Official One-and-Only "What I Got" & "My Black Friday Experience" Thread

Brad

So far online - I've shopped Kohls, Target, Walmart, Amazon and New Egg. Waiting up for Staples tonight. In store did Kmart (semi-succesful, struck out on 1 item), Walgreens, CVS and Rite-Aid. (Was annoyed that I couldn't redeem the register rewards at Rite-Aid today). Walmart in store was a bust, very disorganized. Tomorrow, will hit the quiet mall for Gymboree/Gap and Shoprite for a deal on pizza. (Why Shoprite has a 2 day sale on Ellios Pizza, Shampoo, 3 toys and some other random things I don't get, not a single electronic item this year!)

Here's what I got from Monday thru 11/26/12....

From Amazon:

"The Lorax" Blu-Ray Combo Pack - $8.96

"The Adventures of Tintin" Blu-Ray Combo Pack - $8.96

(I missed "Brave" today, but I will try again Monday)(GOT IT for $8.96 on 11/26/12)

Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player - $74.99

From Best Buy (online):

PNY Attache 32GB USB Flash Drive - $12.99

Sandisk Mobile Ultra 16GB MicroSDHC Class 6 Memory Card - $9.99

Sandisk Mobile Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 6 Memory Card - $17.99

Just Dance 3 for Wii - $7.99

From Walmart (in-store):

1 Emerson 40" HDTV - $198:D

2 Beautyrest Down Alternative Gel Pillows @ $4.88 each

1 Better Homes & Gardens 700-Thread Count Sheet Set - $19.96

1 Danskin Now 1/4 Zip Performance Pullover - $6

2 Faded Glory Velour Sets @ $10 each

1 Genie Bra - $6

2 Cotton Inc Bath Towels @ $1.48 each

From Walmart (online):

1 Nintendo Wii Bundle (w/2 games) - $99

Edited by crhoward
Added date...added items

Strolled into Walmart at 7:45 pm. Proceeded to go and grab all of the items that we wanted (mostly 10 pm items) right when we got there and then just waited around until they let us check out at just before 10. Everyone (shoppers and employees) was polite and well-behaved as usual.

Got:

-Nikon 16 MP camera $69

-Camera bag $5

-Men's pj pants $6

-2 laptop sleeve/wireless mouse combo packs $18/each

-Boost mobile cell phone $39

-Hunger Games 2 disc DVD $12(?)

-16 gb SD card for camera $9

Aaaaannnnd, that's gonna be it for BF this year. Leaving for Orlando Saturday and need to save extra $$ for the trip. ;)

Just got home for the night. Did Family Dollar this morning and got quite a few toys on their buy one get one 70% off. Took 4 transactions, but got it done. I just finished Walmart and it went well. I got evrything I came for. I was second in line for "electronics-not TVs". It was a bit crazy, but went fast. For my first ever BF at Walmart I was shocked it was so tame considering the horror stories I have heard. lol I hope to go to a few stores in the morning.

CVS - I got most of Sunday's freebies and all of Thursday's.

Best Buy online - ordered a 129.99 Nabi2. I'm so glad BB offered this! I was all over Walmart and didn't see them anywhere.

Office Max online - ordered the 2 desks that we wanted to get last week. Waiting a few days saved us $100.

Target online - toys and movies.

Walmart - 3 storage benches, monster high dolls, movies.

Sears - clothes and SD cards.

Target - gloves, games, movies.

I got to Target around 12:00 and it had been picked almost completely clean. Employees were picking up the leftovers scraps and taking down displays. I still managed to get what I came for.

Sears was not very busy by 9:30. I did get the worlds slowest cashier, so it took a while.

Walmart. Ohhhhh Walmart. That store is something else! I arrived about 7:40, found the storage benches, and loaded 3 of them into a cart I found nearby. I tried to make my way to the toy section for Monster High dolls but got stuck behind a woman who got refused to fight her way through the crowd. She just stood there waiting for someone to let her move. By the time I was able to squeeze past her and find the pallet, the dolls were gone. That was at 7:52 pm. I wanted to check out the movies but I was not going to be able to get near them with my cart so I started for the checkout. It was almost 8:00 so I found a safe side aisle to park myself when they released the goods. Right next to me was a woman with a few items, a coat, and a baby in the basket of her cart. The baby was probably less than 1 year old and not restrained in any way. I watched the madness for a bit, then I noticed that the mother was in the mix! She left her baby in the cart and was about 20 ft away digging through a bin! The baby started to stand up in the cart and I was almost ready to grab her when the Dad appeared. He saw what was going on and he looked just as shocked as I was. I don't have a problem with parents taking kids with on BF, but it needs to be done responsibly.

On a positive note: after I took the big benches out to the car I ws able to find a few movies and I even found few Monster High. Dolls up a above the rest of the regular toys.

Walmart

7 Piece Bedding Set (Queen - Red/Brown)

3 sets of the 700 TC Sheet's (2 in store, 1 online)

Cookie My Playful Pup

16GB SD Card

2 Pairs of Jogging Pants

Various PJ/Clothing Sets for toddler DD (online)

Target

2 Memory Foam Pillows

Not a very big BF for me this year but got pretty much exactly what I was looking for!

Update to mine:

This is what I already had....

• $99 Insignia 26" TV ordered during BB's Silver Premier event. Order places on Monday and it arrived yesterday.
  • Two $9.99 Logitech mice (not shipped yet)
  • Two sets of Skullcandy earbuds for $9.99 each. (not shipped yet) I get this deal every year because my wife and son go through these things like crazy
  • Dead Island for XBOX 360 for $7.99 (not shipped yet)
  • Iron Man 2 and Wraith of the Titans on blu-ray for $3.99 each. (On backorder)

Yesterday I snagged....

• Two Garmin 40LM's for $89.99 each from amazon
  • PS3 Infamous bundle for $199 from amazon
  • XBOX Live 3 month card for $10 from amazon
  • Toshiba 17" laptop for $399 from bestbuy.com
  • Two pieces of jewelry from bluesteel.com for 75% off

And actually got brave and went to Wal-Mart last night in between the 8 and 10 deals and got Iron Man on blu-ray for $3.96 and two pairs of jeans for $9.50 each. Made it in and out of the store in 45 minutes. Was trying to get two copies of Borderlands 2 XBOX but would have had to wait in a 50+ person line to pick them up behind the counter. Passed.

And just finished it out s few minutes ago with the Killzone 3/PS3 controller bundle from bestbuy.com for $39.99. Was sold out most of the day yesterday. Also snagged a 16GB SanDisk SD card for $9.99. Getting close to being completely done.

Edited by Monstermile

Went back out to be at Penney's opening for 6am. Got in and got 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of pajama pants. They didn't have the $5 scarfs. There was a lady yelling at the associate. I guess they waited until 6am to open the exterior doors but opened the mall entrance at about 5:45am and the associate said people were running to those and grabbed them by the handful. They weren't make or break, but I do wish stores would honor opening and sale times.

Went through the rest of the mall, and it was deserted. I was through the entire mall within an hour. I walked up to registers in every store and felt like I was alone in most places.

Headed to Office Max- got the Logitech wireless keyboard $14.99 and the d-link router $17.99 for my dad (his place is small). Went and did another walk through Walmart- got the 5 pc candle set for $4 something I missed the night before. Back home within 3 hours, enough time left to order hoodies from Cabelas for $24.99 and now I'm off to bed to catch some more sleep.

My list was short this year, but I got what I wanted. Arrived at my Target last night around 8:20 p.m. Line was long, but not as long as I thought it might be (maybe 300 when I joined the line), so I decided to go ahead and wait. Crowd was in a good mood (turkey after-effect? lol) and I chatted with a couple college gals in line behind me. Target employees walked the line, passed out store maps, answered questions, and handed out some mini Clif bars to snack on. Tickets for some of the electronics were passed out at 8:30.

Doors opened promptly at 9 and the store was well organized with employees stationed at regular intervals throughout the areas to help folks find things and keep us on the right path. I easily found the Shark steam mop ($49) I went in for, then cut back up through the DVD area and found the first 2 seasons of The Walking Dead on DVD for my best friend ($8 Season 1, $20 Season 2). Browsed a little more, then headed for the checkout. Line was basically non-existent, was directed immediately to an open register. Total time in Target: 15 minutes, max.

Intended to stay up and catch the midnight start of the 6PM.com sale, but passed out early. Woke up at 5 this morning with my alarm, realized I'd missed the sale start, immediately went to the website to check out what was still available. I was on the hunt for some new Skechers and found 2 pairs. One was $30, other was $42, used the 10% off code successfully, checked out for $64.80. :g_thumbri

Left home a bit after 6 to head to PetSmart. Feline furkids needed a new kitty tree. Small crowd (about 8 of us) was assembled with 5 minutes to go before 7 a.m. opening. When the doors opened, we all mock-rushed the door, having a little fun with the employees, who got a kick out of our "stampede". :D Good times! Got the kitty tree I wanted ($64) and a pail of the ever-necessary cat litter ($8.99/35 lbs), considered some kitty holiday wear (thought better of it - I like my face not clawed off! LOL), and checked right out. :gdcat:

So... About $225 later, I am DONE! Only thing left on my list for today is an hour-long shift ringing the Salvation Army bell at noon. If you're in the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area, stop by and see me at the KMart on Washtenaw! Bring money! :g_laughin

We got to Walmart about 7pm for the 8pm sale. We got a Udraw for $10. Left and went to Target where we were wrapped around the back of the store. A security guard was counting us at one point, and we were 89th in line. Got a 32 in TV, towels, games, video games, and left paying just under $267.00. We wanted the iPod touch 4th generation deal, but didn't feel like standing in line for it. The line for checkout was wrapped from the checkouts, all the way around the store, to the actual part where you could check out. I honestly think I spent less time in that line that I do on a normal Tuesday at Walmart, lol.

Went to Rue 21 and Old Navy. Lines were too long, and after watching for a moment, it didn't really look like any of them were moving. We left to go get something to eat and bring our big purchases home. While eating, I ordered my oldest daughter a used iPhone 4s from Sprint for $45. Left McDonalds, went to Target where it was DEAD, walked right up to the electronics counter and got our iPod Touch deal that we wanted earlier. Went to best buy (but I was OVER it by now.... it was 1:00am at this point). We didn't get anything from Best Buy, so we went to Walmart to get the pet beds (which, our walmart only had the small ones, not the bigger ones) and we found the last Forenza Horizon game (or whatever it's called). The ad had it for $15, normally a $59 game. We got that and came home. I was in bed with my feet up by 2:30. :)

Went back out to be at Penney's opening for 6am. Got in and got 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of pajama pants. They didn't have the $5 scarfs. There was a lady yelling at the associate. I guess they waited until 6am to open the exterior doors but opened the mall entrance at about 5:45am and the associate said people were running to those and grabbed them by the handful. They weren't make or break, but I do wish stores would honor opening and sale times.

Went through the rest of the mall, and it was deserted. I was through the entire mall within an hour. I walked up to registers in every store and felt like I was alone in most places.

Headed to Office Max- got the Logitech wireless keyboard $14.99 and the d-link router $17.99 for my dad (his place is small). Went and did another walk through Walmart- got the 5 pc candle set for $4 something I missed the night before. Back home within 3 hours, enough time left to order hoodies from Cabelas for $24.99 and now I'm off to bed to catch some more sleep.

Don't be too upset that you didn't get any of those scarves. They were okay, but we had one for barely 20 minutes before it got a snag and a hole in it. Boooooo.

I had a pretty successful Black Friday once again. My strategy of getting the hard to get items online and going to the store after the crowds dissipate worked out great.

Amazon:

TinTin Blu Ray - $8.96

Brave Blu Ray Combo Pack - $8.96

Target Online:

Duplo Deluxe Train Set - $75.00

Programmable Coffee Maker - $19.00

Walking Dead Season 1 - $8.00

Sears:

Christmas Travel Mugs (work gifts) - $3.49

Walmart:

Paula Deen 23 Piece Cookware Set (Blue) - $99.00

Mens T-Shirts - $8

Mens Boxer Briefs - $8

Smurfs Christmas Carol DVD - $1.96

The Lucky One DVD - $1.96

Unstoppable DVD - $1.96

Unknown DVD - $1.96

Scooby Doo Music of the Vampire - $1.96

Silly Storytime - $1.96

We Bought a Zoo Blu Ray- $8.96

Happy Feet Two Blu Ray- $7.96

Various Disney Story Books (make great gifts for kids) - $5.00

Gamestop:

Pre-owned Kinect with Kinect Adventures (included free 1 year protection plan) - $39.99

Got everything I was after and some additional impulse buys. I have to admit I am most excited about the Smurfs Christmas Carol movie and the Paula Deen Cookware. Hope I am not disappointed. I arrived at the stores around 7AM and they were empty. I could take my time and shop in peace without having to fight over anything or feel rushed. Perfect morning.

Funny story: We were riding home last night from Thanksgiving Dinner and stopped to get gas. As DH is pumping, a car full of women ask us for directions to the mall and Walmart. I'm like really, you are out going Black Friday shopping and don't know how to get to the store. Thought it was pretty funny.

Now for round 2. My DS, 3 yrs old has been asking all morning to go to Target. My kind of kid. :)

I git my big big big must have the $99 Nikon at Target online, $15 Great Skin doorbuster at Philosophy.com a $40 value though if you bought each iterm in it indivudally it would be around $90 so that was a steal. In store stuff at Kohls I got some kids pj's. two pairs of cuddle duds new pajamas one for me one for my cousin for Christmas, a shirt for my dad for Christmas, and a bra lol, Target I scored Twilight for $4 for my cousins birthday present which she will get at Christmas a week before and Eat Pray Love for $4 for me and Macys a $169 coat for $69. And mom just went back to Kohls for a second round because she forgot her coupons the first time (luckily I had mine lol)

I had a pretty successful Black Friday once again. My strategy of getting the hard to get items online and going to the store after the crowds dissipate worked out great.

Amazon:

TinTin Blu Ray - $8.96

Brave Blu Ray Combo Pack - $8.96

Target Online:

Duplo Deluxe Train Set - $75.00

Programmable Coffee Maker - $19.00

Walking Dead Season 1 - $8.00

Sears:

Christmas Travel Mugs (work gifts) - $3.49

Walmart:

Paula Deen 23 Piece Cookware Set (Blue) - $99.00

Mens T-Shirts - $8

Mens Boxer Briefs - $8

Smurfs Christmas Carol DVD - $1.96

The Lucky One DVD - $1.96

Unstoppable DVD - $1.96

Unknown DVD - $1.96

Scooby Doo Music of the Vampire - $1.96

Silly Storytime - $1.96

We Bought a Zoo Blu Ray- $8.96

Happy Feet Two Blu Ray- $7.96

Various Disney Story Books (make great gifts for kids) - $5.00

Gamestop:

Pre-owned Kinect with Kinect Adventures (included free 1 year protection plan) - $39.99

Got everything I was after and some additional impulse buys. I have to admit I am most excited about the Smurfs Christmas Carol movie and the Paula Deen Cookware. Hope I am not disappointed. I arrived at the stores around 7AM and they were empty. I could take my time and shop in peace without having to fight over anything or feel rushed. Perfect morning.

Funny story: We were riding home last night from Thanksgiving Dinner and stopped to get gas. As DH is pumping, a car full of women ask us for directions to the mall and Walmart. I'm like really, you are out going Black Friday shopping and don't know how to get to the store. Thought it was pretty funny.

Now for round 2. My DS, 3 yrs old has been asking all morning to go to Target. My kind of kid. :)

Walking Dead mustve been an online only deal I searched the tv dvds high and low in store and didnt see it

target I got the flannel sheets for 16.00... The Sonic DS game for 10.00, a flash drive card for 10.00 . Some sleep pants for everyone in family each 10.00 I see a pattern there LOl Spent enough to get 10.00 target gift card

Kohls. I got some shirts, and some odds and ends stuff. I spent like 80 dollars so got 15 in Kohls cash

Walgreens. I got 3 of the 30 pack of I tunes since I got each boy an apple TV so I got 30.00 in Walgreen gift cards which I turned around and used one to buy 3 Ihome ear phones for their Iphones ..

I will be going back to walgreens to spend the other 20 but not sure on what yet

Going to CVS later to pick up my son so I have things to get there as well. I got most of my stuff bought for Christmas. My days of camping out are over until I get some grandchildren LOL

Oh forgot also got the Cars 2 VReader cartirdge for 10 bucks at Big lots that was the most painless store I went to I was in and out 5 minutes there was maybe 10 people ahead of me no one in checkout with me it was great. Did just hear the Kohls lines to checkout are wrapped clear to the middle of the store and actually meet up here. They had to extend our doorbusters till 3 so people in line would have time to checkout. My jaw was on the floor at this since at 8 am it was just like any normal day at Kohls...

Just got back after just a 2 hour trip out to pick up a few things. Left at about 10:45am and only went to Target and Joanns. Got the Pyrex 20pc food storage set for $18 and a few stocking stuffers. Joanns I picked up a jewelry tree for a friend for only $5.50 (regularly $14.99).

Was also interested in the kids headphones at Target, but electronics area you really could not move in. The rest of the store was just like a normal day, lines were quick, easy in and out.

Joanns was about the same, long line but moved quick...and they came through the line handing out candy to us waiting in line. :D

Oh and also placed a great order at Entirelypets.com for my dogs before I left the house. Got like 5-6 things for $25.00 when probably only would have been able to get 1-2 items for that price at Petco/Petsmart.

Left it at that since I had to be home to work but still plenty to do.

The bank that processes my employers payroll deposits messed up and I didn't get paid today.

They are one of the biggest employers in the area and this effects a large number of people in my area.

I decided not to shop last night and checked my account before going out this morning. I transferred the money I needed so will go out after work. I may miss some things I could have gotten this morning, but I'll still pick up a few things. I didn't go this morning because I wanted to wait and make sure things were going to get resolved before I spent the money. No word yet on exactly when I will get my money, just that it's being resolved and they are sorry.

I feel really bad for the people who didn't have a buffer in savings. I'm guessing this royally screwed up a number of peoples black friday.

The bank that processes my employers payroll deposits messed up and I didn't get paid today.

They are one of the biggest employers in the area and this effects a large number of people in my area.

I decided not to shop last night and checked my account before going out this morning. I transferred the money I needed so will go out after work. I may miss some things I could have gotten this morning, but I'll still pick up a few things. I didn't go this morning because I wanted to wait and make sure things were going to get resolved before I spent the money. No word yet on exactly when I will get my money, just that it's being resolved and they are sorry.

I feel really bad for the people who didn't have a buffer in savings. I'm guessing this royally screwed up a number of peoples black friday.

Sorry to hear that. You still have chances to get great deals oon Cyber Monday and also a month to go. There will still be sales.