Saving GC's For Black Friday!

bfaddict1977

I like to buy BB gift cards early. I am part of the rewards program and a lot of time the points don't hit from BF till after the cutoff. And since a large majority of the money I spend there is on BF I started using cards when they started counting them.

Plus it is great when you have your kids buying stuff for you, not passing around a lot of green money.

If you don't bring them with you when you shop you can't spend them. I put mine away all year and leave them in a drawer until BF, that way I'm never tempted to use them. And when they are for stores like BB or TRU I don't shop there that often anyways unless it's BF or maybe someones birthday.

So far I have over $150 in Menards rebates saved up to use on BF and over $40 in Old Navy rewards with more on the way. The Menards ones will be hard not to use before then!

This is the first year I've tried to do this. I didn't start until a couple of months ago though. I have 15.00 in Target gift cards. I had 20 in walmart gc but I used it to buy a christmas present that was on clearance. I also had 25.00 in gc to amazon. I used 16.00 of it for my daughters bday. I am hoping to have at least another 25.00 in gift cards for Amazon by BF. I am expecting my school check to come in soon and I am planning on getting some gc with it. I leave mine gc's in my change jar (also for christmas) and I don't take them out..

Every Year I ask my family to give me gift cards and gift certificates... They have gotten good with the gift certificates - but hardly ever give me gift cards... I know they know I will save them up to buy gifts for them - but it DOES help my budget in the long run! Do you all purchase these gift cards at a discount or get them as part of a rebate on an item? I need to start doing what ever you all are doing to get my hands on them for BF! (If not by this year, then by next.) ;)

don't forget about sites like www.plasticjungle.com where you can buy gift cards at varying discounts. if you know you'll be spending $ at a certain store on BF (or whenever), it's an easy way to save 5-20% or so (plus if you pay with a credit card you could possibly earn CC rewards with the purchase).