Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Monster High Abbey Bominable

405 replies to this topic

#91 magst24  OFFLINE  

magst24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 29, 2011 - 2:43 pm

Some of the limbs, such as the arms and hands, are made to detach in order to dress and undress the dolls. I just had to put the hands back on my niece's Draculaura, which she's had for almost a year. She has repeatedly removed the limbs of her dolls, and none of the pieces have broken as of yet. I don't think the legs are supposed to come off, though, so that doll you had may have been defective.

The ball at the end of the arms broke off and stayed in the doll. She is always taking their clothes off! Found Abby last night and told her do not undress this one!!!LOL

#92 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,968 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 2, 2011 - 9:22 am

Just got an email from my cousin her 2 daughters are looking for these dolls. I hope I can get the information to them so they can get them. Please post if anyone finds them Thanks

#93 Buckeye Shopper  OFFLINE  

Buckeye Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 2, 2011 - 9:38 am

Just got an email from my cousin her 2 daughters are looking for these dolls. I hope I can get the information to them so they can get them. Please post if anyone finds them Thanks

I wasn't looking for this doll in the beginning just trying to help others find her, and even had one in my hand a month ago... now dd wants her and I can't find her either.

#94 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 2, 2011 - 10:42 am

The easiest way to find her is on amazon. Sign up for email and text alerts on nowinstock.net. I had it ordered the same day I signed up with no tax and free shipping. I got Abbey and Spectra both. I get the text alerts in teh middle of the night, but she usually is out of stock within a few minutes or hours, so buy as soon as you get the alert. You can also choose target as a store if you choose. I signed up with info a poster sent me on here at about noon. The text alert came at 4 and I had her 2 days later.

I wasn't looking for this doll in the beginning just trying to help others find her, and even had one in my hand a month ago... now dd wants her and I can't find her either.

#95 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,968 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 2, 2011 - 11:02 am

Yes I signed up for that. I also told my cousin to sign up also since she is California.

#96 Kim3498  OFFLINE  

Kim3498

Shopoholic

• 1,052 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 5, 2011 - 4:27 pm

Has anyone found the release date for the Torelei Stripes doll? I have heard that it has already been released in Australia.

#97 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 5, 2011 - 4:34 pm

I don't think she's a Mattel doll. I googled her and I kept finding her and it said by Designdolls, custom made. They had a few others also. Evie Hallows, Hannah, Lecter. among others. THere is no mention of her on the Mattel site or any mention of mattel on any of the posts about her.

#98 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 5, 2011 - 4:37 pm

I found one forum that said they are on ebay for 30, don't know if they are real though. She also stated us release date was December, but the ones i found are not real.

#99 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 5, 2011 - 4:37 pm

http://www.ebay.com....3#ht_867wt_1139

#100 Kim3498  OFFLINE  

Kim3498

Shopoholic

• 1,052 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 5, 2011 - 4:39 pm

I found one forum that said they are on ebay for 30, don't know if they are real though. She also stated us release date was December, but the ones i found are not real.

She was featured in the Mattel booth at the 2011 San Diego Comic Con. They did not say for sure on the release date, though..... I had originally found a release date of late December, but I can no longer find that info to verify.

EDIT: I just found where I got my original info and the supposed release date if it has not changed is December 18th. Please remember that this info comes from a Monster High Forum and is not official. I will call Mattel myself on Monday and post an update in case anyone else is looking for this doll too. Hopefully it will be earlier than that. If it comes out that late in December it's gonna make it nearly impossible to find.

EDIT: I called Mattel, and was told that it looks like Torelei will not be released until 2012 along with Nefra De Nile. At least we won't be rushing to try to find her before Christmas.

Edited by Kim3498, Nov 10, 2011 - 4:41 pm.

#101 1angelnhvn  OFFLINE  

1angelnhvn

Shopoholic

• 1,457 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 10, 2011 - 4:36 pm

Still looking for Abbey! Any recent sightings in store? (I have my alerts set up but nothing lately)

#102 Briasmom  OFFLINE  

Briasmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 10, 2011 - 5:20 pm

Still looking for Abbey! Any recent sightings in store? (I have my alerts set up but nothing lately)

I got abbey and spectra both at justice this weekend. They are $30 each but after the 40% off coupon it came to $36 for both.they had only one spectra but 2 abbey.

#103 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 3:32 am

Why would they have such a high markup. They were only 17 on amazon. I would think retail stores would have to go with the retail prices.

I got abbey and spectra both at justice this weekend. They are $30 each but after the 40% off coupon it came to $36 for both.they had only one spectra but 2 abbey.

#104 Buckeye Shopper  OFFLINE  

Buckeye Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 3:46 am

Why would they have such a high markup. They were only 17 on amazon. I would think retail stores would have to go with the retail prices.

All prices are inflated at justice.

#105 oandesmom814  OFFLINE  

oandesmom814

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 1:48 pm

I'm looking for abbey too! I call Target and TRU daily! Of course my daughter is crazy about the one doll I can't find. I did find spectra at target last week though! I'll have to call our justice store to check for abbey there. I set my alerts too, but nothing so far.

#106 hack2222  OFFLINE  

hack2222

• 1,014 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 2:17 pm

http://www.toywiz.co...raleidiary.html
59.99 for torelei only a few left

#107 Buckeye Shopper  OFFLINE  

Buckeye Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 2:51 pm

http://www.toywiz.co...raleidiary.html
59.99 for torelei only a few left

She is really cool.

#108 magst24  OFFLINE  

magst24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 4:11 pm

I'm looking for abbey too! I call Target and TRU daily! Of course my daughter is crazy about the one doll I can't find. I did find spectra at target last week though! I'll have to call our justice store to check for abbey there. I set my alerts too, but nothing so far.

I found my Abbey at Bon-Ton, If you have one around. Maybe Boscovs? I just took a chance with Bon-Ton and of course my daughter was with me so she got it then! I have Spectra hidden away

#109 civicracinggirl7  OFFLINE  

civicracinggirl7

• 1,143 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 5:32 pm

I still haven't found Abbey. I received one alert from nowinstock.net since I signed up for it a couple of weeks ago... it was an alert from Target. By the time I got to it, an hour and a half later, it was sold out. The site said it was "in stock" at my local store, as well, but it was not. I have not seen any Monster High shipments come in in at least a week or so, either. The closest Bon-Ton and Boscov's are an hour and a half away

#110 hack2222  OFFLINE  

hack2222

• 1,014 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 13, 2011 - 3:43 pm

kmart.com added them to their website today. Sold out at moment, but has it available for you to check if its in a store near you for pickup.

#111 savvybuys  OFFLINE  

savvybuys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 14, 2011 - 10:02 am

I don't mind saying that I am so frustrated trying to find this doll...There are tons listed on Ebay for absord prices so someone is finding them. I did finally get Spectra over the weekend at Target for just $14.49 on price cut. The Target employee did tell me that they come in a box of assorted..and they never know which doll is in there...So probably would be best to find them online..I am not going to go store to store looking anymore...

#112 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 14, 2011 - 10:21 am

I found all mine in store so don't give up, try to ask toy dept. when they get shipments, that seems to help. TY for posting tori, now I know which color box to scan for :D

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#113 pinkshamrocks  OFFLINE  

pinkshamrocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 14, 2011 - 10:29 am

I ordered Abbey Bomidable online from KMart since the item was showing instock at my local store. Received a phone call this morning to say that there's no way to actually order a specific doll from the store online; they all have the same code. ugh! The search continues!

#114 Buckeye Shopper  OFFLINE  

Buckeye Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 14, 2011 - 10:41 am

My zoolert went off earlier today, she was in stock at tru.com. I signed up on nowinstock.net, I didn't have any luck with that site. I finally found mine at toysrus a week and a half ago. Also, she wasn't on the shelf, a dear assocoate checked the box at the top of the shelf for me and one specrta and one abbey was in there, the rest were the older dolls.

Edited by Buckeye Shopper, Nov 14, 2011 - 10:45 am.
additional info

#115 savvybuys  OFFLINE  

savvybuys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 14, 2011 - 11:36 am

I ordered Abbey Bomidable online from KMart since the item was showing instock at my local store. Received a phone call this morning to say that there's no way to actually order a specific doll from the store online; they all have the same code. ugh! The search continues!

Yep! That is what I was told..They all have the same SKU and the come asst in a box...Most sales asssociates are to lazy to go digging through boxes for you..So you are out of luck if they dont have them on the floor.

#116 TarheelBFFan  OFFLINE  

TarheelBFFan

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 14, 2011 - 1:57 pm

Saw the wonderful post about Kmart.com. Placed an order as a store within 20 miles had them in stock. Order confirmed as Abbey. This morning email from Kmart said "Congratulations, Draculaura is now ready to be picked up". Called they had the boy and Frankie waiting for me. I said no thanks. Now awaiting a refund. Told same, that they all come shipped together with same code. It is "hit and miss" if that store will ACTUALLY have Abbey.

#117 love a deal  OFFLINE  

love a deal

• 1,133 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 15, 2011 - 4:51 pm

Found BOTH Abbey Bominable and Spectra Spectra Vondergeist at Justice this morning. They hold stuff, so that's a good place to check.

#118 Kim3498  OFFLINE  

Kim3498

Shopoholic

• 1,052 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 16, 2011 - 5:01 pm

Well, looks like Toralei Stripe is gonna hit the US before Christmas after all. Other sellers have her on Amazon now. It appears that Amazon has had her in the last couple of days for $19.99 because it is coming up on price search engines. Geez, another one of these dolls to search for. They would bring her out now, just when I gave up on looking because of Mattel customer service telling me they would not be out until February 2012.:mad:

#119 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 16, 2011 - 5:12 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I know to start checking again :)

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#120 Kim3498  OFFLINE  

Kim3498

Shopoholic

• 1,052 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 16, 2011 - 6:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I know to start checking again :)

Your welcome. Hope everyone who needs the doll gets her!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users