Whats the going price for a Turkey in your area?

darrellandtammy

You talking about frozen birds?

If so, about .69 to 1.89 a lb, depending on where you go & what kind you get.

Each year, I usually wait for the sales.

Last year a local store had them for .17/lb as long as you spent $20 on other items (which is easy to do, we can always use a few extra groceries)

I think they are like .69 a pound. I never pay for a turkey. In shoprite if you spend $300 from Oct to Dec.2 You can get a free turkey or use the coupon to get 10% off your order. i already have 2 coupons so I am using one for a turkey and the other to buy the rest of the stuff I need.

I think they are like .69 a pound. I never pay for a turkey. In shoprite if you spend $300 from Oct to Dec.2 You can get a free turkey or use the coupon to get 10% off your order. i already have 2 coupons so I am using one for a turkey and the other to buy the rest of the stuff I need.

Wow ... $300 ??? I believe around this part of Long Island its around $125 ...

@

Guest all2tired
Ummm they're free with 5 certificates ($50 purchase gives you 1 certificate) I now have Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner for free.

We have a store over here called PriceRite (they are owned by ShopRite) and everything there is WAY cheaper then regular supermarkets. The only major difference with this supermarket is 1. You either buy or bring your own shopping bags then bag your own stuff and 2. There is no Deli or seafood section. Other then that, they sell almost everything other supermarkets would sell. Anyway, they sell turkeys for Thanksgiving for .17 cents a pound! Needless to say, that is where we buy our turkey from lol. People were there last year buying 3 or 4.

I'm not sure because DH usually does the shopping on Sat mornings while I'm sleeping. BUT I just found out my son and his wife and gd are coming after they make a "have to" visit to her cousin's for their first dinner. We will be invited to but are opting out since its in the middle of nowhere. I am seriously considering buying one of those "pre-cooked" dinners from Jewel! LOL I think you get everything for around 35.

Wow ... $300 ??? I believe around this part of Long Island its around $125 ...

@

Yea it's $300 for every 10% or free turkey. but you can only get up to 5 of them. I didn't think $300 a month was alot when it came to food cause I spend more then that for the month on food.