Walgreens Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

My guess would be at 12:01 on Thursday, but I'm going to check at my local today when I pick up some meds.

That's my understanding also.

I just got an email saying their sales start Thanksgiving Day.

AFAIK all our stores are 24 hr. so I take it that means the sales start at midnight on the 24th.

Did I overlook their Patriot candles that are always buy 1 get 2 free on BF? I usually buy alot of them, give a few away and still have enough to last until the next BF. I love the Days End scent.

I'm burning my last one. : (

Walgreens is having 4 different sales. 1) The normal weekly sale from Nov 20-26th, 2) a Thursday only sale 3) a 4 day sale from nov 20-23 and 4) a 3 day sale from Nov 24-26.

The patriot candles are on the 4day sale, Nov 20-23 (B1G2F)

Edited by LisiLiz
entered wrong dates

I have never done so many transactions at 3 walgreens in my life! Got 40 skintimate/edge shaving gels (had $.55/1 coupons plus rolled RRs). Came out to just tax

that's crazy. I felt bad doing 13 different toothpaste transactions at 2 stores:P I was very thankful that by the time I finally got all my coupons and stuff together and left around noon there was still most everything I wanted. We even scored 10 Scotts roll packages which we had an extra $1 off so got to use up lots of rewards on that.

I am so happy with Wags today!

I got there around 8 a.m. (I overslept) but they were well staffed and well stocked.

Bless this cashier's heart: he let me do about 10 transactions so that I could roll my RR's.

After the dust settles,I'm contacting corporate to compliment them on such a well run sale and especially

mentioning John by name.

It literally took 30 mins to check out what with figuring out my transaction order, changing register tape,etc.

I shop this Wags a lot but this was the best it's ever worked out.

I made sure I have "Starter Money" (RR) for the next time!

I was totally disorganized today but had some very patient people and was pleasantly surprised there was still stock so late in the day. I looked at my RR earlier and the 1.50 ones don't say "only reedamable at walgreens" so I may get some more tomorrow late in the day if there's any left then use coupons and Publix :)

I am so happy with Wags today!

I made 3 different trips to Wag's today and also had a good experience. All were nice, helpful patient and willing to do multiple transactions.

I learned a little on these trips. If you use an RR from an item and then buy the SAME item again using that RR, you will not get another RR.

RR's are not good on alcohol. There was a wine that was $5.99 with a $5.00 RR. I tried to get more wine with the RR and was told they were not good on alcohol. I know, it says it on the RR itself, but I did not have glasses with me and could not read the fine print. :o

I also did not realize that you could not combine RR's and use more than one on one item. Wanted a $10 item and thought I was going to combine a $6 and (2) $2 ones, but could not. Said I had to have as many items as RR's. OK, can someone tell me....does each item have to meet or exceed the value of an RR?

Example: I want a $10 item and have (5) $2 RR's. Can I get one $10 item and (4) 50 cent candy bars and still use the (5) RR's???

LOL...I thought I was good at this, but never had a total of 13 RR's equaling 41 bucks before! I want to get the max. mileage out of them.

OK, can someone tell me....does each item have to meet or exceed the value of an RR?

Example: I want a $10 item and have (5) $2 RR's. Can I get one $10 item and (4) 50 cent candy bars and still use the (5) RR's???

Walgreens RR's are a PITA. I managed to use most of mine and found that about 4 of the few I have left I can use at Publix for groceries.

Now, for the tips:

1) As you learned, if you use a RR to pay for an item by same manufacturer you will NOT get another one. So glasses are required:P Even if you get 2 completely different things by Procter&Gamble if both have RR and you use a p&g RR you won't get one for product being bought. Same for Gilette and whoever else makes lots of stuff, even if you buy a women's razor and use RR for men's aftershave if it's same company it won't print.

2) Walgreens is NOT cvs. Walgreens counts RR as manufacturer coupons and only allows 1 manufacturer coupon per item. So you cannot use multiple RR for 1 item purchase. And you cannot buy 1 item and use a manufacturer coupon and a RR towards it without a filler item.

3) Walgreens only allows RR to cover purchased items not taxes. So if you're a few cents short say a 3.99 item with a $4 RR the system will reject it.

The way I get around this is buying the 8/$1 stuff w/coupon in ad which is useful anyhow or the .29/.39 stuff they use to have in top corner of ads. Til today they have the Christmas themed goody bags 8/$1 and various candles 3/$1. Remember you don't need to buy the full quantity to get your discount. If coupon had been 10/$1 you could buy 2 at .10 each. :)

You can use a RR to pay for a different item from the same manufacturer. I used last weeks Scunci RR's from the barrettes to pay for the Scunci ponytail holders and I got the RR's for them.

Each item does not have to meet or exceed the value of the RR as long as the total $$ amount does at the end. You can use a $6 RR and a $2 RR to pay for a $7 and a $1 item.

It just takes a little while and a few mistakes to get the hang of the RR's and when you figure it all out they are great! I like them better than CVS ECB's because CVS has limits on everything and at Walgreens you can keep rolling them and get more than one of things you use. Walgreens cashiers used to be not so friendly about letting you do multiple transactions, but now they ask you if you want to split your transaction up, it was like overnight one day they all changed their policy on RR's.

You can use a RR to pay for a different item from the same manufacturer. I used last weeks Scunci RR's from the barrettes to pay for the Scunci ponytail holders and I got the RR's for them.

Has this changed? I suppose it could have been a glitch in the system when I tried to use mine months ago. I just remember the rep being a total pain because of it and telling the manager I wanted to be paid to buy stuff :P I hope manager told her off after I left.

Thank you both for the tips. I had better luck today. I went in 2 diff stores and had started out with $21 in RR's and after both trips, I had 2 bags full of stuff and $31 worth of RR's! LOL Now, I gotta figure out how to use those up in 2 weeks.

I made sure that the RR's I handed over were not ones from the items I was currently buying. I guess that I did not buy anything from the same company in any one transaction, so I do not know if it would of denied me another RR or not???

I do have to agree that every time I checked out these past few 3 days, every cashier was helpful, patient and more than willing to do multiple transactions. The company must of sent down different training manuals recently. :)

I did make one Rookie mistake yesterday and ended up PAYING for the $5.99 bottle of wine! GRRR.....I forgot that I had added in the $5 RR from the last bottle of wine to my pile. Oh well, I am still coming out WAY ahead in all of my transactions and will not have to buy toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss picks, shaving cream, razors, blades, chia seeds or deodorant for a LONG time. ( the wine may not last as long ;) )

There are pros and cons to both Wag's and CVS reward systems. I DO like the fact that you can buy and roll at Wags as many times as you want. But, I do like to be able to combine CVS bucks all for one item if I want to. I just gotta get all the rules and regs. down! I am glad you cleared up my confusion about the fillers. I think I got it now.....

Has this changed? I suppose it could have been a glitch in the system when I tried to use mine months ago. I just remember the rep being a total pain because of it and telling the manager I wanted to be paid to buy stuff :P I hope manager told her off after I left.

the key to this is that the weeks had changed. If it was the same week - it wouldn't work. But a new week gets a new sets of RRs and promos ...

the key to this is that the weeks had changed. If it was the same week - it wouldn't work. But a new week gets a new sets of RRs and promos ...

that makes sense then. I just got back from disney and am heading out to Wags to use up some RR as mother decided to wait til today even though we'd planned out what she was buying and which coupons to use :(

is it just me or are there alot less good deals on toys at walgreens this year?

It seems that way. I'm sure last year they had more buy1get1 or buy1get2 toys and this year it seems like only a certain amount ones. I get my toys at Target toy clearance anyhow so don't watch Wags much but my bff made a mad dash last year and it didn't seem so great this year.