Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Is North TX 90% yet? I've got the flu but would like to send brother/hubby out there.

Love Field Target is 90%. Not alot left. Mostly wrapping paper, bows and bags, but some odds and ends. The tape is in the office supplies. I got plenty but there was plenty left.

Any update on toys today? I saw someone post yesterday that there toys were 70% off (but they thought it was early because the store is remodeling?).

They marked a number of toys to 50% yesterday at the stores I visited, but nothing 70%. Probably in 2 weeks.

Fortunately the store I felt confident would go 90% yesterday did. They had a ton of stuff left. I was out for work all day and stopped by 3 other Targets, all were 70%, but none had much left, so those probably went today. Haven't gone out yet and don't intend to go to more than my local stores. Got what I was after and some mantle clips for mom. All is well. Oh, except that the candy stayed at 50%. That was annoying.

90% in north DFW area. Managed to get everything I wanted despite someone stealing things out of my cart and then denying it. Other than that, everyone was really sweet and helpful. No lights, trees, decor or housewares to speak of. Mostly wrapping paper, individual ornaments, gift bags, tissue, and miscellany. Found some stuff in the regular aisles. I need help for my tape/scissors/pop up tape addiction, LOL! Candy was still 50% and not much left.

Car care gift sets were 75% off on an end cap, good to squirrel away for Fathers Day.

Oaks, Pa went 90% off today. I was so glad to get lots of blue, silver & white ribbon that I had planned to get at the Malvern store yesterday (they sent everything straight to salvage instead of going 90%). DD's school colors are blue & white, and those from Texas probably know, I'm going to save them to make Homecoming mums next year. I may live in PA, but I'm a Texan...and my daughter and I are introducing Texas culture to PA.

Got two tape dispensers (someone had already got the 1 pack of tape I found last night), 3 boxes of boxers, and a set of men's slippers. Also caved and got a little bitty desktop tree for $.50, and a little cannister of chocolate covered pretzels. Yum!

Met another nice lady, and shared the tape dispensers with her, she also got 2. I love helping others find deals! :)

90% off finally here in KC. Thank goodness it didn't go earlier this week or I would have missed a lot of deals I came across while checking on the Christmas stuff!! :)

No tape or anything good like that here. I did get one box of the Kleenex hand towels, but that was it as far as "hidden deals." Mostly got little stocking stuffers for next year and some ornaments and a entry-way rug.

Oh, and last night I went back to the Wark Pkwy target because I needed something for an event that is tomorrow and swung through the toy section again. First of all, hardly anything was gone...still TONS left at 70% off. It's mostly all in the aisles...only one half of a consolodated aisle. But the big score was that I was looking AGAIN at the Legos and wondering why there were none and lo and behold I found two big Star Wars sets at 70% off. They were for sure not there in the morning...maybe they were a return? No idea, but it was my lucky day!

Twin Cities, MN - 90% off

200020593 Red Mickey Mouse serving bowl - found on an end cap in kitchen $.99 (only red one ringing 90% off)

037050169 Burts Bees Lip balm $.29 found in travel size section

081060028 Scotch scissors $.50 found in regular area

081060867 Scotch tape $.20 found in regular area

087061752 Cars Squinkies $.49 found on toy end cap

90% Off Tacoma and Federal Way

Found a 52" snowman for outside for 7.99 at Tacoma, left a couple of snowmen and a couple deer

Both Tacoma and Federal Way had trees

Lots of bows, ornaments and whatnot at both.

Tacoma has a nice endcap of Hannukah wrap and supplies - the silver bags with embossed stars look good for birthdays to me.

Federal Way had Hazelnut Bodycology sets on an endcap in beauty - no marking - no clearance - nothing

Scanned at .99

It's two items, in a plastic package, with a PINK ribbon. Looks very Valentine's to me! :D

They marked a number of toys to 50% yesterday at the stores I visited, but nothing 70%. Probably in 2 weeks.

Fortunately the store I felt confident would go 90% yesterday did. They had a ton of stuff left. I was out for work all day and stopped by 3 other Targets, all were 70%, but none had much left, so those probably went today. Haven't gone out yet and don't intend to go to more than my local stores. Got what I was after and some mantle clips for mom. All is well. Oh, except that the candy stayed at 50%. That was annoying.

I would love to know which stores were 90%. I worked all day yesterday so only went to the Pasadena east store after work and they were still 70% and not much left.

Edited by Sedonahiker
typo

90% in north DFW area. Managed to get everything I wanted despite someone stealing things out of my cart and then denying it.

Gotta hold onto that cart at all times. Leave it unattended and it happens every time. People filling carts and leaving them alone, the carts tend to look like go-backs carts. I know I always go through them.

I would love to know which stores were 90%. I worked all day yesterday so only went to the Pasadena east store after work and they were still 70% and not much left.

There isn't much left today. Yesterday the only store that went 90% was the old Pasadena store. I was at East Pas, Duarte & Rosemead yesterday and all were still 70%. East Pas is 90% today.

Found the scissors (two pairs) today! Also, three of the pop up tape dispensers were there that were definitely not there on Tuesday (I bought three that day). Guess they were a return. Does anyone know if they will let you return and re-buy? I did that over the summer with a board game. I did not have to grab another one off the shelf, they actually let me just return it and re-buy it at customer service for the lower price. Wondering if the same is true for seasonal clearance. If so, I bought some stuff on Tuesday at 70% off that I could now get for 90% off. Heading there anyway so I will give it a try and update whether they will let me do it or not.

Does anyone know if they will let you return and re-buy? I did that over the summer with a board game. I did not have to grab another one off the shelf, they actually let me just return it and re-buy it at customer service for the lower price.

Not generally. A handful of states allow you to do it by state law, but otherwise they'll only give you the current selling price on seasonal if you return it for any reason other than it doesn't work.

90% off here, lots of people (not like other areas), the three light sets I saw yesterday were gone (no surprise) but got my 32 boughs of garland that I need for our fence, I was the only one with garland LOL, did find a couple of other things like the scissors (thank you for the barcode beginning numbers, it was in the back of the rack, lots, I got 4) they rang up .50, got some tower boxes with popcorn etc in them, I am using them for homemade goodies next year since they stack, thought they were cute. Dog Biscuit kits and Pancake batter kits, that was about it that I was interested in (besides things that were already gone). Missed out, someone got my snowflakes that attach to the windows....

Both my stores were 90% today, finally got out since Ive been sick all week. One store only had one tiny endcap, and my other store had about 2 aisles left of bows, tissue paper, wrapping paper, and gift bags. I bought a few of each. One store had a few tins for goodies and I picked up a few of those as well.

As far as toys most of the toys were at 50%. A VERY small few were 70% off so Im thinking next week. Selection at both stores were about the same. ALOT of cars items so I will hopefully be able to stock up for my son. As far as girl stuff there was not really anything my dd's would love but since they are getting older they are a bit pickier. Was bummed though, last week they had a TON of disney princess castles at 30% off, I was gonna hold until 50% to buy but since Ive been sick all week I havent been out, they were all gone! There were still a few of those kitchens left.

If you look at the barcode, the ones that start with 5114 are clearanced and the ones that ring up as $5 start with 5113.

Sadly none of ours were on clearance, I found both numbers at different stores but all rand up full price at scanner.

I managed to get lots of wine bags, a ton of mens boxers and the ice scraper I wanted for my brother. Also found a gift wrap pack with a loaded tape dispenser, along with 2 extra rolls and a paper cutter for .90, along with a huge rawhide bone, a mrs claus type dress for bella and the green sweater I bought at 70% that can now be returned :)

Need to look at receipt as I picked up some womens socks and at least one rang up something not 90% off. It was taped so may have had a retag sticker.

I am always amazed from reading others' posts how different stores have such varied items!

I never saw any of the items some of you have mentioned (the Christmas hands free soap dispenser e.g) nor the clearanced tape and scissors (I stocked up last year and still have a ton left) but it's fun to look.

Not only that,but different stores in the same city have totally different things!

It's like they got together and decided that one store would have ten million bags and another store would have tons of bows left over!

:slaphappy

Sadly none of ours were on clearance, I found both numbers at different stores but all rand up full price at scanner.

I managed to get lots of wine bags, a ton of mens boxers and the ice scraper I wanted for my brother. Also found a gift wrap pack with a loaded tape dispenser, along with 2 extra rolls and a paper cutter for .90, along with a huge rawhide bone, a mrs claus type dress for bella and the green sweater I bought at 70% that can now be returned :)

Need to look at receipt as I picked up some womens socks and at least one rang up something not 90% off. It was taped so may have had a retag sticker.

were the men's boxers with christmas items? All I saw were sleep shorts, my son likes boxers but I didn't look over in mens....

Edited by Stowasser

men's boxers were on a display(various shelves) in men's department along with ice scraper, gift card mazes and the tire pressure gauge. I'd never seen them before yesterday and I guess nobody knew to check there. There was no clearance sign today but since they were 70%off yesterday figured I'd check. Its a clear plastic box of 3 regular 12.99 now 1.29, most of the boxes have 1 obvious christmas one with others looking interchangeable. 1 store had the display right towards the front and the other had it towards the back. One of the stores seemed to have salvaged all Christmas stuff but must have forgotten about these and they were pretty organized.

Links below to underwear packs, Remember they're stored in a clear plastic box. I also saw some single ones in character tins but didn't bother checking since they didn't ring up w/christmas stuff last year and only semi interesting one "call of duty".

link1

link2

link3-didn't see these in store

link4-only a few of these

Edited by tinkrbel

men's boxers were on a display(various shelves) in men's department along with ice scraper, gift card mazes and the tire pressure gauge. I'd never seen them before yesterday and I guess nobody knew to check there. There was no clearance sign today but since they were 70%off yesterday figured I'd check. Its a clear plastic box of 3 regular 12.99 now 1.29, most of the boxes have 1 obvious christmas one with others looking interchangeable. 1 store had the display right towards the front and the other had it towards the back. One of the stores seemed to have salvaged all Christmas stuff but must have forgotten about these and they were pretty organized.

Links below to underwear packs, Remember they're stored in a clear plastic box. I also saw some single ones in character tins but didn't bother checking since they didn't ring up w/christmas stuff last year and only semi interesting one "call of duty".

link1

link2

well I will check back over there, yes Call of Duty or Gears of War would be a big hit....

link1

link2

Dang those are cute!

Too bad my sons only wear boxer briefs.

I found a Gears of War3 in a metal tin sleep short that rang up for $1.29 (so 90% off) but had to put it back because I doubted my boys would wear it.

In the men's dept. I saw some woven boxers (Christmas patterns) hanging on the pegs but at only 50% off.

I am always amazed from reading others' posts how different stores have such varied items!

I never saw any of the items some of you have mentioned (the Christmas hands free soap dispenser e.g) nor the clearanced tape and scissors (I stocked up last year and still have a ton left) but it's fun to look.

Not only that,but different stores in the same city have totally different things!

It's like they got together and decided that one store would have ten million bags and another store would have tons of bows left over!

:slaphappy

...and remember the days when there was so much wrapping paper left at 90% off? I am so glad I stockpiled because for the past 2 years there has barely been any left at 75% off. I know a lot of people use gift bags, but we still use wrapping for the kids' gifts under the tree. I didn't see any wrapping paper left anywhere when I popped into the cmas aisles this week.

I managed to repurchase 2 rolls of wrapping paper I'd bought mom's bff plus another 3. And I remembered seeing some outdoor rugs in the regular section and sure enough they were still there. Plus I found some cd's over by the music playing machine by regular gift wrapping aisle.

Overall I'm really happy, we get to return the wine bags (and a few other things) we'd bought previously (since we now have 3 for the price of 1) AND I found the dress I wanted for Bella along with some other dog toys I'd never seen before.

I was really surprised this year by how much stock varies from store to store. The furthest away store had dog stuff in the dollar section up front whereas none of the others did. I think our stores went overboard buying cat toys for chr-stmas since they were still bringing out boxes of the stuff.

Edited by tinkrbel