Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Tracfone inside display screen blank, anyone have experience on how to fix?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,412 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 6:49 am

my husbands phone is blank on the inside screen, any thoughts on fixing it

#2 stationchief  ONLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,193 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 8:27 am

First off: what make/model of phone is it? Can ya still hear sound, like it's still working but nothing on the screen? If so, it might be possible to replace the screen with some tekky work. All depends on the make and model.
"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown :)

#3 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,412 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 8:42 am

First off: what make/model of phone is it?

Can ya still hear sound, like it's still working but nothing on the screen? If so, it might be possible to replace the screen with some tekky work. All depends on the make and model.

LOL this is a $20 phone so probably just replace it, I was hoping it was just something like banging it on the desk or pushing a bunch of buttons LOL Its a LG220C
Yes, I can hear sound, the phone closes and the front screen is working, just when you flip it up, the screen in there is white, I did get a black streak to appear on it. We charged it yesterday and he looked at it this morning and the screen was blank

#4 stationchief  ONLINE  

stationchief

• 4,193 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 9:55 am

Thought it might have been one of those more expensive ones worth repairing ;). Yup, it sounds like the inside screen did go out. Those things are cheaply made to begin with. Banging it on a desk would probably relieve some frustrations, but not do much to repair the thing. Just hop over to your local store, get a new Tracfone, and call customer service to transfer the old number to the new phone.
"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown :)

#5 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,412 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 11:11 am

Thought it might have been one of those more expensive ones worth repairing ;).

Yup, it sounds like the inside screen did go out. Those things are cheaply made to begin with. Banging it on a desk would probably relieve some frustrations, but not do much to repair the thing. Just hop over to your local store, get a new Tracfone, and call customer service to transfer the old number to the new phone.

Well you never know with repairs, many things have been repaired with a quick bat along its side (of course, the way items are made today, probably not so wise). Yes, will just replace it, sad that the phone contacts will have to be redone but he didn't have too many in there, its just a need to contact you type phone

#6 stationchief  ONLINE  

stationchief

• 4,193 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 12:12 pm

Tracfone is a SIM carrier, isn't it? I just looked into this and it looks like they are. All your account info, including your contacts, should be on that little SIM card in back of your old phone somewhere behind the battery. Just pluck it out of the old phone and plug it into the new one.

#7 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,412 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 12:36 pm

Tracfone is a SIM carrier, isn't it? I just looked into this and it looks like they are. All your account info, including your contacts, should be on that little SIM card in back of your old phone somewhere behind the battery. Just pluck it out of the old phone and plug it into the new one.

Ok will try that! Thanks for the tip

#8 stationchief  ONLINE  

stationchief

• 4,193 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 2:48 pm

Well you never know with repairs, many things have been repaired with a quick bat along its side

Used to work on my old 25" tube TV all the time. Not so much with my 32" LCD TV :no:.

#9 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 2:58 pm

Unfortunately the airtime is not linked to the SIM so you'll have to use what you can on the broken phone or lose it. We found this out the hard way with DS. We left Tracfone after they refused to transfter the 700+ minutes we had to a new phone.

#10 stationchief  ONLINE  

stationchief

• 4,193 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 3:45 pm

Unfortunately the airtime is not linked to the SIM so you'll have to use what you can on the broken phone or lose it. We found this out the hard way with DS. We left Tracfone after they refused to transfter the 700+ minutes we had to a new phone.

I'm a lil' surprised they wouldn't transfer your minutes. If that's the case, the good thing about buying a new prepaid phone is usually they'll come with minutes.

If ya have a lot of minutes left and they won't transfer ya can still make calls on the old phone until this month is up. Ya just won't be able to see on the screen who you're calling.

#11 Angelseyes28  OFFLINE  

Angelseyes28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 4:04 pm

My whole family has upgraded our tracfones several times and everytime we have been able to transfer our our units/days from our old phones to the new ones. I just did our on the tracfone website each time, never had to call and talk to anyone.

#12 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,412 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 4:05 pm

My whole family has upgraded our tracfones several times and everytime we have been able to transfer our our units/days from our old phones to the new ones. I just did our on the tracfone website each time, never had to call and talk to anyone.

yes, we have had no problems transfering the mins either, in fact, phones break and need to be replaced, they wouldn't have repeat business if people couldn't replace their phone or upgrade them

#13 Angelseyes28  OFFLINE  

Angelseyes28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 4:08 pm

yes, we have had no problems transfering the mins either, in fact, phones break and need to be replaced, they wouldn't have repeat business if people couldn't replace their phone or upgrade them

Exactly! It sounds like poor speeddiva was trying to deal with someone in customer service that didn't have a clue. :(

#14 nirvana4all  OFFLINE  

nirvana4all

Sentient Program Operator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 5:42 pm

Dealing with confused clueless customer service folks would never happen. :rolleyes:
A computer can only be as smart as the person running it. :crash:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users