What stores do you plan to shop this Black Friday? Check all that apply!

mcwalker

What stores do you plan to shop this Black Friday (or Thanksgiving) either in person or online? Check all that apply in the survey! :)

This is the third year I have done this poll. There will be a couple more polls to follow soon.

Edited by mcwalker

So far with 18 "voters":

Walmart is leading with almost everyone planning to visit Wmart, followed by Amazon.com, then Target, then Best Buy.

Looking at last year's poll, which finished with 125 "voters" and is located here, this is a big gain for Amazon and Kmart, right on target for Best Buy and Target, and a bit of a gain for Walmart. JC Penney, which underwent a change in approach reflected in its BF ad, is currently down from 26.4% last year to 16.7% so far this year.

Those of you who have not chimed in, keep those "votes" coming as you figure out your shopping plans.

Well, now with 85 votes:

Walmart still leads, but Target has caught up to tie with Amazon.com. K-Mart is making a good showing, slightly ahead of Best Buy.

JC Penney is still showing a big drop compared to last year for our group. JC Penney expected to loose some customers while improving bottom line with their new approach, but I wonder whether they will be reexamining their approach after this season's results are in. (I hope so, but I do want them to make enough money to stick around--it used to be my favorite department store.)

Interesting to me that K-Mart is leading sister Sears. But that's just me.

Of course, this is just for our little group of BF diehards.

Hollister, Aeropostale, Walmart (As of last night added to my list for a TV), Amazon(Buying 1 TV BUT will be buying 2 if I can't get the other one from Walmart). My list is MUCH smaller this year because we are doing a Disney trip as a family gift. Only doing TV's because son will be leaving for college this summer and his flat screen tv died and daughter's TV is an old tiny set we have had forever.