What do YOU want for Christmas this year?

faceofboe

My husband and I dont usually trade gifts. About 5 years ago we started taking the money we normally spend on each other and buy gifts for kids from the giving tree at our church. I would rather put a smile on a childs face as there is not much we really need.

However, right now I do want a new "mother" necklace. He bought me one for mothers day a few years ago with all of the kids birthstones. However, the necklace is tangled and it is now missing the last baby's birthstone so I want a new one. I will probably end up buying it myself. I also want a new coach purse. My mom knows that so her and my brother will probably both get me gifts cards for the coach store and I will pay the difference.

I look around at a few (fortunately) people I know, and read posts on here and on my Face book and see how people need or want things they desperately need like jobs or they ask for the ability to afford even a few gifts for their kids or to help their nieces and nephews to have a "good" holiday. I am humbled by you all.

For now, at least, -and thankfully- my husband and I are in good fortune. I am very thankful to have the ability to say that I am not in need or of want of anything. Not to be smug or trivial in the least. I think so many of us take this for granted. I think we ask for ipads and purses and we forget that we are so very lucky that we have the ABILITY to ask and receive these things. That our wish lists for the holiday or any day for that matter does not include a safe home, security for our children, knowing where the money for next months electric bill to keep the heat going will come from.

I just wanted to take a moment to say I am so grateful right now, personally for what I have. I wish those of you a better New Year that are in need of one. I have been in rougher places and know that things change for any of us in a heartbeat.

May all your holidays, however they are celebrated, be as joyful as possible. Let all of us take a moment to be honestly grateful for what we have and be compassionate for those who are truly in need.

You worded this so beautifully and I wish for you the same that wish for me/the people on this site. I too, feel very thankful this year, although it has been a rough year, with all kinds of obstacles, it could be way worse than others have had. Have a lovely holiday Princess7915.

I look around at a few (fortunately) people I know, and read posts on here and on my Face book and see how people need or want things they desperately need like jobs or they ask for the ability to afford even a few gifts for their kids or to help their nieces and nephews to have a "good" holiday. I am humbled by you all.

For now, at least, -and thankfully- my husband and I are in good fortune. I am very thankful to have the ability to say that I am not in need or of want of anything. Not to be smug or trivial in the least. I think so many of us take this for granted. I think we ask for ipads and purses and we forget that we are so very lucky that we have the ABILITY to ask and receive these things. That our wish lists for the holiday or any day for that matter does not include a safe home, security for our children, knowing where the money for next months electric bill to keep the heat going will come from.

I just wanted to take a moment to say I am so grateful right now, personally for what I have. I wish those of you a better New Year that are in need of one. I have been in rougher places and know that things change for any of us in a heartbeat.

May all your holidays, however they are celebrated, be as joyful as possible. Let all of us take a moment to be honestly grateful for what we have and be compassionate for those who are truly in need.

All I want for christmas is being able to pay the mortgage every month. Luckily my wife and the two girls don't ask for the next big thing. The other year the oldest wanted an iPod. So I said which one the newest one, she no any MP3 player will do ill buy white ear buds so people think its an iPod I'm listening too.

All I want for christmas is being able to pay the mortgage every month. Luckily my wife and the two girls don't ask for the next big thing. The other year the oldest wanted an iPod. So I said which one the newest one, she no any MP3 player will do ill buy white ear buds so people think its an iPod I'm listening too.

Wow, what a sweet kid. :angel1:

I am grateful for anything that anyone gets me, but I bought myself an iPad mini to open on Christmas day with my dd's and my bf's iPad and some clothes. Other than that, if anyone else asks like bf, parents, etc. the only other things I would like to have would be a pair of silk pajamas and a pair of diamond solitaire earrings.

Wow, what a sweet kid. :angel1:

I am grateful for anything that anyone gets me, but I bought myself an iPad mini to open on Christmas day with my dd's and my bf's iPad and some clothes. Other than that, if anyone else asks like bf, parents, etc. the only other things I would like to have would be a pair of silk pajamas and a pair of diamond solitaire earrings.

Thank you. They take after their mom. Lol

I echo Princess7915's sentiments...

I'll just say this from my heart in addition to her wonderful comments:

After reading the posts in here, my most earnest wish for Christmas is that those who are seeking jobs would find them and that those who are struggling to even make ends meet, let alone buy any Christmas gifts, would be blessed in unexpected and amazing ways. Above all, I hope that each family is overflowing with love, no matter the situation.

I ,too, am blessed with a good job, but I have several friends near and dear to me who are not so lucky right now. I cannot completely relate, but I can definitely feel the pain. It wrenches my heart daily. Stay strong.

Just when i thought i had everything, need to add tissues to the list.I agree princess.im thankful my DH has a job and i have two very smart happy healthy children.Ive learned as the years have past its nt whats under the tree, but the memories we've made while putting it up.