Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

headed to Orlando area stores today. Hit the jackpot on tape. lots of wrapping paper & gift bags but I don't need any and for me to say that means that I have tons!

Toys at all 4 stores I checked where mostly 30%-50% with a very few 75% or 70% (whichever it is)

Got this at 70 off today for my ds b day

[ATTACH]6656[/ATTACH]

Also scored the armor all gift set with a 2 dollar off coupon so it came out to 7.00. My jewelary section had the earrings necklaces and pins Christmas theme for .69 cents. Awesome shopping day for me ; )

My jewelery section had the earrings necklaces and pins Christmas theme for .69 cents. Awesome shopping day for me ; )

I scooped up the last few sets they had too...they were .89 though (I think for the set of 3 earrings), the individual pairs were .69 as well as the pins.

Wow - all I have to say is that you all are amazing. My store was one of the first go to 90% off - and I didn't find any hidden deals that you have found - didn't even think to check. I feel like I need to go back and at least check for these! DH needs more undies... he threw out a bunch cause they got "holie". I think I have some 50 rolls of tape - and I left a more for others :) Clearance karma!!

The only thing that I bought for myself is a Oscar the Grouch xmas tee :) It was $0.99 in XS. I wanted to find some men's t shirts too. I wanted a Grinch shirt. Sad to find the kids one ringing up at regular price. Today was the first day that I saw the Elf on a Shelf skirt - tons of it! Have yet to see the actual elf on a shelf.

I wanted a Grinch shirt. Sad to find the kids one ringing up at regular price.

I think these made it to maybe 30% off last year before they disappeared:( I wanted one too, I settled for a cat in the hat sleepshirt (xxl) at jcpenney when they put men's shirts on sale for 1.97:P

It pays to keep your eyes open and look "through" shelves not just over or at them. I'm a pro when it comes to finding stuff but my mom on the other hand could be staring at something and wouldn't know it. My best find aside from boxers today were some melamine container sets pack of 3 were 4.xx when 70% off and I found them hidden on a bottom shelf behind newly set valentines day melamine cups etc. all it took was bending over and looking through the shelving:)

...and remember the days when there was so much wrapping paper left at 90% off? I am so glad I stockpiled because for the past 2 years there has barely been any left at 75% off. I know a lot of people use gift bags, but we still use wrapping for the kids' gifts under the tree. I didn't see any wrapping paper left anywhere when I popped into the cmas aisles this week.

So funny. The last couple of years have had only a bit of paper left here, but this year there are barrels of it!

...and remember the days when there was so much wrapping paper left at 90% off? I am so glad I stockpiled because for the past 2 years there has barely been any left at 75% off. I know a lot of people use gift bags, but we still use wrapping for the kids' gifts under the tree. I didn't see any wrapping paper left anywhere when I popped into the cmas aisles this week.

I didn't see ANY wrapping paper at any Target for 90% and not much at 70%. I actually picked up a few of the long rolls at WM today for .61 (75%). It does seem like one year will have tons of one type of thing and the next year,nothing!

People here must love tissue paper because there's never a scrap of it left at even 70%-it's one of the first things to go at 50%,and that is at WM,Wags,CVS or even grocery stores! I am shocked when I read where people picked up tissue paper at 90% today :eek:

I love hearing about what deals everybody got though-it's almost like Christmas all over again!

I think these made it to maybe 30% off last year before they disappeared:( I wanted one too, I settled for a cat in the hat sleepshirt (xxl) at jcpenney when they put men's shirts on sale for 1.97:P

It pays to keep your eyes open and look "through" shelves not just over or at them. I'm a pro when it comes to finding stuff but my mom on the other hand could be staring at something and wouldn't know it. My best find aside from boxers today were some melamine container sets pack of 3 were 4.xx when 70% off and I found them hidden on a bottom shelf behind newly set valentines day melamine cups etc. all it took was bending over and looking through the shelving:)

When I first get to the clearance area,I quickly scan and head for what I am wanting most. Then I move on to the next area. I load up my cart and go to a scanner and decide what I am keeping or what I need more of ;)

I then go back to the area and really search high and low and I am amazed at how much I missed the first go around!

Not only that; but sometimes you just don't see everything the first time through no matter how hard you are looking.

I hit the Mother Lode for the Xmas clothes today at the first Target I went to.

I was there long enough that they actually pulled out an entire cart of clothes.

It was mostly baby things and I got some for donations and also for my nephews/nieces but there were plenty of adult clothes but I didn't see a Grinch shirt or I would have nabbed it :tongue1:

Very true statement indeed - I will remember that advice. I am a mixed bag. I really wanted the Planters Almonds so I was all over the floor, and on my knees etc searching through the 4 shelves of nuts to find the last few that were there. I looked at every can in that approximate size. My bigger problem is that I cannot easily spot which items are going to be clearance items. Like pepperidge farm - I love their line and I need to cut back on the sweets (type 2 runs in the family etc) - and to get so cheap - I keep wanting to go back and see if they have more. LOL But why didn't I just check all the boxes the first time... I don't know! I just didn't think of it at the time. I was on a quest to find the almonds & the hello kitty & the grinch. Only found 1 of the 3. Then I ran out of time trying to figure out what was on clearance. I'm pretty sure I saw the MP almond tubs, but I totally would not have thought about scanning them. Thankfully - you all help me out here!

Btw - coffee drinkers is the Via Starbucks any good? It's instant Starbucks right? I only got 4 packs out of the 20 that was there.

Toy clearance - just nothing really exciting me... legos are mostly 15% off - esp the smaller sets. The big sets were 30% but the only one that was plentiful was that Star Wars set.

I didn't see ANY wrapping paper at any Target for 90% and not much at 70%. I actually picked up a few of the long rolls at WM today for .61 (75%). It does seem like one year will have tons of one type of thing and the next year,nothing!

Same with my stores. Last year, wrapping paper seemed to be the only thing left at 90% and there was TONS of it. This year, barely any of it left at even 70% off. Maybe they learned from last year. I didn't get a single roll in any clearance this year. Thankfully, I got 10 rolls last year and for family, we do recycle wrapping paper if the paper isn't too damaged. This year, there were tons of bows and knee high socks - I bet I won't be see any of that next year. :lol:

Same with my stores. Last year, wrapping paper seemed to be the only thing left at 90% and there was TONS of it. This year, barely any of it left at even 70% off. Maybe they learned from last year. I didn't get a single roll in any clearance this year. Thankfully, I got 10 rolls last year and for family, we do recycle wrapping paper if the paper isn't too damaged. This year, there were tons of bows and knee high socks - I bet I won't be see any of that next year. :lol:

I totally agree ... we had tons of ornaments last yr... thsi yr there were none... even at 50%...

now for the deals...

apart from what has been reported ... i found

Rice crispy treats , 8 ct box, ( found only 2) for .22 cents ... they were in the regular isle.

pj's .. just one yr from carters .. found 3T, 5T (2 sets in each) for $1.49 .. found them with the regular ones....

Megablocks ..Halo...lil silver bag ( has 2 halo figs ,2 weapons,2 blocks and collector sheet) .49 cents

also keebler cookies i think they were around 30 cents .. green box

cheers!

Rice crispy treats , 8 ct box, ( found only 2) for .22 cents ... they were in the regular isle... keebler cookies i think they were around 30 cents .. green box

Do you have a photo of the Rice Krispies and Keebler cookies (what kind?)? Or the DPCI numbers? Thanks and good finds!

### 071200612 Rice Krispies ( Box has snowflakes on it)

###071950339 Keebler ( green box with snowflakes ) they are holiday cookies...there were two different kinds.. just have dpci of one

Great, thanks so much! I looked in the food isles for holiday looking items but I'll have to double check on those. Probably gone but doesn't hurt :)

Nothing left worth mentioning at my local Targets at 70% much less 90%. Either people were spending a lot more in my area this year, or our stores seriously cut back on their ordering. I did have to run in to Target last night to pick up a few items, and on the regular aisle were two boxes of Triscuits and two boxes of Wheat Thins with snowflakes... obviously not reg. packaging. So, scanned them... yeah, full price. How crazy is that?

I was happy to get all this, and only spent about $23.00. My favorite find was the 2 huge (35 oz.) containers of cinnamon sugar almonds for $1.19. And the 9 packs of Starbucks VIA.

Those cinnamon sugar almonds are YUMMY! I have been eating them for breakfast all week!

Those cinnamon sugar almonds are YUMMY! I have been eating them for breakfast all week!

Really? I bought them for my DS14 upcoming birthday trip to Myrtle Beach, so I didn't want to open them, but last night I was telling DH that I wanted to taste them so bad it was killing me not to open them. :D I LOVE almonds!!

Really? I bought them for my DS14 upcoming birthday trip to Myrtle Beach, so I didn't want to open them, but last night I was telling DH that I wanted to taste them so bad it was killing me not to open them. :D I LOVE almonds!!

Well... You bought 2, one for now, one for the trip! :)

Finally, finally found the tape!!! No scissors though...Was really disappointed with their Christmas Clearance this year, from the first day of clearance the only wrapping paper was the Justin Beiber, no gift bags, tags, lights, trees, outdoor decorations...I did much better at WalMart !!!

Couldn't talk my 10 year old out of a PSP using her christmas money... so I had to head out to a Target quite far from me (Olathe SOUTH) to find one of only about 2 left in the city (at least at the Target stores). Guess Sony is bringing out a new hand held system soon, which sounds expensive ($250-$300) and not something that we would allow her to have. Thought we better get the old one while the getting was good!

Not such a bad trip... scads of tape in the office aisle, which was nice because I didn't have all that much luck with tape in the stores around me. Aslo found some McGuiers (sp?) car care sets for my husband. They were marked to $9 down from $30.

TONS of winter coats in the kids section. They were all marked to 50% off. Sad for retailers that stocked up on coats and boots to prepare for a snowy winter (like the past 2 years here). Now we have the "winter that wasn't". Even if we do suddenly get snow, it's soon time for retailers to to bring in spring stuff. I predict lots of good deals on coats and snow boots coming!

I found the tape that was posted here and its still 2.XX ick!

The only item that was rining up $2 for me was the 3-pack of Gift Tape ("33% Bonus). All the other items (Individual rolls, pop up dispenser, and pop up refills) were ringing $.20.

I think the key to these items is that they say right on the item $2.00. The dispensers are hanging with the regular dispensers, which sell for something like $2.54, and the refills were hanging with the regular refills, priced $1.99.

Brent

I found the tape that was posted here and its still 2.XX ick!

There's four different tapes I found yesterday:

###081-06-0868 Scotch Magic Tape, $2.00 stamp. UPC 021200466472 $.20

###081-06-0867 Scotch Gift Wrap Tape, $2.00 stamp. UPC 021200466489 $.20

###081-06-0737 Scotch Gift Wrap Tape 3pk, no $2.00 stamp. Cat.311-TG-11 $.30

###081-06-0963 Scotch Double Sided Tape, no $2.00 stamp. UPC 051141341040 $.30

HTH. I got a boat load of tape! One pair of scissors. No wrapping paper, some bows but not much. Only had a ton of candy canes and a few other misc. items.

So I went out today to 3 different stores. Got a few mini trees, some bags, more cat toys and one roll of paper. One roll for 3 stores. Found a box of parchment paper too for 29 cents. I was super happy I happened upon Christmas Story set of 4 glasses for 1.99!!

I found the Springmaid (I think) reversible quilts and shams for 70% only at one store, the others were still 30%. Fishing rod and lures 50%.

Still tons of clothes and shoes ranging from 30-70%.

I'm waiting on the zebra print fur throw to go down more it seems like it's been stuck at 30% for weeks.

Is it the Christmas blend Starbucks Via? I didn't even look for or check it, but it isn't bad. I don't like instant, but for camping or emergencies, not bad at all.

They keep bringing out more paper and ribbon at the old Pasadena store. If you are in SoCal and need it, that's your store to hit.

I got all the tape today. They brought out a box with about 40 sets of 3 packs. I gave some to a few gals around me that wanted it (whatever they wanted), and bought the rest for the elementary school. The teachers go nuts when I bring stuff like that in. Just that much less they have to spend out of pocket.

Not much else left. Picked up a bunch of the small square snowman plates and some napkins to use for the teacher snacks Monday. I have to bring in snacks for the whole staff and paper products too. They can use Christmas ones. :-)