How long have you been doing BF? / Introduce yourself thread

julz0420

I was going back through my old posts while DS was sleeping and my first post here was back in 05. There have been years I was way more chatty and years I've had to sit out but man I've been around here for awhile now :)

Anyways I didnt see one of these yet this year so I'll get the ball rolling. I'm Julie, married to my hubby for 16 years now (together for 20:eek:), got a daughter who is 8 and a son who is 15 months. Praying I can pawn the kiddos off on someone this year so I can be out early to shop since I missed out last year and my dh will be at work at 3am on BF LOL I've been around these boards off and on for 7 years now.....long enough to know Brad is probably holding out on that wal mart ad already probably hahahaha jk

So who are you? How long have you been bf shopping? Where ya from and who are you buying for this year?

I have been BF shopping for about 14 years at least. I thought it was less than that and DD24 thinks its longer (Time seems to be going super fast here lately) I will be shopping for my parents, children, (including DILS and SIL) grandchildren, and other family members. I think the total of family members I buy for is 24. Plus those special friends in our lives. I joined here in 09 and have really enjoyed it.

It's been roughly 20 years with a few off while studying abroad. It's really scary now compared to the first "scary" parking lot incident we had so many years ago at KBToys opening at 5 or 6am. It's not crazy to think people will kill you now (for whatever) whereas back in the day you were afraid they'd take your space or have a shouting match etc for it. Started off mostly toys and now it's mostly electronics/entertainment stuff.

I will kick things off I guess :P I have been shopping regularly for over 10 years (makes me feel old wow!!). I am from western KY and I shop mostly for my family dd 10 and ds 13 plus dh and also for some charity families each year.

We are neighbors! I'm in So. IL :)

I have been shopping on Black Friday for 23 years. The first year my car was run into on the way to an early morning opening (Back then it was 6am). I still picked my mom and sister up and headed to the stores.

Now that is hard core!!

20 years or so?

I've been on this board since almost the beginning.

:)

Also a long timer :) But you are very helpful because I've remembered you from previous years.

I have been BF shopping for about 14 years at least. I thought it was less than that and DD24 thinks its longer (Time seems to be going super fast here lately) I will be shopping for my parents, children, (including DILS and SIL) grandchildren, and other family members. I think the total of family members I buy for is 24. Plus those special friends in our lives. I joined here in 09 and have really enjoyed it.

I also enjoy it a ton!! This site has been so great at helping out on getting deals (all year :)

I've been here way too long...

Brad, I speak for us all when I say, we love that you've been at it this long. Without you we wouldnt have this awesome website!! Thanks for all you do!

Well, I've been tagging along with the family for about a good 10 years now. Been a member here since around BF of 2005. Has it really been that long? :eek:

Don't know yet if I'm taking part in BF shopping this year. Being a starving college student takes it's toll on your pocketbook :( If I can scrounge enough cash in time I might shop online for a decent HDTV and a blu-ray player. Time to turn in my 13-inch TV-VCR combo tube TV and get with the modern times.

I've been taking part in the BF fun having since BF 2004. I was 8 months pregnant with my now almost 8 year old son and living in the Denver area. It was the first and only time I have ever done Best Buy on BF. I got lucky! I was only in line 20 minutes before they opened, got my ticket for the xBox, and was in and out of the store 5 minutes after they opened. I even had the same success at the Target down the way! Ahhhhhh...the memories, but that's what got me addicted. Now, I would have to camp for days at stores like that!

Anywho, I didn't join the site officially until 2007, but I was a long time lurker before that. I now live in NY and shop for my family on BF. (and of course myself! One gift for them=one gift I need to get myself. lol)

I have been shopping on bf since I was a teenager. My brother worked as a manager at kbtoys and I would always work that weekend for him with my friends to help out. Back then ( going back 14 years or so) I thought getting there at 4 am was crazy and the line with maybe 30 or so people were hardcore shoppers. I dont thin it opened back then until maybe 5am or even 6...now I feel like by 6 am Im 2/3rds of the way done with my bf shopping. I miss those days of the later openings.

Ive been on this board since I think 2009. I shop for about 30 or so people each year. My kids, dh, mom, in laws, nieces, nephews, teachers, coaches, angel trees and toys for tots so I really shop for everything! Thank goodness for this site. It has gotten me SO organized!

I have been a black friday addict for greater than 20 yrs....ugh, that means I am old!! LOL. I live in Central NY and shop with my sis, sil and niece. we freeze our tails off, but have a great tiime. I also miss the openings at 5 am. Not so sure I like this Thanksgiving Eve Gig! I have two beautiful grandsons that I LOVE to shop for. I think I found this sight in 2005 or 2007 and have spread the word any chance I get!!! I LOVE GOTTADEAL!!

I am Melody, from Middle TN. 16DD and 12 DS. Kids go with me and hubby (married 18 years) but that just started last year. We live in a pretty small town but have 2 Wal-Marts and that is basically where we go. Now, last year, DD and her cousin waited in line at ON to get the cameras, while we were in line at Belk and Sears getting the gift cards. All those stores are in the same little strip mall.

Our family spends the couple of days before planning our strategy and it has worked very well over the past 16+ years. Even though we don't like the early openings, it actually helped us cause the times were staggered and we were able to get everything and be back home Friday by like 10am.

17 years here in Ct. My family thinks I am crazy but it is so worth it!! I have recruited many people over the years .. Some have wimped out ;) but a few have remained strong! I am definately the ring leader!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Too many years to count. First year was 1981....Even when I worked retail I did BF but really got bigger into it when I left retail in 1995. Only year I didn't go shopping on BF back then was 1993, was on bed rest for my oldest son, who showed up Dec. 1.

8 years shopping in South Jersey...those were the days of 5 am openings :) I officially joined the site in '07 after lurking for about 2 years...

For the first few years I shopped with my BFF but since we hit difft stores, etc now we just text each other throughout the night.

My name is Jen, have been married for 12 years together 15! DH and I have shopped BF for 11 years now, started at 23 years old. I shop for DH, Parents, 2 Brothers, 2 Nieces & 2 Nephews, 2 God Children, Aunt & Friends.

Most stores here don't open til 12am & Walmart 5am.

Believe it or not but I had never even heard of Black Friday until I married my husband 14 years ago! We've been going ever since. He has stayed home the last 2 years because he had a brain tumor removed in June of 2010 and he probably won't go this year either because he just started chemo again (prayers appreciated!). My daughter goes with me now :)

Jenn

I used to be on the other side of Black Friday....have to say much better shopping than selling!! I have been shopping on Black Friday for about twelve years.....I have to laugh at some of the memories.....One time my mother and I had her car so full we could barely see out of the windows!!:eyepoppin But always had fun. Jenn - prayers for your husband. Edited by chaddix

Hi I m Natalie, I lurked for one year then officially joined Gottadeal in 2006. I live in PA now but so far still shop in NY where I have being going out on BF for over 20 years. My Sister and I used to be at Walmart an hour or so before they opened (no 24 hour Walmarts back then) to get gifts for family and my oldest Nephew. Last year was the first time DH and DD14 went with me. DS16 went one year but it was not exciting enough for him since we did not camp out and only showed up at JCP at 4am for the snow globes. Last year was the longest I ever camped out 25 hours and got everything we wanted.

Not sure what will happen this year I have been shopping alot more online so have to wait for the ads to see what we are doing. DD14 wants to go and she has rounded up some friends who what to go also...

Brian here. 31, married for 7 years, DD 2.5, DS 1. Madison, WI. I've been BF shopping for about 6 years. Its gotten difficult since the kids were born because my wife has to worktonight at 7am. So in a way the early times are all I can really do. I can still go back out to the smaller stores with the kids, but things move muuuuuuuch slower.

I get more and more into it every year and GD has helped greatly since I joined the last few years. I shop just as much for my wife and I as I do the kids/friends/relatives. 90% of holiday shopping is done on BF.

I used to be on the other side of Black Friday....have to say much better shopping than selling!! I have been shopping on Black Friday for about twelve years.....I have to laugh at some of the memories.....One time my mother and I had her car so full we could barely see out of the windows!!:eyepoppin But always had fun. Jenn - prayers for your husband.

Thank you <3

Jenn

I'll be shopping in Marion, Carbondale and Herrin. I could go to Paducah but its a 45ish min. drive for me so its closer to go to C'dale... tho Paducah has way more stuff! lol

Jenn, Praying for your husband :)

:) thank you!! We appreciate all we can get.

I CANNOT wait until BF! We have 2 little grand daughters that we will be buying for plus our 6 children!