Best Buy unable to fill some online orders / cancelling orders - merged

dcard2000

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what I do when they pull this maneuver:

Complain until they cave and give you a $5 credit toward another purchase. It is a small, but effective leveraging tool when dealing with price mistakes. Buy.com and Overstock.com are known for pricing errors, and the credit will stay in your account until you need it for that next Bluray purchase.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/december/361317/Best-Buy-unable-to-fill-some-online-orders

They weren't the customers camping out for Black Friday, but that doesn't mean they didn't have some stiff competition for those big ticket items online.

Hundreds of customers may be hitting the stores anyway as the retailer announces they will not be able to fill some online orders.

From cameras to laptops to consoles, Best Buy is backing out of countless orders, just days before Christmas.

Customers are venting on the company's official community forum, claiming the gifts they'd paid for they thought they could check off their shopping lists were backordered and ultimately canceled.

Best Buy released this statement on the matter:

"Due to overwhelming demand of hot product offerings on BestBuy.com during the November and December time period, we have encountered a situation that has affected redemption of some of our customers' online orders.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we have notified the affected customers.

On Best Buy's website, they are still trying to attract buyers, with special prices revealed in a sale at Midnight.

They say if you order online before 3 p.m. Christmas Eve, you can get free same day store pickup with Guaranteed Christmas Delivery.

No doubt the online overload means many of those customers will be now be in the store, scouring the shelves for last-minute replacements or substitutes.

Best Buy is sending me a $50 GC for my canceled camera, just got the email. While it stinks I won't have that present for my son to open, it is a great gesture on Best Buys part.

I am very pleased to see they are making an effort to satisfy consumers and I never called or emailed to complain to them. I know I read they are taking alot of flak in the news for cancellations, but this is a step in the right direction and I will not hesitate to shop there in the future now.

I ordered two of the $179 laptops, one for each of my kids for Christmas. One came in two weeks ago, and the other is still on backorder. I got an email yesterday saying that if it isn't in stock in 10 days, they will cancel it. This is a real bummer because these were my kiddos Christmas presents. I can't give one a laptop and the other ?????? I live 2 hours away from the nearest WalMart and 3 hours away from the nearest mall. I don't know what I am going to do! I am really bummed! I haven't received an email offering a giftcard...hopefully I will if they cancel my order! :)

I saw a news story similar to the original posters story. I think it is very sad that it has taken them this long to realize that they do not have the items that people ordered especially as far back as Nov. I am glad that they are offering some sort of compensation but that doesn't help too much at this point in time with it being 2 days from Christmas.

I ordered two of the $179 laptops, one for each of my kids for Christmas. One came in two weeks ago, and the other is still on backorder. I got an email yesterday saying that if it isn't in stock in 10 days, they will cancel it. This is a real bummer because these were my kiddos Christmas presents. I can't give one a laptop and the other ?????? I live 2 hours away from the nearest WalMart and 3 hours away from the nearest mall. I don't know what I am going to do! I am really bummed! I haven't received an email offering a giftcard...hopefully I will if they cancel my order! :)

I'm still waiting on my laptop too. I got the same email :(.