I'm a Price Matching rookie and I have a question...

jakesmommy403

I did call another walmart yesterday to ask about PM & giftcards. This store said all PM-ing will still be available but there will be no giftcards for other items issued. Two different stores and two different managers....I'm confused now. I want the ipod deals from target with the giftcards & I want to buy them at Walmart so I can also get WM's xbox deals. Hmm, maybe I'll just buy the ipods in store at target and forget about it...

As someone that has price matched for the last 4-5 years at walmart it isnt that bad. Have your ads ready (i mark on front cover what page everything is on if i have multiple in 1 ad)

The ONLY time i had an issue was when something was a 59.99 item that another store had for 4.99 Manager had to do it(cashier couldnt) but did do it...and then promptly walked to rack and pulled the other 5 games down and stuffed behind counter LOL

LOL!! That sounds like Walmart..

I did call another walmart yesterday to ask about PM & giftcards. This store said all PM-ing will still be available but there will be no giftcards for other items issued. Two different stores and two different managers....I'm confused now. I want the ipod deals from target with the giftcards & I want to buy them at Walmart so I can also get WM's xbox deals. Hmm, maybe I'll just buy the ipods in store at target and forget about it...

WM has NEVER PM'd items that come with a GC.The $195 IPod at Target with the $40 GC CANT be PM'd.You can get the Ipod for $195 but NO GC.

I will be price matching everything at WM on BF.Its their policy i dont get embarrassed and i dont care if i hold up the line.Hell ill price match bacon if its on sale.Its my money i work for it so ill save it when i can.Im not doing anything wrg and its WMs fault if their cashiers arent educated.

Im with you!!! I have pm for years!!! it saves so much time and money from driving all around town. I have my list of items I am getting for each familiy member. If it is on sale I wil right the price and store and now i have added the page so if they ? it i can go right to the page. I have never had a problem with pm, just need to make sure you have the same item. I do admit with the new times stores are opening it is hard figure out, but so worth it. Best of luck to everyone on BF. I called my local store and they said that even with the Christmas Price Gaurantee you can price match at the register. Cant wait to get out and go shopping!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Will walmart price match an ad that is an online price that is also that price in the store but is NOT in a print ad. example. Toysrus has a scooter I want. They advertise it as 149.99 online I called the store and it is 149.99 in the store as well. (they are out of stock locally and online) Walmart has the same item for 199.99 in the store 179.97 online. Will they price match to 149.99???

From my experience, Walmart requires a physical current advertisement. Maybe other's will chime in with different experience.

Will walmart price match an ad that is an online price that is also that price in the store but is NOT in a print ad.

Per my experience and their recent advertising, the ad is not required. Considering it IS a high priced item I'd say they'd probably ask for ad but the worse you can do is ask in store if it's not out of the way. I wouldn't mention it's an online price, or not in ad, JUST that you're price matching toysrus.