Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

What post about Microcenter having it for $149. I only see a refurbished at Walmart.

Does Sears price match using an IPhone screen? Last night I bought their last black Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for 179.00. With today's post about the 149.00 price from Microcenter I sure would love to save another 30.00!

Thanks I totally missed that. I will have to see if my Cousin has one near her she wants the tablet also.

I went to the Sears website and under the Price Match policy it says it will not price match from Thanksgiving day till the Monday after Thanksgiving. The Microcenter post is near the top of page 24 on this forum. I may still call...

BTW, I apologize if this was already posted, but this looks like a great deal:

Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 at Walmart for $149 (refurbished) There's one in white too.

2 year service plan through Walmart is $19.50. If you buy it new at $179, as has been advertised at Amazon and JR recently, or wait to do so on Black Friday at any of the dozen or so retailers offering it, you only get the manufacturer's 1 yr.

Comes with Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung already announced plans to upgrade it to Jelly Bean soon.

I bought 2 for my oldest two.

Thanks for posting! I am starting to think about getting one for my daughter, and this might be a good solution. Like the price, and would like to get her the white one as well.

Now to just make my final decision on if I want to get her a tablet. She's not asking foe one, not asking for anything (yet) actually. I tried to buy her new tires yesterday, and she sent the money back to me, said she wanted to save for them herself!

My Best Buy Nabi purchase also netted me a free shutterfly book (8x8). I did use our BB rewards number on the Nabi purchase, so I don't know if that had something to do with it. But if you bought one, you might watch your e-mail. I just got the email with the shutterfly code. Not a huge deal, but a nice bonus to an already happy moment! :)

I just got shipping confirmation on the Nabi 2 from best buy. I also got a free code for the shutterfly book. I did not take time to enter my BB reward number and I checked out as a guest. If anyone wants the code for the free shutterfly book let me know. I will not be using it. Hate for it to go to waste.

I got the code for a shutterfly too what is it?

I have some questions that I cannot find answers to. I was going to get the galaxy Tab 2, but found out adobe pulled flash out of the Google store. My daughter needs Flash to play educational games on websites for her school homework. So, I thought the Fire was good. But then realized I need an external memory card slot. What are my options now for tablets with the things I want:

External memory slot

Supports Flash

Rear facing camera (the other two are much more important than this one)

I'd like to get the device this weekend so I hope someone can answer my questions before they head out shopping. :)

Adobe is not supporting mobile devices after Android 4.0. I found this about sideloading Adobe Flash after Android 4.0. The Galaxy Tab 2 has Android 4.0 so it should be able to run Adobe Flash (not sure)

Here is a link about sideloading. I dont know anything about it but I purchased the Galaxy Tab 2 so may try it.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-apps/42724-how-install-adobe-flash-player-android-4-0-a.html

I have some questions that I cannot find answers to. I was going to get the galaxy Tab 2, but found out adobe pulled flash out of the Google store. My daughter needs Flash to play educational games on websites for her school homework. So, I thought the Fire was good. But then realized I need an external memory card slot. What are my options now for tablets with the things I want:

External memory slot

Supports Flash

Rear facing camera (the other two are much more important than this one)

I'd like to get the device this weekend so I hope someone can answer my questions before they head out shopping. :)

Still trying to decide if I buy a tablet or not...

If I do I think I am leaning towards one of the ASUS' or one of the Samsungs. I know ASUS does a better/quicker job of getting out updates but have read they have a fair number of issues with their products just going black or freezing all of the time. I have a Galaxy phone (first model) and really like it and like Samsung. But they don't seem to update as often.

Both brands are all in the same price area outside of the Note and the Infinity. I would almost get a Fire but they don't seem to be quite as flexible as these brands I am looking at and would like an expandable storage slot. I do have Prime so anything I get I can watch the content I get free through Prime...correct?

My DS16 has last years Asus and loves it. I am actually on it now with the keyboard. Yes he watches prime streaming on it. I ordered the 16gb BB Asus and also the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Now after typing on the keyboard I think I am going to get the keyboard for mine.

QUOTE=slinkster65;1989460]Still trying to decide if I buy a tablet or not...

If I do I think I am leaning towards one of the ASUS' or one of the Samsungs. I know ASUS does a better/quicker job of getting out updates but have read they have a fair number of issues with their products just going black or freezing all of the time. I have a Galaxy phone (first model) and really like it and like Samsung. But they don't seem to update as often.

Both brands are all in the same price area outside of the Note and the Infinity. I would almost get a Fire but they don't seem to be quite as flexible as these brands I am looking at and would like an expandable storage slot. I do have Prime so anything I get I can watch the content I get free through Prime...correct?

I got a Surface this morning, yay! I will have one happy little boy Christmas morning. I was able to go to the Microsoft store and got a free sleeve, plus $50 off a 2nd keyboard (for when we buy the Pro Surface in a few months).

So relieved to have this crossed off my list, and with a BF deal to boot! :)

I got the Nabi 2 Tablet at Walmart Thursday night. I have already taken it out of the box, set it up, and added the amazon app to it. I must say that I am impressed. It is just as fast as they advertised and so far it has been very easy to set up. I love it.

So for those of you still not sure about the Nabi 2, I am just letting you know that so far it exceeds my expectations...

i need a little kindle help. Just opened up and trying to "register" or whatever... entered Amazon email, acct. ok, I am sitting here with my official book that has password on it for my SSID (internet) and I tried numerous times, so I thought I was wrong, as it wouldn't work, then I put in the WEP key, no go...

then I turned off router, and back on and the wireless setting of kindle, off and on again. and all I keep getting is authentication FAILED ?? WHY. I am 110% sure this is the password for our internet and it's been the same for a loooong time. any suggestions?