Upcoming Avatar Changes

Brad

It's been a few years since we've updated the "stock" avatars that the forum has built-in and so it's about time we give them a facelift.

So, for those of you who have at least 25 posts (and therefore have the ability to have a custom avatar), if you are currently using one of the "stock" avatars, I'd suggest you save it to your computer just in case yours is one that doesn't make the cut. If you log in one day and see you don't have an avatar, you can re-upload it and all will be well (or just choose a new one if you aren't too attached to the old one).

If you have less than 25 posts (and therefore can't have a custom avatar yet), you really don't have much of a choice. If your avatar goes away, you'll have to select a new one. We'll do our best to keep the more popular ones, but a lot of them (like the sport team logos) will get updates, so you'll have to re-select your favorite team with the new design.

If anyone has any suggestions for new categories to add, feel free to post here. We'll likely make these changes in the next week.

To change your avatar or view the categories available, go here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/profile.php?do=editavatar&categoryid=3

Updated NHL logos would be great.... I'd really like this one, but these ideas below also floated into my brain:

CLASSIC Movie shots? GWTW, Shining, E.T. ?

Avatars pertaining to Shopping... ?

How about some "mood" type faces as an avatar, smile, frown, tongue sticking out?

and ahem, Keith Urban :tongue1: but I don't think I'm gonna get that one....

All of you who've replied have well over 25 posts, so you could have pretty much any avatar you want right now. Just go into your profile and change it. No need to wait for me to add them to the forum's "library" of avatars.

All of you who've replied have well over 25 posts, so you could have pretty much any avatar you want right now. Just go into your profile and change it. No need to wait for me to add them to the forum's "library" of avatars.

:shock: oh I thought the thread was saying that you were/staff were introducing a bunch of new ones for us to choose from...sometimes I have trouble getting an avatar that fits gottadeals requirements, it is small...

:shock: oh I thought the thread was saying that you were/staff were introducing a bunch of new ones for us to choose from...sometimes I have trouble getting an avatar that fits gottadeals requirements, it is small...

Right, we're adding a bunch that anyone can choose from (some were added tonight, more to come). But if you have at least 25 posts you can upload a custom avatar of whatever you'd like. Just make sure its small enough (requirements are listed on the "edit avatar" page) and isn't animated.

Edit Avatar: http://forums.gottadeal.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

How about some new 'Post Icons'? Maybe an Amazon one or the Walmart 'star' and such. That way you can add it to go with the store your deal is found at. Something new besides the 19 we have now would be nice (Flames for a 'Hot Deal' would be cool; but many might abuse it, lol). I've seen a few different ones on the site but they look like they are for Mods.

• 11 months later...

Probably a silly question, but how do I change my avatar?

At the top right of this page,click on the Settings tab.

Then under the My Settings column (left side of page,scroll down a little)

click on Edit Avatar.

From there if you had enough posts you can choose a Custom one (like a photograph from your hard drive) or scroll down to see all the ones offered here at Gotta Deal. Don't forget the use the drop down box for more options (like holidays,sports logos,etc.)

HTH and welcome!

:g_hello: