Walmart officially announces "Christmas Price Guarantee"

Brad

oh goodness. Someone will always find to poopoo on. So none of you naysayers EVER shop at walmart aside from the holidays? If you bought the items at the price you deemed good, then why be upset that they are offereing you a giftcard for the difference *IF* it goes better price?

At the bottom of the Christmas match guarantee it states it excludes bf ads. The regular ad match guarantee is something different. It refers to on the spot matching. THe christmas matching means you can buy it November 1 and up till christmas get a gift card for the cheaper price. Totally different scenario.

When looking at the link Brad posted, it does say it excludes Black Friday....it also doesn't address when they put the price lower, so as someone suggested, keep receipts with you and buy the item cheaper and return with the other receipt.

On Walmart.com, search for the article called "Our Ad Match Guarantee". It does not say anything about excluding BF ads. To be safe, you may want to print it out and take it with you on BF.

WM is my first stop every year. I get all the dvds and other stuff I want to price match in my basket, then hang out by the pallet that has what I want until they drop the ropes. I've never had a problem with WM not matching the price at other stores. Even if the store opens later than when WM releases their items and the ad says price valid from __ am to whenever, WM has always price matched for me.

That wouldn't apply in this case. You would buy the item at walmart, NOT buy it cheaper, and return with the other stores ad for a gift card. You wouldn't be buying twice from walmart. Only once. They aren't selling you the item at the other stores lower price. YOu have to buy it first at walmart and then come in with your ad. It DOES address when they put the price lower. IT says anytime from November 1 through christmas. You buy it at walmart first at their price and then see an ad somewhere else for cheaper and they just give you a gift card for the difference. Like the story above says, has to be same size, same color , same everything.

When looking at the link Brad posted, it does say it excludes Black Friday....it also doesn't address when they put the price lower, so as someone suggested, keep receipts with you and buy the item cheaper and return with the other receipt.

I just did price matching for the first time last year on BF. I feel like this is only going to complicate and confuse people more!

Story: Last year I called my WM 2 times leading up to BF and spoke to 2 different people Both said No price matching on BF! I took all my local ads with me into the store on BF and walked right up to the head manager and said, " Are you price matching today?" He said, "YES, As long as you have the ad." Then as I got to the cashier and she said "Were not price matching today!" " I said, "I asked your manager when I walked in!!" She honored the PM. bottom line WM can be impossible to get a straight answer from with regular PM I don't even want to think about trying to decode this whole rule!! UGH!

You can still pm on BF, but this Price Guarantee is a sham. Trust me, I've sat in on conference calls for days and no one can answer some basic questions, such as distance of store, allotted purchase timeframe, etc. Basically a positive themed program that most won't be able to take advantage of. Many people will buy with the added insurance and never mess with watching for better prices or standing in line for hours to get an adjustment.

Many people will buy with the added insurance and never mess with watching for better prices or standing in line for hours to get an adjustment.

That is what they were hoping for:) They draw people in with promises but if consumers don't complete their due diligence the guarantee costs them nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they will price match if you put it on their Christmas layaway program?

This is my question as well. I have a layaway in now, and there are a number of items that will be in other ads. I want to know if I should make plans to try and go and buy them at the other places, or try and get an adjustment on the layaway.

Edited by DCat1978
spelling

This is my question as well. I have a layaway in now, and there are a number of items that will be in other ads. I want to know if I should make plans to try and go and buy them at the other places, or try and get an adjustment on the layaway.

IF the day you pick up your layaway you have in hand the ads that reflect a cheaper price then yes they will PM.As long as the ad is current.Even on BF.