Official One-and-Only "What I Got" & "My Black Friday Experience" Thread

Brad

We were 2nd, 3rd and 4th in line at Bealls. Of all the places, I expected this to be a pleasant experience. It was chaotic. There were even line jumpers, either for the scratch ticket or the free flamingo ornament. Got what I wanted and checkout was wrapped around store. Hid my stuff and went back 2 hrs later to checkout. Rec'd $5 from scratch ticket plus $10/25 so not bad for the gator stuff DD HAD to have. Went to Target at 1:30 and got all the movies and games I wanted. Nobody there. Went to Walmart, very quiet as opposed to when we drove by at 9:30. They were restocking movies and games so got all I wanted there. Penneys at 4:10 and they were already packed, which has never happened before, they were out of globes by 4:30. Last year I went in at 6 and got the globe. Most pleasant experience was Petsmart at 7. I dislike the midnight openings, people are WAY to cranky and ugly. Even the employees at Bealls were less than pleasant.

Edited to add, that thanx to Gottadeal, I got everything I really needed online. We go out because we always have fun, but not this year.

Had quite the experience at Wal-Mart - watching people fight and argue over sheets. Cops were called to the area, but did nothing.

Best black Friday idea ever - CHECK THE RETURNS! I found the $19 sheets and a just dance game for the people standing in line next to us among many other goodies!

Things I was able to get:

Amazon:

- Friends: Seasons 1-9

- Big Bang Theory: Season 4

- Modern Famiy: Season 2

Walmart:

- 600 thread count sheets (1 in store, 2 online)

- $388 laptop (in store)

- 2 rubbermaid sets (in store)

- several movies

- $49 blu ray player (online)

Best Buy:

- 2 Wii games (online)

Hoping to go to Penny's later!

Started my shopping Wed night with Gymboree & Crazy 8.

Thurs am - JCP order for my mom.

Thurs 7:30 left to Walmart. Parking was full. Lines already formed for electronics. Was able to get movies. Out by 10:15!

Headed for Starbucks, and then formed the line at Bealls for midnight opening. #35 got the I-Pad, I just got the $5 off. With $10 off paper coupon, got skeachers.

Went to Macys and got the diamond earrings/pendant for $145, wine crystal glasses, blanket, 4 pk of socks for DH, towels, sheets.

Went to Target got movies (lots of tvs left at 1:30)

Went to JCP for 3 am opening. Got luggage and tablets for kids, pyrex.

Waited for Gymboree to open at 5 am and pick up stuff on hold.

Went to C8 and they were not accepting additional coupon. Bought stuff but ordered online once home. Will return later.

DH got his IPad at apple store at midnight. Just got his accessory pack at amazon for $49.

Overall experience, was great. Walmart was crazy once we left at 10! People were running in, but ours is a 24hrs one and people were able to get their non-electronic stuff prior 10.

Got everything online...BEST BUY:37inch TV deal early wed,Lenovo laptop,2 games,Xbox wireless headphones......Newegg:250gb Xbox w/2 games xmas pack...Amazon:4gb Xbox w/kinect(for a friend),Kinect w/3 games...All at the black friday advertised sale prices...lets not forget the other great deals i got in the last 10 days online:new COD w/12 month xbox live,Laptop,Halo reach deal,Nintendo 3ds for $129...I am 1 happy camper!!!!!!

this was probably one of my MOST successful years at BF and I only shopped at two stores!

we arrived at walmart at 8:45pm. Later than I wanted. I had my hubby park his butt near the items that we wanted that were wrapped in plastic. While he did that I cruised the regular aisles to see if any of the items were in the normal area not wrapped in plastic. best idea i've had - scored the men's wrangler jeans ($9.97) the men's hanes shirts & boxers, the children's wranglers, the shark steam mop, the monster high doll, the children's underwear, and some towels this way. we went to a walmart in the middle of nowhere and it wasn't packed when we got there, but as 9:15 rolled around it became insane. the employees got to a point where they said "just grab it, i won't tell" to those of us who had been there since before 9. so we were able to snag some other toys, and loaded up on the kids pj sets, as well as that 3 crockpot set, the tupperware, the pyrex, etc. We stayed away from electronics and video games.

Sale prices started at 10pm. We were first in line and in our car by 10:07pm. :cheesy:

Then it was on to toys r us/babies r us!

They were very organized this year - unlike every other year I've gone. Here we scored the vintage cabbage patch doll (unadvertised deal that was emailed in 11th hour for $10 off), Singing & Storytelling Bell ($10 off), a Fancy Nancy Doll & Book set (clearanced at half off), and 10 cases of gerber good start nursers (unadvertised deal, $5 a case - savings of $7 each). They were sold out of diapers and that had me sorely disappointed.

When I got home on a whim I checked babiesrus.com and the diapers were for sale online at $10/box!! In store it was a limit of 4 per customer, - online there was no limit. So I bought 10 boxes, plus got a free Disney Plush Blanket, and had completely free shipping (savings of $60) thanks to DealRunner trial.

In total after doing the math I saved close to $830 last night, and I spent less than $500. We were done, in home, and in bed by 11:30 which is saying something since the stores we went to were an hour away in the middle of the desert!

The only christmas shopping I've left to do is stocking stuffers - and I'll hit cvs for those later today.

And here I was worried because I was preggo and would have to train hubby. But he didn't have to work very hard. ;)

It was nuts though - I watched women get in catfights over towels and sheets. And I watched two elderly men get in a FIST FIGHT over a pancake griddle! :eyepoppin

Got the Compaq laptop from Walmart. Towels, a few kids clothes and toys at Walmart also. Worst BF experience ever and I am not a BF newbie. They released the 10pm items about 9:50 and people destroyed pallets. Games and DVD's all over. Pushing and people just acting horribly.

Old Navy was very busy. Probably 100 people in the checkout and the computer system was not working. They got it fix and I spent about 30 mins in line.

Target was more organized, got there about 1:30 for DS and xbox games. Picked up a board game and candy for stockings. Orderly line setup that went zig zagging down aisles around the outside aisles. About 45 mins in line.

Missed some deals on home appliances, but I will go to another WM today to see if they have leftovers.

I got to Wal-Mart about 8 pm and stood around the pallet for the 600TC sheets which were right next to the towels for $1.88.... bad idea. Me and my line mates had a system all worked out, but per usual people pushed up right before 10pm and were extremely aggressive. I got my head SLAMMED into the wooden pallet, my hair pulled and people were on top of me. Luckily someone pulled me up, but I have a huge red marks on my face and head from it. I had a team with me and we all ended up with what we wanted there, but damn. IMO the 10pm sale brought out Black Friday newbies who didn't have a clue who things worked so they just decided to loudly mention how they would punch, kick and do whatever for what they wanted. That kind of aggression just isn't needed.

Kohl's was a breeze- in and out with everything. Target was a total joke- the check out lines were insane so I didn't even bother. I did a lot of shopping online before I left so I wasn't desperate to get any one item.. except the sheets and boy did I pay the price. My head ACHES.

The x-box games at WM was the big issue at mine too. They didn't even bring them out until 10 and they only had 2 boxes! They had everyone line up for them. When when they brought them out, people were just shoving and fighting. People were screaming. There were police standing with the workers who handed them out one by one out of the boxes.

BF was GREAT for me this year....I picked up SIL and we headed to the mal at 3:45AM for the 4AM opening of a few stores....we were hoping that, with the midnight openings, that the stores would be a little less chaotic than they have been in years past....and our wish came true!! The whole morning was amazing...no crowds, barely any traffic, no lines, and we both got everything we wanted!

Picked up a bunch of stuff + our VIP bags at BBW, then down to Children's Place where everything was 30% off plus you could use coupons on top of that....I got a bag STUFFED with clothes for my kids for $139 (was at about $240 before discounts!). Drove to Elder Beerman right outside the city where absolutely no one was in the store but us....got the 3-crock cooker, a playhouse that you can color, the Isotoner Touch gloves, some fleece blankets for the kids. Back to the mall for the opening of Learning Express where I got DD6 a ton of books, Mad Libs, and a Mogo charm bracelet plus I had a $10 off coupon. Went to Target where they were completely out of everything, but then we ran to another Target about 10 min down the highway and they had EVERYTHING we wanted and even had doorbuster TVs and stuff left. Picked up more stuff for the kids, picture frames, new bed pillows. The went to Old Navy, they had tons of the $5 performance fleece for the kids plus a lot of other good deals so I cleaned up there. We went to Toys R Us where I got some Powerwheels for my youngest. Ran to Meijer to grab a couple grocery items and saw they had 40% off all athletic shoes and my husband's running shoes JUST tore so I got him a new pair too. I got everything on my list for today crossed off and am super happy!!!!

Agree with previous posts. Wal Mart was much worse this year. Got there at 7:30 and parked at the games. At 945 the chaos began and there was pushing and shoving and police were called in. Much more crowded. IT was safe last year when people opened up the pallets earlier. At least you didn't get killed. We went to another WM later at 2 and found many of the TVs and Blue Ray player left over. Even snagged some items that my family failed to get at the 12 o'clock sale. Also, went to BB and found they had plenty of doorbuster printers and monitors and we got the ones we wanted. Went to several stores and got home at 4:15 for a 4 hour nap and got back from Kohls. We pretty much got what we wanted, but Wal Mart experience seems worse and worse each year.

Stayed up to try to get the Best Buy Dynex™ - 24" Class TV, only to have it sell out. First stop for today was the Supermall Walmart, which was a complete disaster. I arrived around 9:30 PM to find that the DVDs had already been picked through. DVD's were scattered all over the place, and on the floor. I guess it started at 8 PM? Not sure what that was all about, either way it was pretty impossible to even move around the place to even get glimpse at some of the titles due to people leaving carts and electric wheelchairs in the middle of the walkways. I ended up buying a few titles. Some I always regret! But that to me is part of Black Friday! My next trip was to Target where I waited an hour in the cold. Of course we were all treated to one of the Occupy Protestors, some guy who earlier had a cart, mentioned that there was a lot of people in line, and returned several minutes later, yelling, he proceeded to stand in the middle of the street blocking traffic. Cops & security of course had to deal with it. Once inside, I proceeded immediately to get the Nikon L105, they basically had all of this particular camera all stacked up behind the electronics desk. Basically, much of what everyone wanted was there, so everyone basically had to get in line there as well to receieve what ever they hoped they could get. I ended up getting a sweater, and pajamas and a toaster for my grandma as well. Only problem I saw with Target was the line, which basically wrapped around the entire store. I ended up stopping at Macys next and bought the Venture Chukka Men's Alfani Boots. Ended up going to another Walmart where I bought Blu Ray Player and much more movies/TV. Eventually made it to Best Buy ( more DVD's & a Dynex 15 inch TV) Office Max, another camera ( Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH25) I think it was possibly the only one the store had! Lucked out! Stopped at Fred Meyer for socks & Eddie Bauer Outlets & Nordstrom Rack as well for a few items as well...... Edited by shhimundercover

We were at Walmart at 6:30 p.m. ready to scope out where we needed to be for all the sales. The online store map they provided on Walmart's website was a joke. The rearranged a lot of the stuff and were giving out maps at the front of the store with black marker through them that you could barely read. Plus they didn't know where half of the stuff was actually going to be. My mom wanted 2 of the 32 inch Emerson tv's and we were told different lines by pretty much everyone we asked. We finally got to the correct line and luckily we were #14 and #15 out of 96 tv's. We had three others placed around the store so my mom swapped places with one of them to grab some other stuff and I ended up hanging out in the line for tv's. They did tickets a few hours into the wait finally.

Our Walmart was a mess. A near riot broke out near the $2.84 appliances so they let those go into carts an hour early. The cheap towels were gone before 10 p.m. too. An actual fight broke out by the movies and they were gone before 10 p.m. I wish our store was consistent - they made us wait until midnight before they handed out the tv's and kindles and laptops but let everything else go before the sale time. I was irritated with the employees handling our tv line because they weren't very helpful and kept telling us we had to stay in line or lose our place (even with the tickets) before some one finally told them no, we could at least jump out and go to the restroom if needed or go for any of the 10 p.m stuff so long as we had some one to hold our place. However they did hand out 5 our energy shots and free donuts for the wait in the line. The $12 X-Box Live memberships were gone instantly which sucked because I really wanted one for my bro-in-law :(

For my own shopping: I got 2 of the $1.96 movies (kids ones for my son - thanks to my sister who braved the riots in that section); 1 pair of the $4.97 pj's, $7 Paper Jam, $5 Hot Wheels, and the $12 Solo Skate. They did not get in any of the boy's t-shirts for $2.97 or the fleece hoodies for $4.97 so I was disappointed. I can't list what all my mom and sister got - they did much better than me there!

Then we went across the street to Target. We still had to wait a few minutes to get in even after midnight because they were only letting so many people in at a time. Grabbed the $7 pj's, the $3 hat and gloves, $13 Transformers Dark of The Moon DVD. They were packed in there but I saw a few tv's left. Toys were wiped out pretty quickly too.

Next stop was Toys R Us. I wanted to try & get the flashback Atari game for $24.99 but they weren't there. Did grab the Barbie Princess Charm School DVD for my niece and the $5 Cuponk game.

Our JC Penneys decided to open at 3 a.m. instead of 4, so I think this is why it wasn't as crowded as it could have been. Got a few of the $5.88 long sleeve boy shirts and the $15.00 winter jacket along with a few stocking stuffers.

Next was Bath & Body works - I only got the 5 for $5 Pocketbac hand sanitizers there - I wasn't impressed with many of their "sale" items but I still love that store!

Final stop was Sears. We actually didn't get anything there, just looked around mostly.

I lied - my sister actually also stopped into Claire's and cleaned up in their clearance section - they had a lot of really cute stuff for my niece so her stocking is complete!

We were out for about 12 hours total - it was a very long night. I really hope Walmart does not do the 10 p.m. sale again - it threw our whole schedule off!

Got a cousin, my bff's little boy, and dad (WOOOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) done as of end of shopping today. Still got a couple more people to buy for and im done. Helped mom pick out a kindle case to get me for Christmas at TJ maxx for $7. And got the slippers I've been waiting to go on sale at Kohls for $4. And got Vampire Diaries and a Phone charger. During my Online BF shopping I got a memory card best buy had on special and my 22 inch monitor. Still waiting for a sale on a 32 inch 1080P TV since its like my must have gift from mom. Hoping to find a sale soon. I went and saw a few at Best Buy but they were above her price point. I have a 720 (even if its picture is crap) so if I have to drop it off the list and restructure said list I can. I did hear that someone got hit over the head with a Crockpot at my Walmart over $1 towels.

Amazon is pissing me off, trying to get a xbox live card as we speak and its not working. Its been checking status for 30 minutes.

10:15 AM PST

Xbox LIVE 3 Month Gold Membership

$24.99 $7.99 (68% off)

Checking deal status...Checking Deal Status

Prime Eligible

0% now claimed

00:35:30 remaining

BUGGING ME LIKE CRAZY!

My Walmart had some really mean people in it. Lots of cursing going on. I got there at 10 (won't do that again) got my movies and pj's and griddle. waited and got my 2 digital photo frames and sd cards. I left there ans went to the mall for Macy's but was hit with a sale I didn't know was happening...Abercrombie had 50% of everything in the store. Made out great for my son. Got some stuff in Macy's with my gc's that i earned from CVS and by the time I got to Target (1:30am) happy shopping and no lines

Amazon is pissing me off, trying to get a xbox live card as we speak and its not working. Its been checking status for 30 minutes.

10:15 AM PST

Xbox LIVE 3 Month Gold Membership

$24.99 $7.99 (68% off)

Checking deal status...Checking Deal Status

Prime Eligible

0% now claimed

00:35:30 remaining

BUGGING ME LIKE CRAZY!

I was having a similar problem with them about this time just trying to check out. I think they may have been getting slammed at the time.

Had a great time last night, but WOW was Wal-Mart crazy. This was my first time doing Wal-Mart right when they opened. We actually didn't get there until about 9:45 and the first thing we found was the sheets. We needed 10 because my grandma was getting them for everyone for Christmas. About 5 till the plastic came off and people started grabbing, I don't know what happened but we got our 10! Then we went to look for the video games. I was looking for Arkham City and my cousin made it over there but she grabbed the PS3 one and I needed XBOX. Headed back in to the pack and looked around but they were gone, then I saw a lady throw something on top with a white front, I literally leapt over a cart and grabbed it. I was so happy! That was the only thing I really wanted from Wal-Mart.

We hit the mall and Target after that. The only other really crazy place was Belk. They were supposed to open at 3 but we got there at 3:05 and there was no way all of those people got in there in 5 minutes. My greatest score was the Keurig Deluxe version Regular 179.99 for 127.XX! Woohoo! I also got some Sperry's. The boot and shoe tables were NUTS. You couldn't tell where anything was and shoes were flying everywhere!

I dropped my posse off at around 5 and decided to see what Target looked like since I didn't do much looking when we were there the first time. They were pretty dead and still had quite a few big items left. I got the iPod Nano with the gift card and then used the gift card on the $35 sheets.

First and foremost I had a GREAT time with my family. We've done this since I was little and it's something I have always loved. I also got a couple of great deals, so I am a happy camper this morning!

My best deal last night: White iPod Touch at Target. $195 with a $40 gift card. I had a $5 off coupon, a 10% off coupon, my Aunts employee discount card for another 10% off and another 5% with my Red Card for a grand total of $150 with a $40 gift card. Woo Hoo!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

Forgot to mention we got stuck behind an "Extreme Couponer" type at Wal-Mart! I guess she was price matching but she had EVERY ad from the freaking newspaper and was totally un-organized. She had like 2-3 sets of pots and pans, lots of video games (but not the ones that were on sale these caused the most trouble, like 4 different people had to be called over), and a bunch of toys. It was awful.

Went to Target, got there about 10:30 (We had Thanksgiving late because my mom had to work so I knew there would be a line) and saw the line going back behind the store so we decided to go across the street to Wal-Mart. Mistake! Had to park in Cracker Barrel's parking lot, people running all over the store and parking lot, no one knew where ANYTHING was and they didn't have half of the stuff in the ad. People were waiting around the pallets and pushing, no one could move, we got the heck out of there. It was one of those situations that was very uncomfortable, not usual BF stuff. No cops at this Wal-mart. Went back to Target and got in line. They were 4 deep zigzagged in the back. Security and employees were keeping things under control. Nice difference but decided I didn't need anything there that bad. Went to BB. They were lined out to the main road so we went across the street to Old Navy. Took a look at that line and decided to go to another Wal-mart. That one was better, and had security, but they didn't have hardly anything. I did get my son a phone there and got a router. Oh well, there's always next year.

Well, after little success last night I decided to get back up and out just before 8am this morning. I was very suprised. First, the parking lots were empty. I walked right up to every register w/o a line, except JCPenney's were I had to wait behind 3 people (still not bad at all!!). This morning we hit up Walmart first (my 3rd trip there since 10pm last night). They had a TON of TV's left. All different types. They even had the $188 TV left. They had the towels too. I was looking for the $2.xx waffle maker, but they didn't have that nor any movies or games left. I wanted to get that RCA Wi-Fi streaming device, which was at it's normal price, and I did get that. So, I can't say it was a bargain by any means.

We then went to Penney's, I got all the clothes I was looking for from the kids department. We headed to Target at shortly after 9am. They had almost some of everything left. They even had a ton of DVD's left. We picked up an Xbox from there (totally unexpected, but dh has been wanting one of his own and they still had a pallet of them out). Made our way to Gamestop for the pre-owned game sale (dh needed his own games now). Checked out Fashion Bugs sale. Then made my way to TJ Maxx, where I absolutely scored. I got my teen ds 2 pairs of jeans, 2 shirts, and a timberland sweatshirt for $47.xx. No sale here, but amazing clearance deals!!!

I went out from about 8am - 2pm today and had a great experience. Everyone I encountered, whether it be employees or other customers were very nice, helpful and courteous. Granted, I was out after all the crazy crowds and doorbusters were over, but there were no lines, no problems parking, etc.

There wasnt anything that I got an exceptional deal on, although I did get some some items really cheap or free from rebates, gift cards, return credit, etc. but mostly small stuff. I came in under my Christmas budget and was able to get a few things for myself while I was at it! I hit Michaels, JCPenney, Ulta, the mall, Joanns, Walmart, CVS, Target and Home Depot.

Still have 1 more store to get a last Christmas gift but I wont be in the area until Thursday then I'll be officially done. Then, I have to hit one additional store for some Christmas home items, but thats it. A very good and fun BF 2011.

Around 2:50 am EST I scored the HP 17" laptop on Walmart.com - that was my top priority for my shopping so I checked out immediately. Went back and watched the HP 15" laptop for about 2 minutes before it went live; tried to check out with that one right away, but that's when the trouble started. I fought for over an hour trying to check out with that item - at various times my cart would show empty, then not, or I could get to different points in the checkout process - but in the end I didn't succeed with that purchase. It sold out before I could check out with it. I went back and got some of the smaller items, and several times had to go back and remove items that sold out while I was trying to check out.

In the end I got the one thing I wanted the most, missed the secondary, and got some of the extraneous stuff. Which isn't bad!

I was able to find a reasonable replacement for the 15" laptop I missed out on, on Staples.com this morning - after a few hours of much needed sleep!

Went to walmart at 11pm to get the $199 ps3 bundle that was supposed to be on sale at midnight but they released them early and I missed out. I left that time empty handed. Target wasn't open yet and there was a line that wrapped around the building so I went to herbergers instead. Spent an hour there shopping and also calling Amazon and going to the site trying to score the ps3 bundle. No dice. Finally made it to target knowing nothing would be there. To my surprise they had 15 ps3 bundles left for the $199! I finally scored one!!!

First thing I did this morning was order Toy Story 3 for Wii from Amazon - then, I went to Walgreens at 5:20 this morning. They were out of the Bic razors which sucked be cause I had coupons that would have made them money makers, but oh well. My fault for not going yesterday.

I ended up getting two bottles of Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice and two bottles of Walgreens brand Naproxen Sodium liqui-gels.

I paid about $6 with a gift card and got $4 in Register Rewards back so it was a short and sweet trip. Besides me, there was one other person shopping. lol

Next I headed across the parking lot to Kmart - got 4 pairs of gloves and two pairs of slippers for about $10. The store was pretty busy but it was calm and moving smoothly in the checkouts.

Lastly, I went to Menards. My brother wanted to get my dog one of those HUGE bones for $4.98 so I went in with him. Holy cow, we got there 10 minutes after opening and they were still letting people in. They had orange fencing up but people were totally destroying it and climbing over it. lol

We got in and although we needed like 2 things, it was SLOW moving. They had caution tape everywhere separating the checkouts which was kind of a pain, but it did help with the lines. I checked out in the express lane which still took a while and went home.

Didn't need much this year and it felt odd not buying more. lol

We'll see what Cyber Monday offers. ;)

I had a great Black Friday!! Got just about everything I was after. Loved my wal mart experience. I got sooo lucky that some very nice ladies (customers) were standing in front of the $10 Wii games and helped everyone. They could slip their hands inside the celophane, and created various "piles" of game requests for those around them. Then, when 10 pm came, we just grabbed our piles and distributed selected games to their people, and we were on our way. Everyone was polite and orderly, it was AMAZING!! I got 4 Wii games.

Wal Mart:

4 $10 Wii games

$5 Yogi Bear DVD

$5 Ice Age Christmas DVD

$49 Kodak digital camera, $5 case, and $5 sd card

$99 blue Wiil console

$200 Compaq laptop

2 X box games

$6.88 storage containers

After wal mart, we went home to snack, then to bed.

Dh wanted the $49 tree at Home Depot, but he didn't want to get up early to get it. So, we headed out shopping around 9:30 am just to see what we could get. To our surprise, we scored the last one!!!! Yea!!! Also got the AA/AAA batterie combo packs for $10, and the last 2 of the $5 LED light sets. We got a few other items too, like lights for the new tree and a roof rake.

After that we headed to TRU. OMG, even at 11 am the lines were clear to the back of the store!!!! I have NEVER seen it that busy at the time on BF!!! What was up with that??? Usually I can just breeze in and out of TRU the mid morning of BF. I didn't buy anything there.

Then it was on to the mall. It was its usual business, but the lines went pretty fast at Sears and JCPenney, so that was good. I got PJ's and 2 Christmas sweatshirts at JCPenneys.

After we got home, I ordered a few things from Fingerhut:

Garmin GPS

Just Dance 3

MLB Nicktoons DS game

I know I pay more for stuff there, but I can pay over time which is sometimes necessary. Tried to get the Innotab there, but they are sold out. I will probably order it online from Sears or JC Penneys. It is the main thing on my youngest childs list.

Overall, it was a fun and successful BF. Now, time to rearrange the living room to prepare for putting the tree up.