Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Monster High Abbey Bominable

405 replies to this topic

#61 jade2002  OFFLINE  

jade2002

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 6, 2011 - 3:43 pm

That's just an estimate. I have 2 day shipping also and mine are estimated for the 11th. Amazon has 2 days to ship which would be Saturday and I'm not so sure they ship on Saturdays. Chances are(well most times) it will go out tomorrow and we should get them around the beginning of next week sometime.

#62 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 6, 2011 - 4:32 pm

I've been ordering on Amazon for several years and 2 day prime means you receive it in 2 days. I have not ever once not received an item in 2 days. I am going to call tomorrow and see what's up.

#63 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 6, 2011 - 4:37 pm

I get prime packages on Saturdays.

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#64 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 6, 2011 - 4:52 pm

We don't becuse they are shipped UPS and in central Illinois, they don't run on Saturdays.

I get prime packages on Saturdays.

#65 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 6, 2011 - 4:59 pm

WoW I feel special now :D Anyways I looked and my Abbey does not ship until then either...but that is ok. I almost bet it said it on the page before I ordered and I just didn't pay any attention. Its happened a few times were it says in red letters "ships in 1-2wks" or something and I just don't always catch it The Wizards of Oz I ordered last night with Prime....october 21st!!! I didn't even notice until I just looked at Abbey!

#66 tchubb  OFFLINE  

tchubb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 6, 2011 - 5:56 pm

I ordered two MH Abbey's on Amazon going to two different addresses. The first one I ordered said it would arrive on Oct 13 and the second said Oct 7th (both using Prime 2 day shipping). They both shipped the same day and the tracking has them both arriving on the 7th. Not sure why they had Oct 13 but it could have something to do with where the package is originating from.

#67 Kim3498  OFFLINE  

Kim3498

Shopoholic

• 1,052 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 6, 2011 - 6:54 pm

Just got my second Abbey. She's back in stock on Amazon right now for $17.99!

Edited by Kim3498, Oct 6, 2011 - 7:33 pm.

#68 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 7, 2011 - 3:39 am

They are still both in stock this morning at 6:30.

#69 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 7, 2011 - 11:21 am

FYI to those that ordered mine DID ship out this morning instead of the estimated ship date. Just a heads up!

#70 Finnegan  OFFLINE  

Finnegan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 11, 2011 - 7:52 am

This morning both Spectra and Abbey became available on Amazon... go fast. one is 17.99 and one 19.00 and free ship with super saver. I almost spent $30+ shipping a piece in an ebay auction last night on these yesterday.

#71 mysschevous  OFFLINE  

mysschevous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 11, 2011 - 8:20 am

I got 2 Abbeys! I always buy toys for the less fortunate for the holiday through our town. I hope these make some little girl REALLY happy! :)

#72 Marvelman  OFFLINE  

Marvelman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 11, 2011 - 8:29 am

Abbey still at Amazon for $17.99

#73 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 11, 2011 - 9:04 am

I received a good tip on here last week in a private message. I signed up for nowinstock.net and whenever it goes in stock I get a text message. Within 2 hours of signing up, they became available on amazon and were delivered today. Later in the week they became available at 3 am. THey showed again this morning, so I turned off the alerts, but it's a great service. No need to spend too much elsewhere, I had 3 opportunities this week to buy more, last time they were available till the next day.

This morning both Spectra and Abbey became available on Amazon... go fast. one is 17.99 and one 19.00 and free ship with super saver. I almost spent $30+ shipping a piece in an ebay auction last night on these yesterday.

#74 civicracinggirl7  OFFLINE  

civicracinggirl7

• 1,143 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 24, 2011 - 6:47 pm

I have also been searching for Abbey for the past few weeks. I work for Kmart, and found both she and Spectra on the shelf about a month or so ago. I did not think to get them at that time. A few days later, they were both gone. I have checked every time I work, and they have not arrived again. I finally got a Spectra the other night, when a new shipment arrived. We received two boxes of dolls, each of which contained about 6 dolls. There was one Spectra between the two boxes. No Abbey. There was also one Clawdeen doll, a couple of Hyde dolls, Frankie dolls, and I believe Lagoona or Ghoulia. These were the "original" dolls. There was a third box that contained the classroom dolls. This had a couple of Lagoona dolls, and I want to think Frankie and Ghoulia. (These come to about 4-5 dolls per box). Just to give everyone an idea of how Mattel is sending these dolls out. I will continue my search for Abbey, and can keep an eye out for Spectra for anyone who may be looking for her.

#75 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 25, 2011 - 11:08 am

If you sign up for nowinstock.net. They email you or text you when she becomes available online. I had abbey and spectra both in less than 6 hours and still get notifications even in the middle of the night.

#76 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,584 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 25, 2011 - 11:51 am

I noticed they had these dolls at Kohl's today. They were on sale for $14.99. I don't know a whole lot about them,but some of the dolls were from Gloom Beach (I think it was). It looked like they were in bathing suits. I have a 30% discount to use,so I might get one for my dd7 but she hasn't said which one she wants specifically.

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#77 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 25, 2011 - 12:24 pm

Those are the regular ones. The gloom beach dolls were only 9.99 at walmart last time i checked. The dawn of the dance are 19.99 . The bedtime dolls are 9.99 and the school dolls are 12.99 usually. The beach dolls are the least expensive because they aren't wearing the fancy clothes. They are half off on amazon right now. Abbey however, is rare and hard to find right now, she is a new release.

I noticed they had these dolls at Kohl's today. They were on sale for $14.99.
I don't know a whole lot about them,but some of the dolls were from Gloom Beach (I think it was).
It looked like they were in bathing suits.

I have a 30% discount to use,so I might get one for my dd7 but she hasn't said which one she wants specifically.

#78 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,584 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 25, 2011 - 12:41 pm

Those are the regular ones. The gloom beach dolls were only 9.99 at walmart last time i checked. The dawn of the dance are 19.99 . The bedtime dolls are 9.99 and the school dolls are 12.99 usually. The beach dolls are the least expensive because they aren't wearing the fancy clothes. They are half off on amazon right now. Abbey however, is rare and hard to find right now, she is a new release.

Thank you for letting me know :)
My little girl just mentioned them a few weeks ago so I am just now paying attention.
I think they are kind of neat,but I'm not sure I'll be getting one for her.

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#79 civicracinggirl7  OFFLINE  

civicracinggirl7

• 1,143 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 25, 2011 - 1:12 pm

If you sign up for nowinstock.net. They email you or text you when she becomes available online. I had abbey and spectra both in less than 6 hours and still get notifications even in the middle of the night.

Thanks! I just signed up.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that Spectra is being shipped out with the regular dolls. We received 3 boxes of regular dolls today. Each one contained 1 Spectra, 2 Frankies, Clawdeen, and Hyde. We also received two boxes of the classroom dolls (Ghoulia, Lagoona, Draculaura, etc.). So, if anyone is looking for Spectra, it doesn't look as though she'll be quite as hard to find as she is coming in with the regular shipments. (Not a single Abbey in any of the boxes)

#80 1angelnhvn  OFFLINE  

1angelnhvn

Shopoholic

• 1,457 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 26, 2011 - 8:57 am

Thanks! I just signed up.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that Spectra is being shipped out with the regular dolls. We received 3 boxes of regular dolls today. Each one contained 1 Spectra, 2 Frankies, Clawdeen, and Hyde. We also received two boxes of the classroom dolls (Ghoulia, Lagoona, Draculaura, etc.). So, if anyone is looking for Spectra, it doesn't look as though she'll be quite as hard to find as she is coming in with the regular shipments. (Not a single Abbey in any of the boxes)

Finally found Spectra today at Target! I had given up looking for her and after seeing this I thought I would check one more time and there she was. First time I'd seen her anywhere.

#81 pudd75  OFFLINE  

pudd75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 26, 2011 - 10:40 am

Just called my local Target and they said they have Abbey and Spectra in stock. I was there last night and they didn't have it. Hopefully the person who answered the phone knows what they are talking about.

#82 thistledown814  OFFLINE  

thistledown814

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 27, 2011 - 6:19 am

I found a Spectra at Wal-Mart last night. It looked like they had just restocked that area and she was right on the front of the shelf.

#83 1angelnhvn  OFFLINE  

1angelnhvn

Shopoholic

• 1,457 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 27, 2011 - 9:20 am

I found a Spectra at Wal-Mart last night. It looked like they had just restocked that area and she was right on the front of the shelf.

Problem at my walmart is the shelf is stocked full of the older dolls so there's no where to put new stock. Which stinks if someone is looking for that one doll. (the older dolls don't even move) I think the same dolls are there in the same dented up boxes every time I look at walmart.

#84 Crazy Mama  OFFLINE  

Crazy Mama

Shopping Level: Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 27, 2011 - 11:03 am

Wow, I didn't realize yet that some of these were hard to find! I should have huh? My DD is 5 and swears that she wants "all" of these, but I'm sure she'll be happy with whatever as long as she gets Frankie. I hope they are on sale BF, but may not be since there's such shortages here and there already. At Kroger about a month ago I picked up Frankie, Ghoulia, and Spectra as the 3 I thought looked most cute? Good luck, and if you live near a Kroger with toys, you may want to look next time you're there.

#85 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 27, 2011 - 12:05 pm

The older ones aren't hard to find. Only Abbey and Spectra. Abbey is very hard to find, she is gorgeous.

#86 magst24  OFFLINE  

magst24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 27, 2011 - 1:13 pm

The dolls are cute, but break so easily. We play with them every day and most of the dolls are missing arms. The one gloom beach boy doll we had to throw away because his legs fell off! My dd just turned 6.

#87 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,094 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 27, 2011 - 1:32 pm

They sell replacement limbs on mattel, so I guess they made them that way. My grandkids strip them so they are always without clothes. I spent a fortune on clothes on ebay. People are buying them and stripping them. Getting 5.00 just for the shoes.

#88 magst24  OFFLINE  

magst24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 28, 2011 - 5:41 pm

Just had to post!! Found Abbey Bominable tonight at Bon-Ton! They even had 2 of them, no Spectra. I snagged one for my neighbor.

#89 tchubb  OFFLINE  

tchubb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 29, 2011 - 4:44 am

We had a similar problem with a brand new doll. I contacted Mattel and they sent us a replacement doll. It seems that some of the dolls are a little weaker than others.

#90 civicracinggirl7  OFFLINE  

civicracinggirl7

• 1,143 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 29, 2011 - 7:21 am

The dolls are cute, but break so easily. We play with them every day and most of the dolls are missing arms. The one gloom beach boy doll we had to throw away because his legs fell off! My dd just turned 6.

Some of the limbs, such as the arms and hands, are made to detach in order to dress and undress the dolls. I just had to put the hands back on my niece's Draculaura, which she's had for almost a year. She has repeatedly removed the limbs of her dolls, and none of the pieces have broken as of yet. I don't think the legs are supposed to come off, though, so that doll you had may have been defective.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users