Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Dedicated Hosting Deals

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Aug 24, 2004 - 4:38 pm

I used to use the hosting company these guys acquired back in the day.

Not to long ago they got themselves into the dedicated hosting biz.

http://www.dedicated...php?loc=servers

#2 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 24, 2004 - 7:03 pm

Good question. A few questions for you: 1) What's your monthly budget (including or not including server management)? 2) Do you have a preference of control panel? 3) Any preference on data center? 4) What are the minimum server specs you're looking for? 5) Do you want fully managed or semi-managed?

#3 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Aug 25, 2004 - 6:07 am

1) I would like to keep around $500 for the year to start. I figure this is a good starting point. 2) I would prefer not to use plesk. Other than that I am open. 3) I would definitly want redundant ISP connectivity. 4) Specs. I need to be able to host sites that will be mainly php sites with SQL connectivity. I don't forsee any of these sites driving overly large amounts of traffic. 5) Either or is ok by me. Although at this stage semi-managed probably would be better. I have several linux gurus an IM away.

#4 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 25, 2004 - 7:17 am

If you are ok with 10GB disk space and 200GB bandwidth per month, I have a suggestion which is managed and only $49/mo.

#5 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Aug 25, 2004 - 8:03 am

It's a smidge high in price :(. What are the hardware specs on the servers? Although its a dedicated box right? Not just resellers? actually just PM me and we'll discuss.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users