Help! Need gift ideas for girls 10 & 12 years old.

Kim3498

I don't see the girls very often and don't really know what they like. Most of the girls in the family love Monster High (which is what I bought them), but the older one has outgrown toys and the younger one does not like Monster High, so I need suggestions. The only thing I have come up with so far is clothes or jewelry or makeup . They are both very girlie. TIA. Edited by Kim3498

Are their ears pierced? You could find a stylish pair of small hoops by trifari at Kohl's Trifari is NICE fashion jewelry.

If not girls like stretch bracelets...

DO they have cells or ipods? You could buy them a new case? screen protector? Is there any way you can get any info from the parents?

Trendy slippers, slipper socks. Mirrors/small erase board for school locker....

Lip balm, Candy like lifesavers, gum, etc can always be appreciated to put in the purse--how about a new cute purse? try out

kohl's? Target they are affordable there?

Do either wear glasses? New glasses case?

Small electronic handheld game (do they have those for girls?, not sure)

Some great ideas already. Yes, their ears are peirced. I love the idea of earrings, and a purse. I am also considering BBW lotion, body gel, sanitizer, and lipgloss to fill a purse. I know the 12 year old does wear makeup, but grandma bought her a nice set from Justice. They both really like jewelry, too. I bought them initial sterling silver necklaces last year and their dad told me they have worn them everyday since last Christmas.

Okay, I have a 4 daughters. My oldest is 20 and definitely never a girly girl so she's no help. My 9 year old LOVES make up and she wants a make up mannequin. Not one of those fake barbie heads but a head that they use in beauty school so that she can practice her makeup skills (how cute is that??) so I think make up and a book/magazine that teaches appropriate and good make up skills for young girls. At this age they are itching to be teenagers and are terrified they are going to look stupid doing it. Maybe a magazine subscription to a teeny bopper magazine? I would have loved that when I was that age. She also loves anything that has sequins and sparkles (go to justice if you have one) they have cute scarves and purses and all kinds of hair do jobies and sunglasses and outfits everything a 10 and 12 year old girl need to be thrilled. Do they have a DS? Mine is getting new games for hers and a new case. Do they have ipods? An itunes giftcard. Or simply a visa gift card. Girls at that age love to feel like big stuff and getting their own visa card is COOL! I also found these neat pencil toppers on Amazon called Kachooz that you spin and their hair gets all crazy. Makes school more interesting. My daughter also loves bath and body I stick with sweet light scents b/c kids that age tend to overdo the application and give everyone a headache b/c they are still learning. I'm also giving her a spinning facial brush and a sonic toothbrush just like I have I got great deals on those on drugstore.com again making her feel like a teenager and helping to instill good hygiene now to prevent teenage issues (bad skin from not cleaning bad breath from not brushing). Good luck just think what would help them prepare to be a teenager b/c at that age that's what they are starting to think about :)

Wow, thanks. Alot of great ideas. I plan on making a trip to Justice this weekend. They do have a DS, but the 12 year old let her little brother carry it off, and he has lost it and the 10 year old just doesn't take that much interest in it.

Kohls has has some sterling silver diamond earrings 1/10 so the are small diamonds for 29.99 and with 30 % off the would be a nice piece of jewelry for that age.

Awesome. I am going by Kohls when I head to JC, TN this weekend, as I got the 30% off coupon through the mail. Too chicken to attempt ordering from them this late. My last online order took forever. I really think they would love some cutesy earrings, or possibly a bracelet. Some great ideas so far. Keep em coming, please......

Another item that goes well with earrings is an earring tree. They have some really cute ones out, and they're widely available. I've seen them at justice, jc penney, kohls, and claires.

Great idea!

OP,I'd think they'd love a gift card to any girlie type place: Claire's, Bath and Body Works, or Justice for example.

"Girly girls" are easy to shop for,imo!