Best Buy LINE ALREADY FORMING NOW...

cireafan

This is why the BF deals have declined over the years - the rubes will line up anyway, so why should the stores cut prices drastically when they can get the suckers with very little discounting. It reminds me of when my local Circuit City liquidated. They brought in a liquidation company which changed all the price stickers to reflect higher prices, and then gave 10% off that. They actually had a line out the door and around the building full of people who fell for the "liquidation" deals which were actually higher than the regular prices had been the week before!

I still see this practice at Kmart all the time. 70%-80% off jewelry that was sometimes $500 and $600 before. I never believed that and always figured that they would jack the priced up to take the "discounts" off the higher price. I like lining up for BF too, but a week early is too much.

Now if they were doing a promotion where they were actually giving away free stuff to like the first 200 ppl....well....thats another story.

I don't see a problem with people lining up extra early. I mean, I think it's crazy and I wouldn't do it but if thier crazy enough to do it then go for it. It's not hurting anyone. And if people think it's causing them to miss out on a deal, well then get your butts up and go get in line.

Went on a scout trip to Best Buy last night, and there were 7 PEOPLE lined up already, with 3 more joining them. Mind you this is outside, and while it's now snowing here yet, our temps are dropping into the 20s at night. I left the store beyond sad - I mean there's no chance for someone like me with a family, job, and health issues to get any deals if they're letting people just camp out now. My daughter goes "mom are you still going to be able to get my tablet?" Ugh! Overtime, here I come!!! :(

Went on a scout trip to Best Buy last night, and there were 7 PEOPLE lined up already, with 3 more joining them. Mind you this is outside, and while it's now snowing here yet, our temps are dropping into the 20s at night. I left the store beyond sad - I mean there's no chance for someone like me with a family, job, and health issues to get any deals if they're letting people just camp out now. My daughter goes "mom are you still going to be able to get my tablet?" Ugh! Overtime, here I come!!! :(

I am still thinking some of the line-ups may be for the Wii-U that comes out today. I am willing to bet that some of them disappear after the release today. :yup:

Now any lines last night also could have been the Wii U which just came out this morning

WTH?!

A store near my brothers house (Pembroke Pines, FL) has 2 tents set up. Apparently they set up tents, leave during the day and come back and sleep at night? I'm not a camper but you bet I'd take their tents to the end of the line if I were. LINK

Im getting in line tomorrow morning. We work as a team of 4 at different Best Buys to ensure we get what we want.

I am getting very worried. I can't get in line until after work Wednesday night, 10pm, and its starting to look as though 26 hours ahead of time won't be enough. Must be nice not having to go to work! How can they even afford to buy anything? Do you guys think ill be there early enough to get any of he doorbusters I want (2 laptops, tablet, and also somevideo games). I called my local store to ask when the line formed last year and they wouldn't touch my question with a 10 foot pole. I don't want to wait 26 hours for nothing, not to mention risking losing out on my second store because I was tied up at Best Buy not even getting the stuff.

I am getting very worried. I can't get in line until after work Wednesday night' date=' 10pm, and its starting to look as though 26 hours ahead of time won't be enough. Must be nice not having to go to work! How can they even afford to buy anything? Do you guys think ill be there early enough to get any of he doorbusters I want (2 laptops, tablet, and also somevideo games). I called my local store to ask when the line formed last year and they wouldn't touch my question with a 10 foot pole. I don't want to wait 26 hours for nothing, not to mention risking losing out on my second store because I was tied up at Best Buy not even getting the stuff.

Well here's the thing, there is something called vacation time and we like to use it. So don't start judging people that you "think" don't have a job when there prolly do or they wouldn't be forking over money on stuff they don't need.

I am getting very worried. I can't get in line until after work Wednesday night' date=' 10pm, and its starting to look as though 26 hours ahead of time won't be enough. Must be nice not having to go to work! How can they even afford to buy anything? Do you guys think ill be there early enough to get any of he doorbusters I want (2 laptops, tablet, and also somevideo games). I called my local store to ask when the line formed last year and they wouldn't touch my question with a 10 foot pole. I don't want to wait 26 hours for nothing, not to mention risking losing out on my second store because I was tied up at Best Buy not even getting the stuff.

I have a great job... I work for myself, therefore I have time. 26 hours wont be enough in my opinion.

Well here's the thing, there is something called vacation time and we like to use it. So don't start judging people that you "think" don't have a job when there prolly do or they wouldn't be forking over money on stuff they don't need.

If you we're willing to use your vacation time I am not judging and in fact you deserve to receive the products you are after. But I guarantee not everyone camping has a job, and some people even plan to "take turns" holding a spot in line with other people which I don't think should be allowed when there are others waiting in line in the cold for days on end. I admire your dedication and am not judging you at all. I am giving up time and a half pay Thursday and Thanksgiving with my family but that doesn't compare. So I hope you get everything you are lining up for. But I don't think I should have to wait in the cold or give up what I am for nothing either, so I'm wondering if 20 are already in line should I go someplace else?

By the way, if anyone in my line intends to "take turns" or hold places for some warm, toasty, rested person to show at the end I will be reporting them to the store!

I apologize if you took offense. You were not one of the people I was talking about.

I'm not judging those who work and choose to use vacation time. I'd love a job with vacation time, but I don't have that luxury - or sick time for that matter. I don't work, I don't get paid. But at least I have a job so won't complain too much :) But the guys I saw in line at this one were college students/young looking so they're more than likely on mom and dad's dime, and that does bother me. The placeholder concept bothers me too, because someone shouldn't hold a spot for multiple people (which happened to me one year at Walmart - lady was holding a spot for 10 friends).

So I'll just hope for the best online, and have a Plan A, Plan B, Plan C....Plan Z...or just wing it :)

I use all my vacation going to NASCAR races (laugh if you want), so I take my chances with some of the BF stuff. Thankfully, I'm rarely after the stuff everybody else wants, so I don't actually have to camp out at BB or elsewhere. Might be changing this year, though. I'm due for an upgrade on my phone and that Samsung GS3 is looking mighty tempting... :g_think: