Lenovo $179 laptop problems

jamieva

Ok need to change my opinion on it. I had installed AVG and it was blocking everything without me knowing. I decided to uninstall it last night to see what happens and voila! it works.

Only complaint is battery life is very short otherwise I really like it. I like that they didn't pre load a bunch of junk software on it.

Stay away from AVS (the free version anyway). Go with Avast! (you can use it free for a year). It finds stuff that AVS doesn't and isn't near the hog on resources. Haven't opened the Lenovo yet as it is a Christmas present for a family that we know that's going through some tough economic times but it's good to see the problem wasn't with the laptop.

Stay away from AVS (the free version anyway). Go with Avast! (you can use it free for a year). It finds stuff that AVS doesn't and isn't near the hog on resources. Haven't opened the Lenovo yet as it is a Christmas present for a family that we know that's going through some tough economic times but it's good to see the problem wasn't with the laptop.

Better yet, use Microsoft Security Essentials. It gets great reviews and its FREE! It integrates perfectly with Windows 7 and like Avast, it's not a system hog (like Norton Anti-virus and some others). I don't even know it's running. Microsoft did a good job on this one.

Microsoft Security Essentials