First Rumored Best Buy BF Items Posted on BF Site

Brad

Its set from Apple. Thats why when you see $ off coupons...they always exclude Apple products. Apple could pull merch from a company if they find out.

With % off coupons, stores can advertise at MSRP and still offer a discount to customers.

I think you will find out within the next couple of days via the BestBuy ad scans. Once you see the ad, they may include a model number and you can see what it looks like. Outdated Kodak models look very different from the new C series. I would wait a few more days if you can.

Sears also has the Toshiba 51" 51HC85 model for $899.99 (also includes HDMI)

Wow, how did I not notice that before. Plus at sears, if you use the sears card, you may able to get like 5 percent cash back or no interest.

I can not stress how good a tv the toshiba is for that price, obviously they are trying to get rid of the things. Of course you need a lot of space.

Are you going early to wait in line Mark?

I really would like to, but my brother, who is always the one who drives, really wants to get the free $10 Sears gift card. So I'm either going to have to take our family van (which would mess up things since we'd probably go to the same stores for the rest of the day), or he could just drop me off at Best Buy while he goes to Sears (but that could be a hassle if I finish before he does).

-Mark-

Im scared of the face the cashier makes when we hand them our $300 in BB bucks. BF on top of $300 in BB bucks? LOL

Actually, I don't think it will be as bad as some might imagine, at least for me. I just used $300 in BB Bucks tonight and the cashier didn't even bat an eye. I was in and out of Best Buy in less than 15 minutes. Of course, the wait itself will be much longer on BF, but if the cashier is as efficient and professional as the one I had tonight, I don't think it'll be a problem for me.

Last year, when I did the same thing, it was a bit of a hassle, as the cashier had to recount the BB Bucks multiple times, get a manager, and then the system went offline as soon as he was getting ready to print the form for me to sign (which actually ended up working in my favor b/c the manager said to just not worry about the form).

-Mark-

Actually, I don't think it will be as bad as some might imagine, at least for me. I just used $300 in BB Bucks tonight and the cashier didn't even bat an eye. I was in and out of Best Buy in less than 15 minutes. Of course, the wait itself will be much longer on BF, but if the cashier is as efficient and professional as the one I had tonight, I don't think it'll be a problem for me.

Last year, when I did the same thing, it was a bit of a hassle, as the cashier had to recount the BB Bucks multiple times, get a manager, and then the system went offline as soon as he was getting ready to print the form for me to sign (which actually ended up working in my favor b/c the manager said to just not worry about the form).

-Mark-

Well thats good. I just hope everything goes ok. My luck with BB is not very good. What did you pick up tonight? Anything big or just a bunch of random stuff?

Well thats good. I just hope everything goes ok. My luck with BB is not very good. What did you pick up tonight? Anything big or just a bunch of random stuff?

One big $300+ thing -- a Roomba Scheduler!! (As a Christmas present for my mom). It'll be the biggest Christmas present I think anyone in our family has ever gotten since we got our first computer in 1994.

And yeah, it is quite YMMV on the BB Bucks. I've made several purchases with them so far (just small, $36 - $145 purchases) and have never had a problem. In fact, they've been unbelievably nice to me every time. So I hope you have a similar experience when you redeem yours.

-Mark-

How in Gravy did you rack up that much BBB? I keep wondering if you are the guy from the Supersize me Movie LOL

May I just refer you to a very special part of the Official Rules of the McDonald's Monopoly game :D:

"To request a Game Piece without buying something at McDonald's...mail a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage to [the promotion headquarters]...Participants may submit as many Game Piece requests as they desire...One (1) Game Piece and One (1) Chance Piece [with a Best Buy Buck] will be mailed in response to each request"

So, for 74¢, I was guaranteed at least a $1 BB Buck, with a 1 in 3 chance of a $3 BB Buck, and the chance to win even bigger prizes. So, I sent in about 675 requests, about 30% of them were $3 BB Bucks, I won more McDonald's food than I care to eat for the rest of my life and my next three generations down the line, and many prizes from the online game. So that's well over $1,000 in BB Bucks, and about $120 in prizes that are actually useful to me, all for about $500 in postage/envelopes.

I've been doing this since they started this game in 2003 (when they really only had $1 BB Bucks). In addition to my guaranteed profit each time, I've also won a $50 Best Buy gift card and a $50 cash prize throughout the years. It's really one of the high points of my year!

-Mark-

WOW thats impressive

I REALLY hope you used labels LOL thats alot of envelopes

I couldnt even get the Online site to work LOL I obviously need lessons! LOL

Actually, here's something crazy -- since the rules do actually say "no mechanically reproduced requests", I was not sure if printing, labels, etc, counted as "mechanically reproduced", so I handwrote all 675 of my requests. I sent them out in chunks (i.e. a couple hundred one day, then a couple hundred a couple days later) so what I would do is just address envelopes while watching TV or listening to music. It became a favorite hobby of mine for a couple weeks :2wiggle:

-Mark-