Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

* Official Black Friday LAPTOP Thread *

1326 replies to this topic

#1321 JJMathes  OFFLINE  

JJMathes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 31, 2005 - 5:19 pm

Well, good luck. I would still try and install that link I posted when you get a chance to do so.

#1322 tmkuroda  OFFLINE  

tmkuroda

Laptop Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 31, 2005 - 6:39 pm

I called them and told them the normal sounds for the computer is fine but the volume for playing mp3's as well as a DVD SUCK! We have both of the BF laptops the walmart HP and the CC Toshiba. The ONLY thing about the Toshiba I do not like is the volume.. No problem with the HP laptop it has Altech Lansing speakers:( We uninstalled and reinstalled some drivers and it did nothing. His advice??? To hook up speakers to it... I told him that will work real well when I am travling and want to watch a DVD!!!!! Mine AND my friends is both the same....Very little speaker volume.

#1323 89MustangGX  OFFLINE  

89MustangGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 31, 2005 - 10:07 pm

Well, some good news for me -- maybe this will help others. I went back and reinstalled WinDVD from the restore disk and all my sound came back. Then I uninstalled it and same sound problem. I figured it was a Codec problem, so I went back and installed the AC3 file that someone on here posted with WinDVD uninstalled and sound came back, just was a little quiet. I boosted the gain a little in the Codec itself and all is well now. Thanks for the help. Everything is running great now! Adam

#1324 tmkuroda  OFFLINE  

tmkuroda

Laptop Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 1, 2006 - 9:31 am

Well, some good news for me -- maybe this will help others.

I went back and reinstalled WinDVD from the restore disk and all my sound came back. Then I uninstalled it and same sound problem. I figured it was a Codec problem, so I went back and installed the AC3 file that someone on here posted with WinDVD uninstalled and sound came back, just was a little quiet. I boosted the gain a little in the Codec itself and all is well now.

Thanks for the help.

Everything is running great now!

Adam

how do you boost the gain in your codec????
Tina

#1325 89MustangGX  OFFLINE  

89MustangGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 1, 2006 - 5:27 pm

how do you boost the gain in your codec????
Tina

When you install it it installs a little configuration program in your Start Menu under "AC3Filter". I went in there and turned the "Master" volume up to 10. I also picked my speaker setup while I was in there. There is lots of stuff to do in there, but not knowing what it's all for, I just left everything else alone.

Adam

#1326 higbee  OFFLINE  

higbee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 31, 2006 - 12:39 pm

now that the microsoft office free trial that came with my laptop has expired, what should I do?

#1327 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 31, 2006 - 2:51 pm

now that the microsoft office free trial that came with my laptop has expired, what should I do?

Post a question in our Technology/computers forum :gd_pineap

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users