Holiday Clearance

NicM87

I picked up 7 rolls of gift wrap today at Wal-Mart for 50% off. I went to three Wal-Mart's and all still had a lot of holiday items.

I also went to Dollar Tree, Target, CVS, and Walgreens which all had their holiday items at 50% off.

I too wonder when things will hit 75% off. At that point, could you price adjust holiday items you bought at 50% off? Or is that a no-no?

Our Walmart was still only 50% and they have a ton of stuff left. The entire garden department is still full. I hit up Walgreens too, ironically this was my best buy last year for wrapping supplies. They are only 50% still and really picked through. Except candy, they had a lot of 50% off candy.

Our Target was 70% off today, and I got some ornaments and tissue paper there.

The only wrapping paper they had left was Justin Beiber and no packs of boxes. Another item I usually get after Christmas for next year.

According to the employees at Walmarts in my area Christmas paper and ornaments (items still at 50% off) should be 75% off either Monday or Tuesday. This is in Chesapeake VA.

I have stocked up on a lot of things for birthdays, 2012 stockings, and even next Christmas. I am still hoping to score a few things at Target if it goes to 90% if not that's okay too.

Sears and Kmart both went 75% today. Kinda bummed the tree skirt me and mom's bff wanted from Sears was sold out but got a different all red one from Kmart. Managed to walk out of Kmart with only the 2 skirts, 2 packs of gold bows and 2 container of jungle bell ornaments:) We're set for the tree to be put up in either gold, red or silver next year. I think we may go red or silver since we're still missing a gold tree skirt/tree topper.

I got packs of ornaments at Wal-Mart today that we're originally $3.27 and were ringing up .25. Quite a steal!

You need to post this in the WalMart thread :)

I'd say you were in the right place at the right time!

I've hit their Halloween clearance like that before and just kinda lost my mind lol

:cheesy:

You need to post this in the WalMart thread :)

I'd say you were in the right place at the right time!

I've hit their Halloween clearance like that before and just kinda lost my mind lol

:cheesy:

Oh! I didn't even know there was a Walmart thread! I'll look for it. :)

Our Kmart is still 75% off. I bought my tree today. I've been looking for one a few years, but never hit the right time. I called and they said they had about a dozen trees left. I bought the most expensive one. It's a Jaclyn Smith 7.5 foot Sherman Pine with clear lights and a rotating stand. I am so excited. No more Charlie Brown real trees. I will go to pick it up Friday, didn't hve time yesterday. If they have marked theirs to 90 when I get there, I will just return it and rebuy at lower price.

Our Kmart is still 75% off. I bought my tree today. I've been looking for one a few years, but never hit the right time. I called and they said they had about a dozen trees left. I bought the most expensive one. It's a Jaclyn Smith 7.5 foot Sherman Pine with clear lights and a rotating stand. I am so excited. No more Charlie Brown real trees. I will go to pick it up Friday, didn't hve time yesterday. If they have marked theirs to 90 when I get there, I will just return it and rebuy at lower price.

My Kmart still had trees left yesterday. I was so surprised. You would think they would be gone at that price. I bought my 7.5 Martha Stewart prelit with color lights 2 years ago or I would have bought one at 90% off for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
My Lowes was taking an extra 75% off all christmas stuff today. I picked up outdoor full size fall and winter flags for $1 (originally 15.99). The wrapping paper holder was 2.24 (originally 8.98). I found the one set of LED dancing lights for 2.81 (marked 44.00 - rang up 75% off and he gave me another 25% off!).

• 2 weeks later...

All Christmas clearance at Dollar General is 25 cents! Sale started today.

All Christmas clearance is now a DIME at DG!

As you can imagine,there is precious little left,but I managed to find a 2 pack of curly ribbon bows (blue) which I can use throughout the year.

I got a chuckle out of buying Christmas stuff in February!