Target to match online rivals' holiday prices - per USA Today news article

noehlp

I'll be emailing Target today to let them know about my experience in their store and with their 800 number last night.

So frustrating!!!

Good luck with that, at least corporate helped you. I got canned responses both via email and from corporate services and have not been back to Target since 11/01.

I'll be emailing Target today to let them know about my experience in their store and with their 800 number last night.

So frustrating!!!

Target has been BEYOND frustrating. good luck getting an answer from HQ. I emailed them a few weeks ago and NO response. They don't care; they are making money off of everyone else. Their people on the phone are from another country and can only respond with answers written in front of them. Anything beyond that the recycle answer #1. They don't even know their own website. I had to talk several CSRs through trying to find something I was asking about. Worst experience ever (Sears was a close second).

I had a problem with Target the other day trying to use coupons. The clerk told me I could only use 1 coupon per transaction, even though I was buying 3 of the same item and had 2 coupons each for $1.00 of 1. I have never heard this and argued with her. She said she has been there for 6 years (even though the store has only been there 2 years). She finally got disgusted and scanned both coupons for me. It's not the money, its the principle. Even my daughter, who rarely uses coupons, never heard of their policy and agreed with me.

I know that normally they do not honor their own website's prices. I don't if the holiday PM changes that or not.

I know that if you tell the person on the phone that you cannot understand them because of their accent and ask to speak to someone in the USA, they have to transfer you. I was beyond frustrated since I knew the person was reading a script it seemed he wasn't listening to what I was saying, but trying to keep going back to a script. I emailed Target yesterday - no reply.

these are the same people that were telling me that the price match guarantee was only valid for 24 hours within my purchase. They were NOT very accommodating. Oh well, I have pretty much stopped shopping at Target and this is one of the big reasons. I know that I won't be shopping there next BF at all if I need any electronics. The way my store does electronic sales is just plain stupid.

Had to go to Target today to test the Price Match policy. Bought DD a big wheel last week and now TRU has it cheaper. The cashier did not want to honor the policy but I kept pushing and got my way. Don't advertise if you aren't going to honor it, that's how I feel about it. Worst case scenario I would return the item and take my $$ to TRU. Don't tempt me, this is why I wait til Xmas Eve to wrap presents. I spend this entire week getting price adjustments on items already bought. A mother's work is NEVER done.