Kids' Odd Gift Requests

pogiporkchop

Lol, I'm in Texas..and we just recently started having Sundrop sold in our area. Before then it was a huge treat to get Sundrop when we went to visit family in Tennessee (where our Dad is from). I remember it fondly as a child! I think that is an awesome gift request!

DD8: mini car, mini house. Not toys. Real car and house, just child-sized.

DD6: real Dora (not sure what she means by that)

DS4: a full-size Tansformer robot/car that can walk, talk, and transform itself. Basically, he wants Bumblebee as he is in the movies. If he can't have that, he wants this:

http://www.evriholder.com/images/Pepperidge/Goldfish_Container_collage.jpg

My sis's has twin boys, grown now - every year , last item on his list, one twin asks for a new butt (cuz his has a crack in it) LOL Sis always gets him a tube of boudreaux butt paste for his stocking, even now:)

This cracks me up! (pun intended)

What a great sense of humor he has!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 53 and still asking for a lion... Of course I also want a LLama....but I only started asking for that when I was in my 20's.

Hmm I dunno about a lion....but Heifer International makes it easy to gift a llama!

Actually, your request for a lion reminds me of the movie "Second hand lions"........I think you need to have a corn field before you can get yourself a lion. Otherwise...where would you put the lion?

Well, I don't have a kid but I have two 81 year old parents that keep me on my toes. My dad, (in all seriousness, due to his stroke last year) told me over the weekend that he is tired of having so much trouble chewing. He says his dentures are 'worn flat in the back and dull up front' and he wants me to find a place where he can "get his teeth sharpened". I told him "Forget it Dad, you'll bite your tongue off". :gdchatter:

Never fear ...I am calling around to see about getting him a new pair of dentures for Christmas. Not going to let the poor guy starve. (But I'll be honest...he doesn't seem to have any trouble eating the cookies and goodies we've started making with these "worn and dull dentures.")

Well add my ds13 to the list. This year so far it has been "10#'s of Reeses peanut butter cups", thats ALL! He doesn't want anything for Christmas. I guess he has everything else he could possibly want! My oldest son when he was 3 asked for a vacuum, and a white lion. When I was little I asked for a case of v8 juice every year and some salami from a deli in San Fransico that I loved. My DH would tease my older kids every year he wanted a new truck, he got keys in the very bottem of his stocking one year to his "new truck".