What will be the Hot Toys for 2012?

jellybean051901

What to buy my kids? I have an 18 year old boy who just graduated high school and 10 ten old girl. They both have everything. We have kinects and wii I can count how many times they have been used, not many. They both have TV's and Computers, and DS 3d. Emma does not play with toys. She wants a horse but that is not going to happen. I just don't know what to do this year.

I think hot toys are going to be the ugly Furby's,

How about gift cards to lots of things like: movies, gas, food, stores, amusement park, water park, gym membership, pay for lessons of some sort: guitar, swimming, bowling, concert tickets, or magazine subscriptions.

Idk where I should put this, but Walmart unveiled its top toy list:

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2012/09/14/walmart-unveils-top-toy-list-gives-parents-confidence-to-shop-now-for-the-toys-kids-want-at-everyday-low-prices

There's some good info to know, like: 1) they WILL still price match ads when you pick up your layaway & 2) if one of your layaway items goes on sale, they will honor that price if it's still on sale when you pick up.

Edited by mommyofanangelb

I saw that bundle. I really don't want to pay a whole $100 more than necessary. I already have tons of wii remotes. When I went to check out my bill was over $500. All I want is the deluxe console for $349 grrr Walmart....

Walmart has the wii u deluxe in a bundle, dont forget with the deluxe u get nintendoland with it. You have to select the sytem a game and a controller ships out on release date $449

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-Solution-Bundle-w-Customer-Choice-of-Wii-U-Game-and-Controller/21803986

My son preordered the deluxe set on friday from best buy. It said they were sold out, but he had put one in our cart last week and when we tried, it let us check out with it .

It is already. You cannot preorder the deluxe set anywhere. Walmart has right now but they are making it a bundle and charging shipping cannot do site to store

they were that or 54. Now if I had a kid that just had to have one, I would get it for that price but no other reason. LOL

Oh No..... So it is true Furbies are coming back ?! I was hoping it would quietly go away. Had my when they first arrived and sitting in a very dark corner of my closet ....

I walked into TRU on Wednesday and they had 5 more deluxe wiis for preorder. They said they were just released to them. I paid $20, I can go on nov 18 and put it right in layaway.

You may want to call and check from time to time.

TY to the posters who mentioned baby butterscotch. Because I read it here, my ears perked when my daughter flipped when she saw the commercial. Walmart is $20 cheaper than anywhere else, btw.

My grandkids all asked for tablets. Walmart marked the 139.00 Pandigital tablet down to 49.00 so I grabbed enough of them for all the small grandkids. 6,8,and 10 . they want skins and cases for them and I will get more monster high stuff for the 3rd year.

Cnet gave it the best reviews of the inexpensive tablets. I've got a new grandbaby, no ideas for her yet. SHe's only 2 months. My son is buying the wii u himself, he wants nothing but games. My duaghter 23 wants a kindle. No ideas on my oldest son 27.

My son has been asking for the Jack the pirate singing ship thing for the past couple of months. It shows up on the hot toy list, so I decide to get it now so I can find it before the Holidays. I've gone to several stores that had it before and now they are sold out. Sigh...

I ordered mine on Amazon last week. It was 41.00 which is 4 dollars less then all the other stores plus depending on the state you live in there is no tax and its free shipping!

I've seen a lot of the iTikes and Apptivity displays in our local stores. Anybody know if they are any good? Ever since our kids got iTouches for Christmas a couple years ago, nothing seems comparable. That's all they play with. The Nintendo DS systems or PSPs haven't been touched. Our Wii and PS3 hardly get played with anymore. It's all about the iTouch and iPad in our house. So, anybody know how these new toys and things are? Do they work well? Or are they just junk? (My kids will be 9m, 3, 6, 9, 11, and 15). Thanks!

I saw at Target yesterday an interactive lalaloopsy doll that sings and her hair spins. It was 70.00!! I know my daughter is going to want that but I think that is WAY overpriced...

I think they are around 50.00 at Walmart. My daughter kind of liked it but thankfully said she'd rather have something else..lol. That is still alot of money for that. If it ever comes down to 25.00 then I might think about it. I just know that it would entertain her for about 1 day (if even that) and then it would just sit and collect dust...

My boss's grandson wants the the Matchbox Big Boots Dino....I think he saw it on TV and she says that is all he talks about. She wants me to keep my eyes open for a sale. She hates to shop but that is okay, she knows I love it and that I check this board often for deals while I am working.

2 words.....Skylander Giants (not really a toy cause it is a video game and accessories but still will be hot)

. That's our #1 around here too. I'm really hoping it isn't as hard to find the new characters this year as it was the find the original skylanders last year. But yes, the game is at the top of DS8's xmas list, along with Ninja Turtle toys (can you believe they're back??) and Lego Monster Fighters.

I saw that bundle. I really don't want to pay a whole $100 more than necessary. I already have tons of wii remotes. When I went to check out my bill was over $500. All I want is the deluxe console for $349 grrr Walmart....

Don't know if you are still looking for the Deluxe Wii U, but I thought I would share this. The units were on the front of our walmart ad yesterday advertising Layaway. I went to one of the local stores and talked to a manager who told me that it was basically a preorder at store level. You put the item in layaway now, and can pick it up on November 18th or anytime before December 14th. I thought it was a odd way to list store preorders, but I did place one on layaway yesterday. Hopefully it will be there when I go to pick it up. :)