Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

If you really REALLY want something I'd say at least 3-4 hours ahead of time. I live in a town of about 11,000 people and still have to show up that early if there is something I am determined to get. I'm not sure how hot of an item the Nabi is, but it is the best price in all the ads so far so I'd play it safe and show up early. I think the ads say tickets are given 2 hours in advance, but every Wal-Mart does their own thing so there is really no telling.

Last year I was in the store grabbing things and had my niece at home ordering the video games online through walmart. I would think they would do the same thing again this year.

Great! I wasn't sure if video games would be the same online or not. :) Hey just a heads up, Kmart has some of those $15 WM Wii games for that price today. I grabbed Paper Mario.

:holiday10 I want multiple items--looks like this will be FIRST and main stop...especially want that 24 inch tv for my son's room, sure I could get a 32 inch somewhere for less than 100, but because of his room size/the stand we really need 22, 24 or 26 inch.

Gonna have to try for BB items online...

BIG :gdthankyou: TO BRAD for your hard work.

I would not hold my breath for WM to price match b/c the xbox w/kinect bundle is online. WM doesn't even price match walmart.com but you could go ahead and ask a manager because you never know. (GET THEIR NAME!!!!)

I noticed that Target has the Xbox 360 w/kinect for 199.00 also. These are in stock at my Walmart, if they don't take them off the shelf before :) I know our Walmart will PM Target because I've done it for the last 2 years.

my daughter is 12 also, i was thinking about the Nabi but the price is making me lean towards the kindle fire just because there is so much more to do on it than the Nabi will ever have.

I think for a 12 year old I would also go with the kindle fire. I think she is really too old for the Nabi. I am getting one for my 6 year old daughter.

What age group is the Nabi 2 directed at. I have a DS 12 who really wants a tablet this year, we've just got very little money to play with.

I probably would not get the Nabi 2. I think 12 is too old for it. I would probably look into getting the Kindle Fire since you can get one for 159.00. This is probably what I am going to get my 14 year old boys.

***Delivery Questions Answered***

I work for Walmart as a manager...I've noticed a few comments about the delivery quote in the BF Ad. The delivery program is a service offered by National Electronics Warranties through Walmart. This service is not well known and it's something that the company wanted to publicize this year. Basically, near the TV section they have all these "product care plans" offered by NEW. One of the services, besides warranties that NEW offers is a delivery and setup service. This is not free, it's a paid service, through NEW, not Walmart.

Thanks for the positive response to our ad this year, if you have any questions don't hesitate to direct them my way...

going to be one of the brave souls that has to find out WTH the guarentee in stock thing is.....i see a post with "@&*$" in my post-BF future

The in-stock guarantee is on three hot items. I believe it's on the first page of the ad. It's on the iPad deal, the $38 Blu-Ray player deal, and the $148 TV. Here is how it works:

If you are in line for one of these items (I believe they're on the 10pm sale page), and the store RUNS OUT of the item you're in line for (the three items only), the store will give you an opportunity to purchase a "One Hour Guarantee" gift redemption card. The card will be loaded for the amount of the item plus applicable taxes. Then, you take that card home with you. You log on to Walmart.com, register the card, and Walmart.com will deliver that item to your home store before Christmas, GUARANTEED. You have to be in line for the item, or ask for a "One Hour Guarantee" gift card before 11pm. After 11pm, the cards will not handed out, hence the "One Hour Guarantee".

So, say you're in line for the iPad deal. The iPad runs out prior to 11pm. Those in line for the iPad that did not get the iPad, will have the opportunity to purchase the One Hour card up until 11pm. Purchase the card, take the card home, register it online, and your iPad will be shipped to your home store.

Hope that clears some questions up.

my fear was they mean 1 line so you will have 700 people in 1 line and of course they will only be able to process a 1/10 of that in an hour....call me a pessimist but WM BF gimmicks have burned me before. Trying to devils advocate to see where/how this could go to decide if its an acceptable risk...hee hee sounds like I am planning an invasion vs a shopping trip

I was told (now I will get clarification for you) during a two hour meeting today that all you had to was be in line. So if 11pm hits, and you were in line PRIOR to 11pm you'll get a card. The card process will go quickly IF an item runs out, because the logistics of it is just handing out the cards. From what I gathered, they don't plan on running out, but it's a backup plan in case they do. My guess is they've been working with the suppliers of the three items on the guarantee to build up production and stock of these items for some time. As far as obtaining multiple cards/items, let me get an answer for you and get back to you.

I think for a 12 year old I would also go with the kindle fire. I think she is really too old for the Nabi. I am getting one for my 6 year old daughter.

I probably would not get the Nabi 2. I think 12 is too old for it. I would probably look into getting the Kindle Fire since you can get one for 159.00. This is probably what I am going to get my 14 year old boys.

Planning on Nabi2 for DD3. Agree 12 is probably bit old.

ITA with this...I was considering getting one for my 7 yo, but the problem is in two years, when I think he's old enough for a regular tablet, I'll feel like I wasted $129, so I think we're jumping to a regular tablet even at 7...

There will be individual lines for the three items on the guarantee. And from what it looks like, they're not going to be doing what they've done in the past on these items. For instance doing something dumb and only sending 5 of each item to the stores. My feeling is they're going to have plenty, I mean PLENTY, of the guaranteed items on hand.

I'm not kidding-that is my FAVORITE bra!

I just bought one last week for $10 at WM and will get a few more for $6.

Sad thing i was serious when i posted that.I dont own one but really want to.I cant stand wires.lmao.all my friends crack up when i say i want one.Tired of spending $40 plus bucks to keep my girls up.They r tired.They really wanna droop in style.lol

I'm going to do my best to be at the front end. No WAY am I going to be stuck in a corner guarding pallets of this stuff lol. The small appliances either; I saw those vids from last year!

Whats even funnier is at end of day if you troll the store near the checkout lines all that crap is piled there because ppl realized.lol

I noticed that Target has the Xbox 360 w/kinect for 199.00 also. These are in stock at my Walmart, if they don't take them off the shelf before :) I know our Walmart will PM Target because I've done it for the last 2 years.

WM will price match another B&M store (as long as it is considered to be a local competitor) but WM doesn't price match online ads. However, as I said, it never hurts to ask! Good luck!

***Delivery Questions Answered***

I work for Walmart as a manager...I've noticed a few comments about the delivery quote in the BF Ad. The delivery program is a service offered by National Electronics Warranties through Walmart. This service is not well known and it's something that the company wanted to publicize this year. Basically, near the TV section they have all these "product care plans" offered by NEW. One of the services, besides warranties that NEW offers is a delivery and setup service. This is not free, it's a paid service, through NEW, not Walmart.

Thanks for the positive response to our ad this year, if you have any questions don't hesitate to direct them my way...

TY! This is what my assistant manager was telling me today. I had no idea WM offered that service. It is my understanding that this service is good for anything; bikes, furniture, electronics, etc, is that correct?