Is it just me or?

tokanm

I have never baked my own Christmas goodies since my MIL lives with us and she does all the baking. This has been fun and different since she always bakes the same recipes every year. I made the grinch cookies posted above. They are yummy!! I also made eggnog cookies, M&M oatmeal bars and mexican wedding cookies that I found on a website listed in another thread. I still have to do the reindeer noses, saltine toffee candy, praline pecans and cranberries, almost almond joy bars, eggnog bundt cake, holiday eggnog bread, and applesauce cake. I found all these recipes on the same website. Actually, I think it was more of a blog. The link is http://www.mommyskitchen.net/ and I found all the recipes on it.

Today I made the saltine toffee stuff, and the almond joy bars from mommys kitchen:)

Ohhh how were the Almond Joy bars to make? How did they taste? My two favorite candy bars are Zero (which are very hard to find here) and Almond Joys. This could potentially become a problem, lol

I made ginger snaps and homemade marshmellows without high fructse corn syrup. Going to attempt hard tack tomorrow morning. Crochet a scarve, dish clothes and afghan, sewed a chair cushion and pillow. Not as much as usual, cant get into the season this year. Have the holiday blues I guess

Ohhh how were the Almond Joy bars to make? How did they taste? My two favorite candy bars are Zero (which are very hard to find here) and Almond Joys. This could potentially become a problem, lol

Not very well Im afraid. Im not much of a baker but it seemed the chocolate was too thick. I added those little white chocolate thinning pieces, but still no luck getting it right. Any tips from anyone else on these?