up at 5:15 and headed to Sams. Scored 2 of the hardsided luggage sets. Not the same shopping sams without free breakfast or grazing.

Petsmart. 4 buckets of kitty litter. When you have 4 cats, a real necessity

Back to Target. Both the crowd and the goods were pretty much gone.

Best Buy. Same as Target.

So...overall got what I wanted (or needed) again.

I want to thank you for this awesome site - this was my 3rd year using it for my shopping.

Best Buy - I never shopped at Best Buy during BF sales and never will again. I stayed up until 2 am Thursday watching the Best Buy Lenovo laptop. At about 1:30 the price switched, and at 2am they posted it is an 'in store only' item. Prior to that it said 'coming soon.' They could have posted like Walmart did that the laptop deal was in store only, instead of having people on line at 2 am trying to buy something that never was available. :mad:

So I went to plan B and set my alarm for 6 am for the Office Max laptop - $249 with additional $50 purchase. I was able to get this deal, and also bought 2 ink cartridges to make the $50 - turns out the on line deal didn't require the extra $50 purchase, but it was too late. I had already bought it. Later I saw the Tday ad and it said the computer was instore only, so I call this a success since I was able to get it on line.

I also bought some stuff at Amazon late Thursday, and would buy more but don't want to have to buy $50 more for free shipping. I got some online stuff at Kohls today. Kohls site was down for awhile last night. I haven't set foot in a single store.

I really wanted some of the Michaels and Joanne deals but did not feel like venturing out, even for the great deals they advertised.

I was very disappointed with Dell's sale; they should have had a deal like Walmart and Best Buy, or at least something under $300. They were sold out of their $299 door buster online the entire week prior to BF. So despite being a former loyal Dell customer, their prices couldn't get me to buy this time.

Edited by myboysnme

Had a very successful Black Friday!

I woke up Thursday morning to put the turkey in the oven, and just for kicks and giggles, checked the Target site to see if any of the big items I wanted were available online at the BF price. (I'd seen on GD that the Target items had gone on sale much earlier that morning so didn't expect much.) Amazingly, the GPS and the Nikon camera were still available, and it was free shipping for both items! I ordered those before I had a chance to second guess, and was so relieved to have my 2 "big" items crossed off my list!

A bit later I looked at Target again, and the Nintendo 3DS my SIL (aka, my shopping partner) wanted was available as well. I ordered that, and she too was relieved since that was only her real "must-have" item.

Went to Walgreens, got an ihome alarm clock, and a couple of the small Christmas inflatables.

After Thanksgiving dinner my SIL and I used to lay out the ads, look through them and determine our lists and game plan. This year that didn't really happen because of the earlier opening times, so we rushed through some of the bigger ads so she could bring her kids home and come back to meet me to go out.

Got to WM around 6:30, already busy, but not unmanageable. An hour later it was packed, but they had caution tape set up to keep the lines orderly.

Got everything on our lists! Picked up the Battleship, Brave, and Snow White and the Huntsman Blu Rays; Epic Mickey 2 and Madden 13 games; Monster High dolls; Shark Steam Mop; Drawing studio kit; Hello Kitty pop up game; coloring castle and rubbermaid containers.

Got out of there around 8:30, went down the street to Target and the line was already around the building! Waited in the car until opening looking over the ad again. Took about 10 minutes to get in once the doors opened, and it was a madhouse, especially over by electronics/toys! Luckily they had everything we needed around the same general area. Bought 2 scooters (the last ones!), Mark of Athena book, Brave DS game, Farberware pots and pans set, Black and Decker blenders, The Lucky One dvd, ELF eyeshadow palette, and the Hedbanz game. I wanted the Crayola twistables set, but they were gone and people were waiting for the associate to bring more. We wanted to get out of that crazy store so I decided I didn't need it that badly. While we were waiting in line, right next to us on the endcap was an abandoned one, so I ended up with that too!

Headed over to Kmart; they always have the worst setup for lines and their associates (at that store) never seem to be in a hurry to get people through the lines.

Picked up some pajamas, socks, screenhouse, Uno Roboto, and Craftsman drill. Took FOREVER to get out of there. After that we stopped at McDonalds to get a couple of drinks and the drive through guy told us it would be a 20 minute wait. *sigh* Told him nevermind, got out of line, and decided to go in. They only had 3 people working, it was a madhouse! Chilled out there for a bit looking through some of the ads.

Decided to stop by TRU to see if it was worth it. Got in there and there were NO lines. I was shocked! At this point it was about 1:30. Got everything we wanted there except the My Little Pony set, which wasn't a big deal. Got a couple of the Inkoos, Tinkerbell fairy set, and the Polly Pocket roller coaster.

Since we were over there, stopped at Walmart over on that side of town, it was also deserted! It was so much nicer being able to look at things without having a crowd of people around. Even the folks waiting for the 5AM items were few and far between. Picked up a pair of $4 sweatpants, a sweatshirt, and jewelry designer set, and after that we were done and headed home for our warm beds!

My mom, sister and niece and I went to our local store with no list in mind, just a chance to waste time until the next store opened four hours later. We figured we would meander and maybe find something before we hit the mall (open all night) and then hit the next store on our list.

What a joke. We watched as the long line of people who had waited entered the store, then we went in. Three of us found something we loved and within twenty minutes we began searching for the checkout. We began at the checkout and followed the line through the store back to the front of the store, meandering our way through the entire store again, searching for the end of the line! The line streched through the store almost to the front doors!

No surprise, you have to wait in line for alot of things on Black Friday, right? But Big Surprise! If you fill out their Credit Ap, you can go straight to the front of the line, bypass all of those holiday shoppers with glee as you spit in the face of those people you just spent time in line with, waiting in the cold and eagerly anticipating those holiday bargains. And management turns this into a feeding frenzy!

We spent less than half an hour shopping and more than TWO HOURS waiting in line to check out. This is a new Kohls in our area and my family's first in this store. Needless to say, this is our LAST TIME AT KOHLS!!!

Got to one on the other side of town at 4 a.m. I made the comment to DD17 (her first BF) that the parking lot was pretty empty. We walked right in, and could not believe my luck when I found that daggone gel memory foam mattress topper I've been trying to get for 2 years!

The shelf tag (no sale signs) said $98xx but I was sure it was the one in the ad for $29.88. I had daughter scan it and it rang up on sale! YIPPEE

Then I found the $36 Eureeka vacuum and the $19 printer (neither are for my household). Ran through the other sections and found lots of pallets/boxes that had plenty of things left.I ended up buying 2 pairs of men's jeans,the $6 Genie bra,and a few small things.

WM was my first stop and it was a good start to a GREAT BF!