Kids' Odd Gift Requests

pogiporkchop

My kindergartener has requested a suitcase from Santa, wouldn't be so odd if she weren't only five.

I got my niece one for her 4th birthday. She was having fun rolling her friends' suitcases around on a sleepover once, so I figured that would be a fun gift. She told her mom it was her favorite present (and she got a bike that year too)! She packs her toys in it and rolls it around the house. It's also good for its intended purpose - overnights at Grammy's!

My kindergartener has requested a suitcase from Santa, wouldn't be so odd if she weren't only five.

My son asked for a suitcase with wheels for his 3rd birthday. He wanted to be able to pack toys to take back and forth to his grandparent's house. We got him one and he does use it!

• 2 weeks later...
My 5 year old is asking for mashed potatoes and popsicles, and that is all he wants. He can not tell me anything else he wants. Now we are less than three weeks before Christmas and I only have 5 gifts for him cause I have no idea what to buy him.

Malyah (13) asks for peanut butter every year and my moms home made pickles. my oldest wants her rent paid (shes 20 and in college). lol My son (14) wants his own credit card with his name on it. lol

My 14 yr. old son got the prepaid visa (i think it's called green dot) and they sent him another card (after he activated it) with his name on it. He was so proud, he would pull it out everywhere we went saying "I'll take care of this Mom" :P

Love this thread! My 6 yo son has asked for a Hickory Farms gift box for the last three years ever since my dh got one as an office present. He loves it. I bought the sausage, cheese and mustard separately this year for our tree decorating and he was upset that it wasn't in a box. I tried to explain that you get more when you buy them out of the box and he still was a little upset about it. I guess Santa will buy the actual box for Christmas.

my 4yo dd wants (these are her words..lol) "mommy I want a plush rudolph pulling a magical sleigh that can fly in the air and go in the snow" I could just squeeze her!!! :) :)

that's precious....AND reminds me that the build a rudolph fabric we bought 2 years ago at walmart after xmas and the fiberfill we bought from joanns last year is still waiting to be made into 2 rudolphs for GS and nephew. Maybe we can build/attach a little (detachable) sleigh.

I had lost my 16 yr old's first Wish List, so today I had her write a new one, as I'm looking for another gift or two for her.

Today's Wish List had a THONG on it! :eek:

For those that don't know about her, she's 16 by age, not by mentality, she's much younger. And a THONG! Heck no!

That's all I got for Odd Gift Requests this year.

well slightly off the KIDS ones, my husband is actually mad at me because as I was pushing the Keurig (in box) around the kitchen floor to get it out of my way until I set it up, he tells me he wants it for his Christmas gift, I tell him no, that its a kitchen appliance and not his gift plus I want to get it set up now before the holidays so we can use it. Its to replace the leaking Senseo we have, not a present. He only drinks coffee on the weekend so not like he's a coffee aficionado, he is doing it because he doesn't have anything on his list for me and I keep bugging him to come up with some things. He collects beer cans but I can't buy those for him and have gone through the whole list of tools, music, beer accessories, etc and he says nothing. Ok, mad in that he isn't talking to me, I swear if I could give him a V-8 smack to the head sometimes I would, its like REALLY, you are upset because I don't want to give you a gift that really to him wouldn't be a gift so that you don't actually have to think......It would be like getting me a mop for christmas (we have a houseful of carpet no bare floors), no meaning. I actually am fustrated to the point of just saying I have had enough, everyone expects me to do everything (all the baking, buying, wrapping, cleaning, cooking, decorating) and when I ask for help I actually get an attitude or anger about it.

Ok so back on point, my son ask for a Jedi Robe (its like a bathrobe but looks like the Jedi cloak LOL) its like $80 or so buck and has to come from Europe....

Ok so back on point, my son ask for a Jedi Robe (its like a bathrobe but looks like the Jedi cloak LOL) its like $80 or so buck and has to come from Europe....

that sounds fun :P

Just get the hubby a box full of boxes wrapped with a gift card to something inside or cash even and let him worry about it. I know that's not the idea but if you're out of ideas and he's not helping you what else can you do.

the other day, DS asked for big boxes of Frosted Flakes and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. He's 14. Guess what he's getting?

Gotta love the easy ones to fill --- easy to wrap too!

My niece who is 7 wants a penguin. And she wants a live one, not a toy. LOL.

Tell her that they can't be litterbox-trained.

Love this thread! My 6 yo son has asked for a Hickory Farms gift box for the last three years ever since my dh got one as an office present. He loves it. I bought the sausage, cheese and mustard separately this year for our tree decorating and he was upset that it wasn't in a box. I tried to explain that you get more when you buy them out of the box and he still was a little upset about it. I guess Santa will buy the actual box for Christmas.

They are on sale at Target this weekend for 50% off- you can get the small one for $5!

A lady at work said her 2 yr old granddaughter wants a BRA for christmas and not a training bra, a REAL bra (they tried a halftop/trainer type). They are going to get her a bathing suit top. Hmmm gotta wonder where she got That idea from!

Last year my 11 yr old asked for "6 jars of peanut butter, creamy". Grandma packaged them in a diet coke box- cute. He was so happy!

One year when he was smaller and learning about swear words (not allowed in our house) he asked for "A grandma that doesn't swear"

(because she swears a lot in traffic!) To which she said "xxxx that!" ha ha no just kidding.

My DS12 wants all his presents wrapped in Minecraft cobblestone wrapping paper. :( He has brought it up several times now. The first order I placed I didn't order the paper, but after he brought it up again I did. All my paper matches my tree and decorations, cobblestone is not in the decorating. I guess I'll do one and tie lots of red ribbon around it, or maybe wrap it in cobblestone then wrap that in gingerbread...

http://www.jinx.com/p/minecraft_cobblestone_wrapping_paper.html?catid=&cs=1&csd=&preview=1&s=minecraft

My DS12 wants all his presents wrapped in Minecraft cobblestone wrapping paper. :( He has brought it up several times now.

That is kind of hideous for combining with holiday stuff. Why couldn't they do a red or green version for the holidays?

Reminds me of the year the bf asked for BestBuy wrapping paper. He did not get it but bought himself tons if rolls in the after holidays sale.