Secret Santa 2011 Official Discussion Thread

eve

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I don't have a history of posting out here, but I think it would be fun. My daughter does this for Haloween and she has so much fun putting things together to send and waiting for her package to arrive. Since I love to shop I would love to do this.

You answer questions about likes and dislikes for the ornament exchange. If you say you want a particular ornament that's no fun who shops for you!

That makes sense. I was not sure if you had to purchase for someone's theme specifically, or you could shop for something really beautiful that can go on someone's tree. Certain ornaments can be really hard to find in my area so I would hate to disappoint someone if I couldn't find say a specific Hallmark or something.

In the past I list what I collect and what I like. But your shopper should respect your dislikes too. So if you say no glass then you shouldn't get glass ornaments.

The glass is just an example that I used.

We all have things come up in life so we plan for elves in case something happens and someone can't fulfil their obligation. That is why the same people run it every year. But if you flaked last time you won't be allowed back in this year.

Thanks for the information. I understand much better now.

my situation had drastically gone downhill! i am emailing eve to let her know NOT to put me on the list. i am losing my apt,elec off for 3 days i dont qualify for any kind of help and i will be going to courrt for rent. i will get on here again when i can.i am at the library now.if and when wee get elec on cable will go out cause i cant pay that.see you all on the other side

my situation had drastically gone downhill! i am emailing eve to let her know NOT to put me on the list. i am losing my apt,elec off for 3 days i dont qualify for any kind of help and i will be going to courrt for rent. i will get on here again when i can.i am at the library now.if and when wee get elec on cable will go out cause i cant pay that.see you all on the other side

So sorry....Prayers and lots of cyber hugs to you our friend........please keep us updated

Eve -

just sent you a message. going to have to drop from the secret santa. still would like to do the card exchange. having some complications so I don't want to take the chance that I leave my gift exchange buddy in need of an elf. I don't want to be THAT (bad) santa who leaves someone with an empty stocking. :(

on the plus side my due date is moving closer to the holidays!