Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

The Galaxy Tab also has a Samsung app store, so gives you a 3rd option for buying apps. I always check all 3 places, sometimes one will be having a special on something.

And, if it matters to you, the Galaxy Tab also can used as as remote for your TV... I don't watch TV, so this doesn't matter to me. But other people that have looked at it have been excited about that feature. :)

What are the chances that anyone will be offering the Ipad Mini with GC deal b4 christmas? wondering if I should bite the bullet or wait. thanks

I would have thought BF would have been the best time. Not sure if Apple offered them cheaper on BF, like their other models, or not. Best Buy had $60 off of the iPad 2 and iPad 4 (but not the mini). Walmart had the iPad 2 for $399 w/ a $75 GC. I think the mini is too new to offer a discount. IMO, I don't see any chance of someone offering it before Christmas w/ a discount or GC.

I got Hubby the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 from Staples on BF.

Now,for ACCESSORIES.

What do I really need (for him)?

I got some kind of case that also doubles as a stand and possibly a keyboard (not sure if this is going to work).

Do I need to get him a screen protector too?

Will he need headphones/earbuds?

Any helpful advice appreciated :)

He doesn't even have a smartphone so this will all be new to him.

TIA!

I got Hubby the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 from Staples on BF.

Now,for ACCESSORIES.

What do I really need (for him)?

I got some kind of case that also doubles as a stand and possibly a keyboard (not sure if this is going to work).

Do I need to get him a screen protector too?

Will he need headphones/earbuds?

Any helpful advice appreciated :)

He doesn't even have a smartphone so this will all be new to him.

TIA!

I screen protect my phones but not my tabs. Unless he particularly clumsy I would bother with one. A case is all you really need. You could get him a Google Play Store gift card.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Earbuds/earphones are also good, especially if he likes to watch movies or listen to music that you don't want to listen to. I have earbuds and a cute case for mine. I also have a screen protector on it because my dog likes to jump on it while I'm reading if I'm not paying enough attention to him. Sometimes I don't trim his nails as often as I should ;)

I've bought several cases for my Tab. I get tired of the color/pattern and have to try another one. I like Amazon. They have a lot of choices and reasonable prices

Should I "set up" my daughter's kindle fire before Christmas??? Anything that would be worth doing now rather than waiting? Just asking so it's ready to go when she opens it... Thanks!!

I plan on doing that with the 3 I bought. That way I know how it works and I can set up the parental controls. Possibly load some books and movies, too.

Not that anyone cares but me, but Best Buy and Staples started carrying the Microsoft Surface online today.

We bought one on BF at the MS store, but my other son said tonight he might want one (he hasn't decided on his big gift yet...), so it will be nice to earn RZ points from Best Buy.

Nice to know AFTER I bought an iPad, lol. I got a 32GB iPad 3 for $449 + a $50 GC at Target the other day. Microsoft should have done this to begin with and they would have had more sales. They need to have them IN-STORE for people to look at and examine. I may still buy one (the iPad was for my DS).

Nice to know AFTER I bought an iPad, lol. I got a 32GB iPad 3 for $449 + a $50 GC at Target the other day. Microsoft should have done this to begin with and they would have had more sales. They need to have them IN-STORE for people to look at and examine. I may still buy one (the iPad was for my DS).

Yep, I agree completely. They announced Tuesday they messed up and would let other stores sell them, and then the next day they were available online at those stores. Pretty fast, but still not in-store. I have 2 Microsoft stores within an hour from me, so we were able to go play ahead of time.

I definitely think you should get one for you. :) I'm going to be jealous of my boys for a while. We have a couple at work I go and mess with sometimes. Wish they'd give me my own. :)

We went to BB tonight to look at the Asus Win8 tablet. DS said no, he didn't like the way it feels. So looks like we will be purchasing Surface #2 next Thursday or Friday. Probably won't be able to get it at Best Buy, since shipping will be pushing it, so I guess we'll be making another trip to the MS store and no RZ points...

Best Buy now has the Surface in-store!! :) They have it on display, and available to purchase. I'm so happy I don't have to go an hour to the mall this weekend... :D

There was a mom and her young teenage son there playing with it. The kid had researched it and really wanted it. And he said the same thing my DS said, no to the Asus Win8 tablet. It made the mom feel better knowing we were buying 2 for our teenagers.