Amazon Toy Discussion Thread

noehlp

I have pretty much had to move on to other sites this year. :( I just can't wait and hope the things that I am hoping to get will turn up on sale on Amazon. I cleaned up on that site last year and just love them, but this Christmas season I have NOT been impressed. I have found better toy and game deals elsewhere!

im glad im not alone, i literally have done 99% of my Christmas shopping on Amazon for the past 3-4 years. I thought maybe i was jumping the gun but i checked all my old orders and i was getting awesome, awesome deals by now. everything in my cart keeps going UP. I remember the past years you almost couldnt even keep up with the amazon deals thread it was constant deals. I guess i better open my eyes and start shopping elsewhere!!

toys I got mostly at Target over summer/January clearance bought one each at penneys and kohls on BF. Blurays I've pretty much stayed away from aside from a handful at amazon and a few each at target and BB. I had a few amazon deliveries a day last year starting week before BF and this year maybe 10 total from Amazon.I did get a good deal on a GPS with lifetime maps and traffic though.

I have found some great toy deals at Mattel. No tax, free shipping during some sales, and a good percentage off helps there. Was able to pick up a fair amount of things on Black Friday. Toys R US has had comparable game deals to Amazon. Best Buy has also had some great game deals as well. Much better than in years past.

I usually just start down my list for an item and check the price at the major retailers and choose who I am buying from that way. Takes a bit longer but this year seems to be the year of "shopping around". Also by reading the forums here! :)

Dear Amazon....you are killing me. Where are all those wonderful toy sales that we all have been spoiled by? I sit all day and check your site and my heart is breaking. Can you hear me? Please let us feel your love by posting them again. I will sit and wait for you. Please don't let me down. I hope we aren't breaking up.

;)

Ditto on the dissapointment from amazon. I really didn't do any toy shopping with them, but they were good for movies and video games. Toys R Us got a lot of my online business using shoprunner (free ship, no minimum). I kept waiting for Amazon to price match toys that were on sale from other sites, but they never did. I'm done now, so I might be a little mad if they started having good deals with such short notice.

Yeah, I was just thinking that you got quite a few good deals up tonight, noehlp! I was a little late to get the Lego Atlantis set for $10.99 (went up to $14.99-Reg $30), but that was a really great deal! (still isn't bad at all) Legos are about the only thing my son wants this year, so I've been buying lots of those! I also bought some of the baby toys that you all have posted in that thread for my baby nephew and another family we were helping out a little. Thanks for posting lots of deals in there today (and throughout the season)!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought the Loopz game for $5... I have no need for it.. Plus it was only $5 shipped via Prime Trial.. Maybe I could use it for the tree at work.. I already have two items from there.. Last year I did 5 (I think.. or 6).. Starting early.. My kids get enough.. Might as well give some unfortunate children a happy(er) xmas...

I bought the Loopz game for $5... I have no need for it.. Plus it was only $5 shipped via Prime Trial.. Maybe I could use it for the tree at work.. I already have two items from there.. Last year I did 5 (I think.. or 6).. Starting early.. My kids get enough.. Might as well give some unfortunate children a happy(er) xmas...

That is awesome of you to do! :)