Walmart officially announces "Christmas Price Guarantee"

Brad

I stopped reading the release when they started all the "about WM" stuff. :eek: The small print does say excludes BF "ads", which I would intrept to mean all the items in that ad, not just the one's on sale Friday. Only WM knows how they'll intrepret it tho. Edited by barc

Offer excludes: Black Friday ads, expired ads, offers with Gift Cards, internet pricing, limited time or quantity offers (i.e. 6 hour sales), percentage off ads, bundles, trade-in offers, offers that require a purchase or gift provided with purchase, clearance or ads with typographical errors. The Christmas Price Guarantee does not apply to grocery items, non-branded items (i.e. live plants), tobacco, firearms, gasoline, tires, prescription drugs, optical, or wireless products that require a service agreement.

it does matter

but all this really states is if you buy it before, they will not PM it on BF for you, BUT they will any other ad during that time

exactly my point riven3d ... Target's add isn't valid just on Black Friday .. but it is also valid on Saturday .. so you should be able to use the guarantee for Target's add - which normally comes out a few weeks before Black Friday.

An I read it that they will do their Christmas Price Guarantee on any Black Friday ad - like Best Buy, Sears, JCP, etc that is for sales on Black Friday only. It says nothing about not price matching other stores' adds on BF.

Guest vita555

The deal is like a rug being pulled out from under you.

It's just a way for Walmart to keep the money there

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

So you take the original purchase back for refund and get another one at PM'ed.

That would be one way of getting your item at discounted rate especially if they have customer service desk open during sale hours which is unlikely. You'll probably have to rebuy at PM amount and return the original later in the day if finances/quantities allow. I think the point Riven3d was trying to make is that the Christmas Guarantee does not apply to BF prices but that PM will be allowed on BF as always.

Note that not only are BF ads excluded, but all "limited time" ads from competitors are excluded--i.e. Doorbuster type sales on any day.

Remember to always keep your recipts and your best option may be to buy something at a lower price if you find it, then return the Walmart (or other store) purchase. This works best when you use credit cards as you may not even pay for the purchase before the return credit appears on the statement.

I think this is a fair deal, as you can always find something you need at walmart to spend the refund money on. I hope they do the "live" price matching as well (which I have never used, but lets see).

What these "price match after the sale" deals count on is that most people won't actually spend much time checking prices for items they already bought--they are onto other things--and will generally only notice if they happen to see an ad for the item even though they are not looking (and some others won't actually make the effort to get the refund, especially if it is small. So the key is to keep monitoring ads and sales, even for items you have already purchased, while you are busy shopping for other things.

Well for most things (barring some electronics), there's a 90 day return policy, which would cover the entire range between 11/1/11 and 12/25/11. So for any significant purchase, just save the packaging and your receipt. When the ad comes out, instead of using that policy, just return and then re-buy the item while price matching it.

Also, never listen to what the managers SAY is on the list for the shorter return windows. Make sure to read the posted signs to verify what the managers say.

I tried to return a printer and the manager on duty tried to say that it fell under the 15 day window, when the posted signs in electronics didn't specifically mention printers, but the only category which printers could have fallen under was a 45 day limit (which I was within). Before I checked, he offered to "do me a favor" and accept the return anyways. I thought something didn't sound right and checked the signs. I was right. I figured it was an honest mistake, so I went back to politely let the manager know that he was wrong so this wouldn't accidentally happen to another customer. That's when the stunning thing happened. He recited the correct date that I bought it, but tried to claim that I would have been outside the 45 day limit anyways, which was hilarious because I was within the limit by a little over a week. When I tried to tell him that, he ignored me in walked off.

Guess that shows the basic intelligence of the types of people Wallyworld promotes to that position. :eyepoppin

Guess that shows the basic intelligence of the types of people Wallyworld promotes to that position. :eyepoppin

That's a little harsh...but I agree that some Walmart employees and management are useless at best. Sadly, I'm heading there in a little bit and may have to speak to a manger if I get same BS responses as I did last time from department staff. If they don't aggravate me I may try and find out what their plan is for BF:P

The price matching may only benefit someone looking for a Paula Deen Cookware set or a certain Toy that WalMart carries. Target and WalMart dont carry very many "SAME" items. This PLOY they are doing is to get you in the door to spend your money with them FIRST so you think you are safe in spending with them first.

ITS ALL PSYCHOLOGICAL!!!

the price match issue was i needed to bring the item and the reciept to do it. I said heck with that....I had the reciept from item at home went repurchased for the lower price and went from check out to return counter with the item and my old reciept and done. all they did was make one more item to put back on the shelf when they could of just did the adjustment in first place

On Walmart.com, search for the article called "Our Ad Match Guarantee". It does not say anything about excluding BF ads. To be safe, you may want to print it out and take it with you on BF.

WM is my first stop every year. I get all the dvds and other stuff I want to price match in my basket, then hang out by the pallet that has what I want until they drop the ropes. I've never had a problem with WM not matching the price at other stores. Even if the store opens later than when WM releases their items and the ad says price valid from __ am to whenever, WM has always price matched for me.