Secret Santa 2011 Official Discussion Thread

eve

Alright! Here are mine :)

My SS did an excellent job wrapping and I was going to try and wait but after the hospital with my brother the other night (the night I received my SS and OE) I decided I needed a pick me up so I opened everything :)

My SS sent me:

* GREEN BAY PACKERS CHAMPIONSHIP LICENSE PLATE HOLDER :) - I put it on my car this morning!! LOVE LOVE LOVE :D

* Rafael Nadal's new book - LOVE, been on the library wait list FOREVER :)

* Set of 12 bottle tops that turn your can into a bottle - can't wait to try these, I think they will go with the camping stuff.

* Vanilla Bean Noel wallflowers and a cute snow flake wallflower plug

* An adorable red tea mug (this is the PERFECT size!!) and box of Organic Chai black tea, which have already been brought to work which is why they aren't in the "group" photo :)

* Sour Patch candies, which the boyfriend has already confiscated, and a pack of spearmint Orbit gum which is in my bag in the office :)

My OE sent me:

* A Packers beanie - which is perfect because I lost my green one just like this one a few weeks ago :)

* A Bruins Ornament - GO B's!!!!!!! My ornament is already on my special tree. I have a small little tree that I put all my special ornaments on, things from my grandparents etc. I had already decorated it when I got my OE but next year it will be front and center up top!! LOVE IT!!

Thank you so much to both my SS and my OE, you guys/gals did great!!! LOVE IT ALL! :)

I want to read that book about RAFA also. I love Rafael Nadal!!!!

I was so very excited to open my ss gifts today! She really went all out! I got a bag of candy, an adorable polka dot glass ornament with a T on it (my name is Tami), a cute little tote bag also with a T, a digital photo keychain, a coffee mug, a bath set (sponges, brush, etc), strawberry bubble bath, cherry blossom bath confetti, caramel macchiato cookie mix, a light up snowman ornament, 3 pair of fuzzy socks, true shimmer chap stick, a snowman on a horseshoe ornament, and even a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament for my grandbaby! I am so blessed. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I loved every bit of it!!!:) Edited by Bopeep
to add photo

Sorry for the delay I recieved both my SS and OE gifts when I needed a heart smile ...my Mom died last Saturday, her service was Monday,so when I came home and the gifts were waiting I smiled.I know it was not planned but I like to think it may have been a little sign that there will be smile days ahead.

I am so sorry to for loss.....I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers !

Here is the picture of my OE, I had to quickly take a picture so my cats didn't destroy it (the little monsters!!) Also got an M&M's candy cane but it didn't make it into the picture. Thanks so much for the goodies, the unbreakable ornaments went up on the tree (as high as I could reach) and the more fragile ones I am putting up until next year when the kittens aren't so rowdy (hopefully!!) Love them all, and the nail polish is great! P.S. the picture doesn't do the glass/crystal one justice, it is so pretty! And the pinecone one is so unique, I love it!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/jendeere/003-1.jpg

So sorry for your loss jstluvem... I should have added that to my post yesterday. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. :)

And now (drum roll please)... my SS box arrived! It was a heavy box and my postman was glad to be rid of it. ;) A nice gift bag on top contained six different grinders: black peppercorn, peppercorn medley, garlic pepper, lemon pepper, italian herb and sea salt. A big bag of M&Ms provided cushioning for my big wrapped gift (which had a handmade beaded ornament on it, btw) which is... a 4qt. stock pot! And not just a generic one but a Kitchen Aid! (Can you tell how excited I am yet???) This is one piece of kitchen ware that will NOT be given away if I have to move and I think DH will agree. I LOVE MY (stock) POT! :D THANK YOU!!!!!! :D

P.S. TO my SS - how did you know I was going to cook Italian tonight? Hahaha... I will put your gift to use right away!

In case I am one of the ones someone is waiting for to respond, I want to say that I did get my SS package, and I love it! (Will post pictures later....camera is at home, and I am at work.) First off, my boys were thrilled that there was something there for them. They absolutely LOVED the "coal". They carried those little bags around everywhere. And my youngest is still carrying around the case that the pushpop came in, lol. The boys couldn't believe that someone would send them presents when they didn't even know them. So, thank you very much for that.

Now, on to my goodies. First off, I loved the wrapping paper. So cute! I received 4 adorable snowman plates with coordinating shaker cups. (The kind that has glitter, trinkets, and water in them.) There was an LED snowman that you plug into a USB port. (Never saw these before.) It is so cute. My boys were oohing and awwing over it when we tried it out. There was an adorable pair of striped penguin slippers which I cannot wait to wear! There was a yummy smelling Macintosh Apple Yankee candle and plug-in. There was also some Bath & Body Works items, too...a Secret Wonderland lotion and body spray, and a Winter Candy Apple hand sanitizer. And a bag of Crunch chocolate bells.

I hope I am not forgetting anything. But thank you to my SS! I really enjoyed and appreciated the presents. You did an awesome job picking the gifts out!

I got mine also today. It was so much fun to open. I got an awesome purple harley ornament, a Nashville ornament, also a beautiful sparkley dragonfly ornament in purple. I just love it, my tree is decorated in purple also. I also got some of the good stuff, a moonpie and milk chocolate truffels.

Thanks so much to my OE and SS I loved everything I got. Can't wait until next year

I received my ss gift today. It is awesome, thanks so much, I loved all of it. I got a package of drink mix which was perfect timing since I just finished off a box yesterday. I got a cute Christmas box full of mini reece's cups (my dd already has claimed the box as hers when I finish the candy, lol). I got a great cotton scented candle, some awesome cotton scented lotion and body spray. I also got a cute Christmas mug with hot chocolate mix and finally a great Turtle Wax car care kit. What is great about this is my SS read my answers real close and noticed I said how I like (more like am totally trying my hardest) to keep my new Jeep Commander clean. I told my kids once the weather gets warmer they are totally going out and washing the car with the new supplies. My son was excited since he said he wants to throw the big sponge in the kit at his sister, lol.

Reived my SS yesterday, I loved ever single thing i got. I got a snowman kitchen linnen set, 2 pair snowman socks, snuggie, phillies shirt, wristlet, hand lotin and santizer, stuffe snowman, . Thanks for everything I love it all and it is so perfect. I am touched by the thoughtfullnrss that was put into everything. I could not have asked for a better SS.

hoping mine got to my ss

and me...should have been received days ago and they've been online since then.

Sorry for the delay I recieved both my SS and OE gifts when I needed a heart smile ...my Mom died last Saturday, her service was Monday,so when I came home and the gifts were waiting I smiled.

jstuvem, so sorry for your loss. It's NEVER a good time to lose a parent, but I would think the holiday season makes it that much more difficult. Many good thoughts and wishes for you and your loved ones through this difficult time. Instead of focusing on being sad at missing her this year, maybe you could create a new tradition of sharing memories of her around this time to uplift you.

I too thought I'd posted this sooner, I've been preoccupied worrying about other things :(

Edited by tinkrbel
ashamed

Sorry I haven't posted yet!! Just wanted to say that I received my SS gift and I loved it!! This is the first year that my SS sent something for my kids (who open my box every year:) and when they found their gifts they were so surprised. Thanks so much for making them smile. My son has never mentioned star wars anything but loves those little figures. My daughter of course loves those hanging pics. Me I love lets see, the lil towels, rags, candle piece, candy, pot holder and the ornament. Thanks so much for my gifts!!!

I got both my SS and my OE today! :) WOW! is all I can say! You both did such an awesome job of making me feel special :blush: My OE sent my a sweet guardian Angel to watch over me as I drive and a soooooo cute snowman ornament, he is clear and has snow in his belly lol I love it!! My SS must be the "real" Santa :) she sent me Dearfoam slippers (can't wait to put those on tonight lol), a really cute snowman hand towel and pot holder, comfy socks, three nail polishes, four cheaters, sooooo cute (reading glasses), a gift wrap cutter ( I really wanted this but didn't put it on my list) :g_think:, five bags, boxes or canes of candy :eyepoppin I REALLY love that lol and went above and beyond in my book and sent my three children each a gift bag full of goodies ( so sweet). Whoever you are, you made me feel so special and my children appreciate you thinking of them. I wish my SS and my OE and Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year :) Thank you so much!

I will post pics soon.

jstuvem, I am soo sorry for the loss of your mom. :( (((((())))))))

*I also wanted to thank Tiffany, Lvnlakers78. She had me for the ornament swap,and when she heard my lovely ornament broke, she popped two new ones in then mail to me ASAP!! You rock! :) I got a cute block one that spells out hope and has a cute angel on top. And a really neat sprially penguin one. She also sent me more candy- a Lindt chocolate bar with chili. You went above and beyond as a swap buddy. Thanks so much!