What will be the Hot Toys for 2012?

jellybean051901

Thank you for letting me know. I went to my Walmart and for a few days no one knew what I was talking about. I finally got someone who knew about it and was able to put on layaway/preorder. Of course the person in layaway informs me that the day of release I have to come back and get the item from the shelf and bring it to layaway for them to lock away under my name and account #. Can you imagine the nightmare that would be.

I went back and spoke to the person in Electronics and she said the night before release just call the Electronics dept (can ask for her but she may not be working) and they will pull one from the back BEFORE they make it to the floor (if any are left) and they will take to layaway. I plan on going there the day and night before and making sure I get to see her directly to remind her to put it in layaway for me.

Keeping fingers crossed that I actually get it...

Thanks for posting about it I would never have know. I kept asking them if they were taking preorders and always was told NO.

Don't know if you are still looking for the Deluxe Wii U, but I thought I would share this. The units were on the front of our walmart ad yesterday advertising Layaway. I went to one of the local stores and talked to a manager who told me that it was basically a preorder at store level. You put the item in layaway now, and can pick it up on November 18th or anytime before December 14th. I thought it was a odd way to list store preorders, but I did place one on layaway yesterday. Hopefully it will be there when I go to pick it up. :)

Thank you for letting me know. I went to my Walmart and for a few days no one knew what I was talking about. I finally got someone who knew about it and was able to put on layaway/preorder. Of course the person in layaway informs me that the day of release I have to come back and get the item from the shelf and bring it to layaway for them to lock away under my name and account #. Can you imagine the nightmare that would be.

I went back and spoke to the person in Electronics and she said the night before release just call the Electronics dept (can ask for her but she may not be working) and they will pull one from the back BEFORE they make it to the floor (if any are left) and they will take to layaway. I plan on going there the day and night before and making sure I get to see her directly to remind her to put it in layaway for me.

Keeping fingers crossed that I actually get it...

Thanks for posting about it I would never have know. I kept asking them if they were taking preorders and always was told NO.

You're welcome. I should have said YMMV simply because I phoned 3 different stores before I found someone that knew what I was talking about. Apparently the stores had received a memo at the end of the week before. The ladies in layaway were talking about "how they were going to know to get the item and put it in layaway".... I'm glad you mentioned that. I will have to make a trip back to the store and get clarification from them as well.

I just got back from GameStop for the Skylanders Giants release! So excited! I had the game itself on preorder, so I was there for the new figures. Not too many people in line, so I managed to get 3 of the new Giants (crusher, bouncer, and swarm) and 3 of the new figures (pop fizz. Some guy in a skeleton horse thing and a water guy with ice daggers), plus the game came with a giant called TreeRex. My son is going to be so excited on christmas morning! I have to say in case you're out looking for them today, some of the people in line said that Walmart put them out early and sold out, Kmart didn't get anything in, and we cleaned out the GameStop since each of us were buying all the new figures they had. They had a lot of the reposed guys from the first game but none of us really get the point of those. Just a heads up! :) I'm so excited, I feel like my shopping season has officially begun!

I just got back from GameStop for the Skylanders Giants release! So excited! I had the game itself on preorder, so I was there for the new figures. Not too many people in line, so I managed to get 3 of the new Giants (crusher, bouncer, and swarm) and 3 of the new figures (pop fizz. Some guy in a skeleton horse thing and a water guy with ice daggers), plus the game came with a giant called TreeRex. My son is going to be so excited on christmas morning! I have to say in case you're out looking for them today, some of the people in line said that Walmart put them out early and sold out, Kmart didn't get anything in, and we cleaned out the GameStop since each of us were buying all the new figures they had. They had a lot of the reposed guys from the first game but none of us really get the point of those. Just a heads up! :) I'm so excited, I feel like my shopping season has officially begun!

Do the giants work with the same game or do we have to buy a new game to go with them? Thanks.

Do the giants work with the same game or do we have to buy a new game to go with them? Thanks.

The giants and the new figures don't work with the old game, you would need the new Skylanders Giants game. But the same portal works with it, and all if your guys from the first game work for the new one.

I stood in line with my mom when I was in high school for the original furby. Not feeling like doing it again.

OMG i remember 17 years ago i stood on line at Caldor for 17 hours to get one of these for my neice.I was 3 months pregnant and didnt even know it.Was sicker than heck and didnt know why.Glad my kids are too old for "the hot toy" now.I kinda miss the excitement though.lol

I'm wondering about the Lalaloopsy Ice Crystal Collector doll. I seen her in Target on Friday, and she is a beautiful doll. Kind of pricey at 49.99 but she is cute!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120905181948/lalaloopsyland/images/e/e6/Mini_Ivory_Ice_Crystals.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120912194007/lalaloopsyland/images/thumb/8/8c/Snow_Princess_Ivory_Ice_Crystals.jpg/300px-Snow_Princess_Ivory_Ice_Crystals.jpg

DS7 is asking for skylanders Giants. We have 2 xbox's and the wii rarely gets played, so I'll move it into his room & get the game & a few giants for it. We already have the old game & portal. He also wants his own ipod touch so he doesnt have to use mine. Im hoping for a good deal on the old touch since the new colored ones are now available. He would also like a dreamlight & its a tiger that I think you have to buy exclusively online.

DS11 is asking for a turtle beach xbox headset & a new ipod touch. Also a "mod" controller. If anyone can find them for a descent price, please pm me. He's also asking for minecraft legos. Those things are going in and out of stock so I guess I need to get on it.

DS13 is asking for the same as DS11 except he wants the wireless turtle beach headset.

DS16 is asking for the beats by dr dre headphones. Only specifics are no black or white in color.

DS7 is asking for skylanders Giants. We have 2 xbox's and the wii rarely gets played, so I'll move it into his room & get the game & a few giants for it. We already have the old game & portal. He also wants his own ipod touch so he doesnt have to use mine. Im hoping for a good deal on the old touch since the new colored ones are now available. He would also like a dreamlight & its a tiger that I think you have to buy exclusively online.

DS11 is asking for a turtle beach xbox headset & a new ipod touch. Also a "mod" controller. If anyone can find them for a descent price, please pm me. He's also asking for minecraft legos. Those things are going in and out of stock so I guess I need to get on it.

DS13 is asking for the same as DS11 except he wants the wireless turtle beach headset.

DS16 is asking for the beats by dr dre headphones. Only specifics are no black or white in color.

I bought my son's mod controller of of eBay. Wasn't too high.

Whoa, thanks for posting this! I'll have to run up there and see what I can find. I didn't think we would see wave 2 until closer to Thanksgiving.

Your welcome. Good luck.... I was surprised when i got that e-mail. I had read online that Wave 2 would not be out until late November. Not sure how they got them so early.

The Wii U is my guess too for one that should be hot. However, while preorders seemed to go very fast many places, I do wonder how many of those were bought up by resellers? No question many people will want them, but with the economy still so bad, it is quite an expensive gift.

The Target exclusive Monster High dolls are very cool and I'd suggest getting them now while they are still on shelves. Last year the MH dolls sold out everywhere before Xmas and I think the exclusives will be the first to disappear this season.

I wonder how popular the La Dee Da dolls are going to be? They are really cute.

The Target exclusive Monster High dolls are very cool and I'd suggest getting them now while they are still on shelves. Last year the MH dolls sold out everywhere before Xmas and I think the exclusives will be the first to disappear this season.

I wonder how popular the La Dee Da dolls are going to be? They are really cute.

Which ones are the Target exclusives?

It was the "Only at Target" sticker on them that almost sucked me into dropping $75 + tax. I can be such a sucker for marketing ploys, but I resisted in the end lol.

Lol. I got the 5 pack for $55 yesterday. At least I don't have to buy any more. Lol

The Doc McStuffins Time for a Check Up Doll and the Doc McStuffins Doctor Kit seem to be really hot so far. All the stores in our area have been sold out forever. Also the Peppa Pig toys have been sold out. Luckily I got them early :)

Yes! Im still on the hunt for the doctor kit. I already have the doll.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle stuff. I've been buying it already despite the fact that I HATE paying full price for anything. I can't run the risk of not finding it though as it's the number one item (well, several items) on my sons list.

Same here! I went ahead and got the Shellraiser van, Shredder, and the turtles my son doesn't already have.

Wow! I remember buying turtles for my dd22 when she was little. I have some in the attic in a plastic tub. The videos went to a younger cousin. I remember getting dressed to the turtles.

Isn't it crazy that they're back? My little brother used to play with them when we were kids. My sons even dressed up as ninja turtles for Halloween this year!