Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

The Mission Target (the one off of Sh.Mission Pkwy and Metcalf) was marking ALL of their clearance shoes to 70% off this mornign. There are nearly 6 aisles full of shoes. I almsot died...I had to force myself to walk away after picking out 7 pair.

Christmas still 70% off though.

OH MY! HOW AWESOME! They were in shoes marking down but never thought to look to see what percent! Now I have to go back and check mine out!

Don't remember seeing this posted... Cheap scissors (Scotch Precision) that (I guess) must be holiday. I have only found them in the regular aisle. Regularly $5; ringing at $1.50. If stores go to 90% tomorrow, you might find some REALLY cheap:) OH, but you MUST look for the added on sticker over the UPC. The UPC number is 51141 93884. There are some identical ones that have a different UPC. Those ring up $5. Colors I saw are red and teal only. If you want the DPCI... 081060028. Happy Hunting!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XdDDdHlgL._AA300_.jpg

Oh, and I found some of these just hanging out by the regular oreos in the cookie aisle. They ring up 89 cents and THEY ARE GOOD!! I guess these were the holiday oreos?? I wasn't familiar with the holiday oreo packaging, so I wasn't too sure. I scanned them to make sure before taking them up. They are packaged a bit differently than usual oreos.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XKR759jiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Okay...talked with a representative at Target today and I was told that the Christmas Clearance would NOT be going 90%, the lowest they would ever go from this point on would be 80%. How strange...seems everyone is being told something different! It is still at 70% at this point. Just don't know what to think. Christmas clearance at our local store has always been 90% off by this date...

Okay...talked with a representative at Target today and I was told that the Christmas Clearance would NOT be going 90%, the lowest they would ever go from this point on would be 80%. How strange...seems everyone is being told something different! It is still at 70% at this point. Just don't know what to think. Christmas clearance at our local store has always been 90% off by this date...

I guess it's YMMV since junkietiger14 posted above that hers is already 90% off. I am hoping mine will go 90% off tomorrow.

I can't go shopping tomorrow so I went today. I got some of all the usual stuff like Softsoap, SOLO plates, toffee popcorn, candy, Scotch tape, Snickerdoodle cookie mix, Funfetti frosting, Starbucks coffee, Nivea giftset, and the Aveeno double pack shanpoo/conditioner. Thanks to everyone for all their help!!

Selena

I guess it's YMMV since junkietiger14 posted above that hers is already 90% off. I am hoping mine will go 90% off tomorrow.

I wonder if her store was one of the stores that went 75% off, instead of 70%? I thought it was really odd that most stores went 70% this year, that is why I tend to believe the representative that told me it would be 80% this year. I will check first thing tomorrow and see.

I wonder if her store was one of the stores that went 75% off, instead of 70%? I thought it was really odd that most stores went 70% this year, that is why I tend to believe the representative that told me it would be 80% this year. I will check first thing tomorrow and see.

Hello! :wave: it's me... nope, my store went to 70% this year (no more 75% off for us). We are following the same schedule as everyone else - we only go to 70% for regular clearance stuff and for the Christmas clearance, we were at 70% since last Thursday, and today it was 90% - and signs said 90% as well this morning. With all this talk... it makes me want to go back tonight and make one final check with the 90% off... I'm sure there's nothing good left by now but it's the last 90% sale - I gotta be thorough... :( :(

sounds like bs. they rarely have a clue about markdowns even in the store. it is possible, but I seriously doubt it. They don't mark regular merchandise down further because they have an outlet by way of stores like Goodwill, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc. that buy up salvage at a % on the dollar and will take whatever. Those stores tend not to want the holiday merchandise because by the time it gets to salvage it is worth very little and they have to store it for a year, so not worth their while. That means Target doesn't have a ready salvage outlet for it, so they get what they can in-store. Most everything sells at 90%, so they are better off. The 70% thing is new for all departments. They probably figured the extra 5% is worth it given what they are salvaging for. Electronics used to go to 75%, but most stores seem able to salvage for more than 70%, so they only go to 50% most of the time (by no means all the time or on all items), but there is a lot more demand for salvage at a higher price, so that explains why they are not going as low as in the past. But I won't believe the change from 90% till I see it.

I can't go shopping tomorrow so I went today. I got some of all the usual stuff like Softsoap, SOLO plates, toffee popcorn, candy, Scotch tape, Snickerdoodle cookie mix, Funfetti frosting, Starbucks coffee, Nivea giftset, and the Aveeno double pack shanpoo/conditioner. Thanks to everyone for all their help!!

Selena

Anyone know much about the camping markdowns? I've been eying the airbeds and so far they've been at 50% for almost a month!

i don't know when it will be marked down again but i asked yesterday and he said it'll be on a thursday. at least that might save you trips friday-wednesday! :)

I don't believe the "no 90%" rumors. Halloween went to 90% off...I think that people ask employees and those employees either don't know or they don't want to tell people that there will be a better price in 2 days, so they say "no...this is as low as it's going." But I will believe it when I see it.

Agreed. Everyone keeps saying no more 90%. Be patient, just like every year. Halloween went 90% this year and if they didn't, then I could understand the speculations. And thanks HansieDZ for looking up the January 5th date from when it went last year. For those stores that went 70% on Friday should be 90% tomorrow and those that it went last Saturday (which is me) will go 90% on Friday.

Agreed. Everyone keeps saying no more 90%. Be patient, just like every year. Halloween went 90% this year and if they didn't, then I could understand the speculations. And thanks HansieDZ for looking up the January 5th date from when it went last year. For those stores that went 70% on Friday should be 90% tomorrow and those that it went last Saturday (which is me) will go 90% on Friday.

I imagine it will be tomorrow. Overheard several managers yesterday (one of our stores does a lot of training and district meetings upstairs) and they were surprised it hadn't gone 90% yet and said all she knew was that it was supposed to salvage on the 11th (which seems late).

I have been sick all week and havent had a chance to go to Target since last Friday, Im going tomorrow and hoping it will be 90! Anyone find anything good hidden that we should be looking out for? I know there are always little thing in other aisles that I forget about!

*#%!! Just got to Malvern Target - they've already pulled ALL the Christmas stuff off for salvage!!! I managed to find a couple of Harry Potter Lego sets at the register. Going to try Exton next.

Leaving my store now. Still 70%. Marksown lady said no 90%...straight to salvage

Still 70% but I got a chance to look at lots of clearance throughout the store.

Found some Axe gift sets for $6.98 and I used the $3 off coupon so not bad for 2 bottles of Excite

shower gel,a detailer,and an LED flashlight lol.

At least I know where I'll be tomorrow morning at 8 ;)

Incidentally,the stores here went 70% last Saturday.