Any ideas what to give to a veterinarian?

Shelby1985

My vet has done SOO much for me and my pets this year, especially the past month. My youngest cat had to be put down on November 19th and my vet knew I was strained for money since I'm a college student, so she didn't charge me 150 dollars for surgery she did on my cat to try to save her. I want to say thank you by doing something for her for Christmas but really have no idea what to give her to show my appreciation. I figured you all would have some great ideas!

First, I wanted to thank you for being so thoughtful and appreciative-- being in any kind of service business can seem like a thankless job sometimes!

I like the idea of hand lotion, especially if you can find one that's really moisturizing, long-lasting, & not heavily scented so she could use it at work without bothering the animals or other humans. And since I'm sure she spends many hours on her feet each day, maybe something nice for her feet, too-- like those really soft, lotion-infused socks?? Then if you wanted to add a little something else, a little container of bath salts or bubble bath might be nice, so she can relax after a long day's work... :)

Or you could call and talk to one of her office assistants and see if they had any suggestions/ideas... ;)

huh...I woulda thought that a veterinarian's office would be using udder cream for a hand lotion.....

Anyways....*MY* vet (and her tech) always enjoy a good bottle of scotch!

Barring that....a really nice book to give to your veterinarian's office is a book called "Animal Rites" By Andrew Lindzey. It is a care of the sick book, like your priest/pastor would have, except it is for animals. Has all types and prayers and blessings, and yes, even a funeral rite for animals in all circumstances. Very helpful for all the things that happen in a vet's office. And very respectful for those that love animals.