* Official Black Friday DIGITAL CAMERA Thread *

i-bystander

I personally own the Kodak Z740, which is a step below. Mine is 5mp and I think the Z760 is 6pm. It's a more professional looking camera and you can get quite a few lens adapters. The buttons and features on it are VERY easy to use. Also it fits great in your hand. The only downside (which I don't mind at all) it's a tad heavier than most digital cameras.

I absolutely LOVE my camera. I got it a while back for $379, it wasn't on sale, but it did come with the printer dock.

That's a great price. I would definitely buy it again.

What is the lag time on this camera? I have an older olypus and the lag time is a KILLER I am looking for something that has little to no lag time for moving picture shots. Can someone suggest one for me?

Tina

How do you guys find out before the ads are in, what Best Buy will have. I had asked them, and they told me the flyers for the ad are under a sealed box. Do you really think they will have the Kodak 360 for 129.

Judy

judy, after some shopping around the better buy is the kodak z760...just thought you'd like to know

if i'm wrong with this PLEASE tell me...i am going to Walmart for this at 5AM

What is the lag time on this camera? I have an older olypus and the lag time is a KILLER I am looking for something that has little to no lag time for moving picture shots. Can someone suggest one for me?

Tina

My camera (Kodak z740 in comparison with z760 being offered on BF) has a burst mode where it will take 4 pictures consecutively. Recovery time from this is very minimal, so you can snap lots of photos really quick.

It also has a sports mode for moving subjects. These would be single shots only.

Again, all these features are really easy to find/use.

The Kodaks are easy to use and decent quality. With dell putting the Canon A520 on sale for $135 in the past...I wouldn't recomend the C360 over the a520 for most people. If Dell or another retailer puts the A520 onsale again for that price, it would be a better choice.

I would personally never buy a Kodak.

Target has recently been posted and they have a Fuji E510. I've used it for a short ammount of time and has no problems, but I was curious as to if any of you had any thoughts on value and use from the camera.

PS focuscamera.com has the same camera for about the BF price. Any suggestions?

Opinions please: I am planning on getting a digital camera for my 13 y.o. daughter. Sears has the Canon A410 3.2MP for $139 this week and I have a 10% off coupon making it $125 w/o tax. I know that Costco has the Pentax 6.0 with a $50 coupon BF (but they've pulled it off their website so I can't confirm the price.) I am thinking that I should just get the Canon this week as she really doesn't need "more" than the A410 in a camera and if she does I have the Canon a95 and DH has the Rebel EOS XT. Any insights or suggestions here? Am I thinking straight? Thanks!

judy, after some shopping around the better buy is the kodak z760...just thought you'd like to know

if i'm wrong with this PLEASE tell me...i am going to Walmart for this at 5AM

In Consumer Reports the Kodak Z700 is rated number 2. Its at Kmart on Thanksgiving.

CanonA510 is number 1 in CR.

I just bought my second Kodak camera, and have had terrific luck with them. I spent a fair amount of time researching cameras, and ended up back with Kodak. They are extremely user-friendly, and the picture quality is fantastic. I just purchased the Z740, and gave my old model, which still works fine, to my mother.

If you are looking for a first time camera for someone, Target has the best deal on BF with a Kodak 5MP at $89. With 5 MP, you can crop pictures and not lose too much resolution. The Kodak printers are great, too!

The Z740 has a 10x optical zoom, which is great for bringing far away subjects much closer. I think it normaly retails now for $299. I also considered the Kodak V530, which is a cool looking camera with great features, but less zoom (3x optical). It is also $299. Good luck!

Tina

I also have an older Olympus and have the same problem - otherwise I do like the camera - it's lasted through 3 years of use and abuse - will there be any newer models on Black Friday.

My camera (Kodak z740 in comparison with z760 being offered on BF) has a burst mode where it will take 4 pictures consecutively. Recovery time from this is very minimal, so you can snap lots of photos really quick.

It also has a sports mode for moving subjects. These would be single shots only.

Again, all these features are really easy to find/use.

Thank you so much for replying! Ok the Kodak is for me this year:)

Tina

does any body have any suggestions on which camera i should get. i am an amateur photographer i would really like to print up to a4 but i don't know anything about digital i use film. and by the way i only got $250 i think the kokak z760 is my best choice but what do you guys think. oh i wouldn't mind being able to record video

Hello All.

Last year I got a Kodak camera in BF (5MP) and I have had very good pictures AND videos taken from this camera. Unfortunately, I lost it in February and a few months later I bought a HP (m307 I beleive) and before I used it for one week, I returned to the store because the video quality was very bad comparing with the video that you got from the Kodak camera. I will take the Kodak Z760 this BF.

I like the option for making the pictures for sharing by email so when you connect the camera to the computer to download the pictures, It automatically send the ones you choose for sharing.

You can find just about everything you would want to know about cameras from dcresource.com/ They have reveiws on just about all the cameras. They have an active message board where you can find out the good and bad on each camera and tips for good photography too. They also have a forum where people post where and where not to buy a camera.

I have a Kodak from a couple years ago - I love it! It is extremely user friendly although mine is old and does not have a zoom. This year I am going to get a bigger one, and am planning on a Kodak again. I am debating which is better, the Z700 for 197.00 at Kmart or the Z760 at Walmart for 199.00. I use mine with kids and do a lot of cropping for scrapbooking. The old camera works fine as long as I am able to be in their faces when I take a picture but if I have to crop it in much it gets very grainy. Maybe the 4 and 5 MP won't do that, but I don't know which is better, 4 MP and 5x zoom or 6.1MP and 3x zoom. Please help!

Okay, I have a somewhat different dilemma: my parents go to FL every winter, and my dad always insists on taking his Polaroid camera with him, as he hates waiting for all the film to be used up in a camera then wait for it to be developed. So I thought a digital camera would be a great solution for them! However, they are in their 60's and are NOT (and have no plans to be) computer-literate :( .

So first, I would like suggestions for a digital camera for them that is:

a) easy to use

B) takes fairly good print quality pics

c) can easily be attached to one of the no-computer-needed printers and to the Kodak PictureMaker (like they have in Wal-Mart and some grocery and drug stores)

Second, I'd like feedback on the no-computer-needed printers: are they worth the money? How easy/hard are they to use? What is the best one for my parents' situation (at home and in their camper in FL)?

Oh, one last thing: my dad is a right arm amputee, so any camera that works well left-handed would be a huge plus! :g_thumble TIA!!