Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

* Official Black Friday LAPTOP Thread *

1326 replies to this topic

#31 Mike  OFFLINE  

Mike

I am a BF Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 7:08 pm

At any cost? I think the cost will be your sleep. :) Depending on how far away it is, I would drive by at midnight and gauge the line then if there is one. If there is, get in it. If not, maybe swign back by 1am or 2. I would guess each store will have 10-20.

#32 skar  OFFLINE  

skar

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 7:12 pm

What do you all think about the toshiba laptop at bb? Is it a early bird deal? How many should each store have?

#33 Mike  OFFLINE  

Mike

I am a BF Veteran

• 1,727 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 7:15 pm

Hopefully someone that works at BB will come in to tell us how many each store will get. I will guess that each store will have 10-20 depending on the market in your area. This will be an early bird deal for sure. You need to get there way early. Im thinking 1am - 2am.

#34 lauralee  OFFLINE  

lauralee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 8:15 pm

I also sent you a PM about the laptops. Thanks in advance, as my Walmart does not have that laptop on the shelf right now.

#35 jipy  OFFLINE  

jipy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 8:22 pm

Toshiba Celeron M 370 Notebook w/ 256MB/40GB/WiFi/Combo Drive - $379.9 - from BB.

Any idea how many of them are on sale and when will BB open on BF. I will be on line standing first at any cost.

-P-

I would buy the AMD Semparon Laptop anyday over the Celeron M laptop. About Toshiba and HP, its a different thing and I am not too sure about either. But, Semparon would win over Celeron any day. Check out Anandtech.com for some comparative tests and reviews about both processors

#36 Candy  OFFLINE  

Candy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 6:29 am

The only issue I have with your adive on getting a laptop now and putting on layaway...is not all Walmarts even allow cancellations on BF. I know this is true in my area..I have worked at Walmart and shopped and tried to cancel on bf....it all depends on your local walmart...so please.....call the Walmart YOU plan on visiting on BF to see their layaway policy.

#37 disneytati  OFFLINE  

disneytati

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 10:53 am

I need at least 2 laptops... actually I needed 4, but I doubt I'll be able to get 4... It's just me and my aunt. Can one person get 2 tickets at BB and Walmart? But we couldn't buy them, right? What if we get tickets at BB, get in line, pay for 1, get in line again and pay for the other?

#38 PhaserBait  OFFLINE  

PhaserBait

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 11:19 am

I need at least 2 laptops... actually I needed 4, but I doubt I'll be able to get 4... It's just me and my aunt. Can one person get 2 tickets at BB and Walmart? But we couldn't buy them, right? What if we get tickets at BB, get in line, pay for 1, get in line again and pay for the other?

At BB, they will only give one ticket to each person. You could try to ask other people who are there for the desktop or a TV to get a ticket and give it to you. Then you should be able to make several purchases. I don't know for sure if WM will give out tickets, though.

#39 WELUVKDS79  OFFLINE  

WELUVKDS79

• 3,382 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 1:46 pm

Does anybody do any favors for students?? Like special financing, discounts, etc??? My laptop is on its last leg and I am working on my Masters and need a new one....:(

#40 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 2:04 pm

Does anybody do any favors for students?? Like special financing, discounts, etc??? My laptop is on its last leg and I am working on my Masters and need a new one....:(

Dell.com offers affordable laptops and they offer financing options :)

#41 disneytati  OFFLINE  

disneytati

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 2:05 pm

At BB, they will only give one ticket to each person. You could try to ask other people who are there for the desktop or a TV to get a ticket and give it to you. Then you should be able to make several purchases. I don't know for sure if WM will give out tickets, though.

My aunt went to this Walmart 2 years ago, and they didn't give tickets, you had to grab the items yourself. But we never know if they're gonna change their policy.

#42 BLKFRI  OFFLINE  

BLKFRI

Cat Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 3:57 pm

Last year we (2 of us) bought 4 desktops at BB. While waiting in line, we talked to the peeps around us. We got those that didn't want the computer to get and give us the ticket. The tickets are good til 11 A.M. So we paid for 1 then took it to the mobile home we brought, then went back in line and bought the other. But at our BB alot of peeps were selling the tickets and peeps were buying for $50.

#43 rjjan  OFFLINE  

rjjan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 4:06 pm

10-20 seems low. I think they will have more at my store .

#44 scenicphoto  OFFLINE  

scenicphoto

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 4:25 pm

I just registered today on GottaDeal.Com and was looking for someone to answer a question for me.

My granddaughter is needing a Laptop for college soon and we want to get her one for Christmas, and I was told to look on GottaDeal. What do you think, and can you give me some hints as well as some advise on using this system?

Thanks in advance and I hope someone will contact me soon.

#45 snickstx  OFFLINE  

snickstx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 6:16 pm

I just registered today on GottaDeal.Com and was looking for someone to answer a question for me.

My granddaughter is needing a Laptop for college soon and we want to get her one for Christmas, and I was told to look on GottaDeal. What do you think, and can you give me some hints as well as some advise on using this system?

Thanks in advance and I hope someone will contact me soon.

PM'd

#46 snickstx  OFFLINE  

snickstx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 6:50 pm

Just checked out Toshiba this looks pretty close. I am glad because I want at least 15" screen. Just in case anybody is interested.

#47 Mike  OFFLINE  

Mike

I am a BF Veteran

• 1,727 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 6:54 pm

:crossfing Oh how I hope Circuit city comes through with a laptop with a dvd-rw!!! :crossfing

Circuit City's "doorbuster" laptop will not have a dvd burner. Sorry.

#48 WELUVKDS79  OFFLINE  

WELUVKDS79

• 3,382 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 7:03 pm

The WAlmart one is decent but, I need more memory so I am still looking. I called DEll but, they don't have special financing for students. I may just buy one when my student loan check comes in January.

#49 shortycory  OFFLINE  

shortycory

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 8:04 pm

thanx for all the post ppl.

#50 sperdue  OFFLINE  

sperdue

• 1,610 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 8:53 pm

Circuit City's "doorbuster" laptop will not have a dvd burner. Sorry.

That bums me out! I've tried all the links from here to dell. Even w/the discount it's out of my price range.
My only hope is Santa to leave me one!
:holiday02

#51 Guest_clips2save_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_clips2save_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 9:32 pm

I posted this elsewhere but thought I would post here also. Question? If there are only going to be 12 - 15 say per store, then obviously there is no need for a pallet. So will they be in the electronics department or located elsewhere? Just wondering what your thoughts are.

#52 Mike  OFFLINE  

Mike

I am a BF Veteran

• 1,727 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 10:07 pm

Every store, as far as I know, will hand out vouchers for "doorbuster" items before the store even opens. There will be no "mad dash" towards the laptop section as all the laptops will have been taken before they open the doors.

#53 Mike  OFFLINE  

Mike

I am a BF Veteran

• 1,727 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 10:19 pm

If you guys/gals see the BB ad scans, minimum 10 per store. Your store could have more then 10, but I would strategize so that you know you can get one of the 10 if you want it.

#54 sperdue  OFFLINE  

sperdue

• 1,610 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 10:36 pm

The best buy scan shows a the gateway celeron w/dvd-rw for $579 no rebates. I think this will work! Any thoughts?

#55 89MustangGX  OFFLINE  

89MustangGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 10:38 pm

Link for the detailed specs of the BB Toshiba Laptop. I'm kinda leaning towards this one now. Only negative I can find is possibly short battery life.

Thoughts?

http://www.csd.toshi...kceghdgngdgnn.0

EDIT: I noticed they seem to have a battery available that is double the size if that becomes a problem. Also -- for memory it will take up to 2gb, and MAY have a slot free, so no problem there upgrading memory, though you may have to get rid of what's in there.

#56 Daisimae  OFFLINE  

Daisimae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 10:40 pm

Battery life doesn't bother me. I need the laptop for work, at home. It will never leave the laptop cart and stay permanently plugged in. Thanks for the link.

#57 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2005 - 11:54 pm

Battery life doesn't bother me. I need the laptop for work, at home. It will never leave the laptop cart and stay permanently plugged in. Thanks for the link.

I'm the same although my Dell Inspiron 700m laptop offers an impressive 5 hours of battery life.

Just make sure to remove the battery if you plan on using A/C power for an extended period of time.

#58 djmaine  OFFLINE  

djmaine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 11, 2005 - 2:21 am

At any cost? I think the cost will be your sleep. :) Depending on how far away it is, I would drive by at midnight and gauge the line then if there is one. If there is, get in it. If not, maybe swign back by 1am or 2.

I would guess each store will have 10-20.

I got in line at my local Best Buy at 12:30 last year...I was FOURTH

They came out around 4:30am to give the tickets. By then we already had 200 people in line.

I'm thinking I will be line at our Wal-Mart this year.

#59 Kingfalcon  OFFLINE  

Kingfalcon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 11, 2005 - 2:24 am

In regards to the Walmart laptop:
From what I can tell, this laptop is essentially a model from the ze2000z line. If you believe that to be the case, then here are some reviews (on the ze2000z) which may indicate how the WalMart lappy will perform:
http://www.hardwarer...nk.php?lid=1067

http://forum.noteboo.....php?p=1156098

I hope that helps someone.

#60 rjjan  OFFLINE  

rjjan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 11, 2005 - 3:20 am

Hey is everyone opening at 5 or just wal-mart. Called the local store today and they said there getting 35 laptops!!!!!!But only 15 desktops.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users