Kmart Thanksgiving Day and 3-Day Sale Ad Posted

Brad

Frustrated with Kmart.com. I have a few things added to the cart but can't view the cart or check out. One thing on my list this year is the DSi and they have it cheapest for Black Friday. I did an online chat and it took forever for the person to understand what problem I was having. Then they just quit responding. Ugh. I'm hoping Amazon will lower their price.

I was going to get to Kmart around 2-3am on thanksgiving. Hoping to get the 32" tv for $97 dollars wonder if that's early enough?????

I was thinking about going around that time with my DH, I hope its not to late...PS he dosen't even want to go, but we need to TV's so he has no choice

Brad sorry if this does not belong here :

I think that Kmart just got over on us. I think they are pulling the 52" RCA LED for $399. I check my ad this morning and it was on m local ad. I looked on there site and it is no where to be found. Am I missing something or did they pull one on me ?

-------------------------------------

I am going to check on this. This looks like it might just be a local thing. My brother has it in his ad but I do not.

Edited by jesusluvu
maybe posted to soon

I was going to get to Kmart around 2-3am on thanksgiving. Hoping to get the 32" tv for $97 dollars wonder if that's early enough?????

My hubby and my brother are going after the tvs. Thier leaving at 12:00. My brother called our Kmart and talked to someone he knows and she told him they only had 10 of the $97 tvs.

Just got home from Kmart. They had 9 of the $97.00 TVs. I was 16 in line. By the time People came out of their cars and said they were holding my spot I was almost 30. Wasn't very happy. Now I hae to find another place to get tvs.

thats just ridiculous to only have 8-10 items that they know people are going to stand in line for all night. They should advertise the amount they have and not let people wait in their cars if a line forms behind them and get out right before they open the doors. No wonder there are fights and police have to waste their time policing the lines. That's just asking for trouble, if I stood in line for hours too and then right before they opened the doors, you bet they'd be a fight. It's the point of the matter! But then again, that's why I wouldn't even bother. Everyone needs to boycott these hot item sales you know they are only going to have a few, and it just gets worse every year.

oh and btw, I did go to my kmart, arriving just has they opened the doors. I wasn't going for the electronic products though, I'm not that crazy! I over heard the security guard out front saying trouble broke out at another nearby kmart and he was worried about the security guard that was assigned there. Some of those people after that crap are f'ing crazy and will pull out a gun and shoot ya in a heart beat....just not worth it. My time and life is worth much more than the few bucks you will save if you do get lucky enough to get one of the ten.....jmho

Just got back from my Kmart with the video game I was after! Woo! I wasn't sure i'd make it out because I've been sidelined by a health issue this week. Got Borderlands 2 for $34.99 plus I had a $15 coupon so I paid $21.19 after tax!!! That's a savings of $40!!! I'm so pumped! My little brother wants this game so bad!

:g_clap: Good deal!

Just got back from my Kmart with the video game I was after! Woo! I wasn't sure i'd make it out because I've been sidelined by a health issue this week. Got Borderlands 2 for $34.99 plus I had a $15 coupon so I paid $21.19 after tax!!! That's a savings of $40!!! I'm so pumped! My little brother wants this game so bad!

Check out my story :

My letter to Sears Holdings

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to let you know about my Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday experience with the Kmart store on Wade Hampton Blvd in Greenville, SC. Let start off by stating that I have attended all of Kmart’s Thanksgiving Day sales and Black Friday sales for about 12 years now. This year I am truly beside myself. I will start with the Thanksgiving Day sale. The Thanksgiving Day sales started at 6am this year. I was in line at 2:15am and number 16th in line. It was about 34 degrees, but yet we persevered despite the frigid tempers and pushed forward for the door buster sales. By about 4:30am there were about 400 people in line that was stretching the entire length of the building. Around 5:30am the sales associate and assistant manager came out side to assist the lines and started to pass out the tickets for the door buster items. They passed out “8” tickets and then brought out a table and placed all of the tickets on the table. They did not instruct the crowd nor allowed the people that stood faithfully in line for hours the opportunity to get the tickets for the deals they stood in line for. Instead they allowed the people from the very back of the line to rush up and the people that were just getting out of their cars to take the tickets off the tables and leave me and the other “VALUED CUSTOMERS” without anything. I spoke to the manager Ms. Shirley and all she could do was apologizing, but could not offer any resolution to the matter. So I and a lot of other people that camped out in front of the store received none of the items that we rightfully should have had. This was very hurtful and dangerous as a mini riot almost broke out to get the tickets and in response to not getting a ticket after standing in line for hours just to be treated in this manner.

After all of the above I still decided to go back out for the Black Friday 5am sale that Kmart had. I was already out shopping for the other sales around town and still working on just a few hours of sleep that I got the day before since I was in line for the Thanksgiving Day sales at your store as well. So I mustered the energy to be in line at 2am again. This time I am “1st “in line and waited patiently as I wanted the 52” RCA LED TV for $399 that was listed in your ad. I waited in 30 degree tempers yet again. Around 4:25 two sales associates came out asking if everyone was signed up for shop your way card and letting everyone know that some deals would require you join to get the price. About 4:35 another guy came out (one of the ones that set the tickets on the table the day before) and was asking what everyone was in line for. I told him I was in line for the TV. He went back in and came back and was telling everyone that there merchandise was in stock, but he told me that the TV ( THE ONE THAT IS LISTED IN THE AD ) was not there and that NO ( NOT ONE ) Kmart store had received this item. I was at a loss for words. 2 Days in a row I sat in the COLD for nothing. 2 days in a row I lost sleep. I passed on 2 other offers for TV’s because I was going to get this one in Kmart. I asked one of the girls that were doing the shop your way sign up if I could speak to the manager. She went to get one only to come back and tell me ( in front of everyone) That “ the manager on duty ( Jerome ) said that “ He was not coming out right now because it was too cold “. My mouth dropped. Everyone in the line had a response to this. The other girl that was with her said “he did not say that de he”. She replied “yes he did” and she said NO that is not good and went to get him herself. He never came out and I never spoke to him. Ms. Shirley came in about 20 minutes later and I spoke to her and expressed my displeasure about the ongoing issues I was having with Kmart. She apologized and said that she would look into the matter and call me with the possibility that the item would come in and I would be able to purchase it at that same rate. I am sorry but that is not good enough for me. I sat in line twice in the freezing cold for what? I was not offered a comparable substitution – even though you had 55” TV’s sitting right there in electronics. There was no notification that the ad item was not available at all – ALL WEEK. That’s blatant FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. As I explained to the store manager that if there was a misprint in your ad you are quick to put up a note in the front entrance, on the door, by the item and on the counter at customer service. There was countless ways this could and should have been handled but the failure was never addressed and this was common knowledge that this item did not and was not going to arrive as promised in the ads. Despite the issue with the tickets for your Thanksgiving Day sale I still spent over $300 at your store that day. I am inclined to take it all back at this point. I am looking for a swift answer on why this failure was never addressed to the public and what is going to be done to rectify this situation and compensation for my time and distress in these matters. I will also be forwarding this letter to the BBB, SC Attorney General’s office and the local news. I am highly upset and offended about this entire situation.

kmart BF can be disastrous...luckily in my case years ago it was a stupid mp3 player and I only waited 20-30 minutes outside and another 20-30 inside while they figured out the thing hadn't arrived and substituted something else. It seems ludicrous that they wouldn't offer a substitution but I wouldn't expect too much from them.

I ordered the Password Journal and case of Play-Doh online for in-store pickup yesterday. The Password Journal was the best price @ $14.99 and DD8 really wants it so I went with KMart for this item. The case of Play-Doh was a dollar more than Meijer but I wasn't sure I could get some (they actually had tons) and Meijer had the PJ for $18.99.

While I was at Meijer,I kept checking my email on my phone to see if my Kmart order had been cancelled and I saw nothing so I didn't get the PJ at Meijer but I sure should have!

I got home after shopping all day and saw that my order was ready to be picked up. I went to Kmart at 2 p.m. and it was still pretty busy but I went to the Layaway counter to pick up my order when they informed me the PJ was sold out. :mad:

I asked for a raincheck and the clerk told me that it was a limited quantity and no rainchecks were being issued. I explained that I was already at Meijer,had the chance to purchase the item but had not received a cancellation from KMart so I declined to get it at Meijer.

I asked to speak to a manager. After a few minutes,Dennis (mgr) came back there, was informed of the situation and quickly offered to issue a raincheck. It took about 30 mins to get the situation resolved. There was another guy back there with a similar situation but they couldn't give him a raincheck for some reason. He was not a happy customer. I wasn't either,really. I am assuming they will have the PJ in before Christmas (I think they carry it all the time) or I will NOT be happy and will be firing off a letter like a pp did.

Not having enough items on hand, not knowing your inventory and overselling items is really inexcusable in the computer age.

Oh,the raincheck was written on a scrap piece of paper but I made sure I had all info on there (the first one they gave me didn't have the price stated!).

Really bad way to do business,imo.

This was my response from Kmart.

Thank you for contacting Kmart.com! We are sorry to hear about your

experience during our Doorbuster promotion at your local Kmart.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Thanksgiving Day and Black

Friday weekend sales, we are not able to guarantee customers product

availability on limited quantity promotional items.

We understand your time is valuable! Your feedback is greatly

appreciated and allows us to incorporate into future events to ensure

you have a better experience the next time you shop with us.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. We hope that

you will continue to make Kmart your choice for future purchases

throughout the holiday season.

We thank you for choosing Sears and appreciate the opportunity to assist

you. We look forward to seeing you in our Sears store soon.

Sincerely,

Monica W.

Sears Holdings Corporation